From: "A.M. Glass" <glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Buffy <buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: AlternaBuffyFic <AlternaBuffyFic@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ucfic
<ucfic4btvs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] Fic... "Reasons" PG-13
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:12:53 -0800 (PST)

Title: "Reasons"
Author: Angela
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Copyright: Nov. 20, 1999
Disclaimer: Joss owns the characters from "Buffy:The
Vampire Slayer" all others belong to me.
Rating: PG-13.
if you'd like.
Author's Note: This has not been beta'd, I'm not sure
how my beta reader would react to this story, so I
didn't send it to her. Also, there is a song called "I
Love You For Sentimental Reasons", in here, it's sung
by Linda Ronstadt, and can be found on the cd "'Round
Midnight". I wish I could find the liner notes to tell
you who wrote the song, but I can't. The lyrics will
be denoted by the ( ) symbols, while thoughts are
denoted by the { } symbols.
Feedback: Entirely up to you.

*************

Willow as alone in the dorm room she shared with Buffy
Summers, the person she realized she was in love with.

Playing in the background was a Linda Ronstadt cd.

Willow wondered when Buffy would return from
patrolling, she had wanted to go with her, but Buffy
put a stop to it.

	"I know you've gone with me before... but... I don't
think it's a good idea."

	"Why not?" she asked, crushed.

	"You... you're sort of a distracting Will... not..
not that I don't love have you there with me..."

	"Oh... I'm sorry Buffy."

	"Will... no, stop, please. It's not you... honest.
I... I need to think about something, and well, you...
vampires... thinking... don't mix. I'm sorry," Buffy
replied, hating to see the disappointment on her
friend's face.

	"Okay... I understand," she replied.

	"Tomorrow Will, I promise," Buffy told her, giving
her a quick hug. "You're the best... bye."

With that, she was out the door.

Willow glanced at her alarm clock...

That had been three hours ago.

(I love you... for
sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me...

I'll give you my heart)

Willow had been listening to the same song for the
last hour.

It struck a cord in her, and she felt compelled to
listen to it over and over again.

As her eyes grew heavy with each passing moment, she
felt her mind wander...

(I love you and you
alone were meant
for me)

**********

Willow opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

She stood still...

	"Ah... Miss, would you like your usual table?"

	"Excuse me?" she replied, turning to face the man who
had asked her the question.

	"You're table, we have it reserved for you..."

	"Oh... sure," Willow replied.

	"This way please."

Willow followed him towards the front of the room, a
band was playing and there were couples on the dance
floor.

The gentleman held Willow's chair out for her, she
took her seat, it was then that she noticed...

	"Oh... My... Gosh... I'm in black and white!"

As a matter-of-fact, everything was.

	"I'm sorry, did you say something?"

	"No... no, not at all."

	"I'll bring your usual," he said as he departed.

	"Thanks," Willow replied, as she glanced around the
room. {I must be dreaming} she thought to herself.

All the women were elegantly dressed and the men wore
tuxedos.

	"Ladies and gentlemen, Le Maison De O'Leon proudly
presents the song stylings of Miss Madeline Summers,"
the orchestra leader said.

Applause followed.

	"Here you are."

	"Thank you," Willow replied, as a bucket containing a
magnum of champagne was set next to the table.
{Buffy?} Willow thought as the curtains parted and
Madeline Summers walked up to the microphone.

The spotlight, shone brightly on the dress 'Madeline'
was wearing, the plunging neckline accenting her
breasts and the straps that held up the dress; which
seemed painted on, were thin.

	"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I hope you don't
mind if I start off the set by singing a song which
has become a favorite of mine," Madeline said,
glancing back to the orchestra leader.

She gently caressed the microphone, then began to
sing.

(I love you... for
sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me...

I'll give you my heart)

	"The song," Willow whispered.

(I love you and you alone
were meant for me

Please give your loving heart
to me and say we'll never
part)

Willow watched as 'Madeline' looked around the room as
she sang.

(I think of you every morning
dream of you every night

Darling, I'm never lonely
whenever you're in sight

I love you... for
sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me...

I've given you my heart)

Then as the instrumental section of the song began,
Willow stared as Buffy's doppelganger locked eyes with
her. She was surprised to see that when 'Madeline'
took up the song once more, she continued to glance in
her direction.

(I think of you every morning
dream of you every night

Darling, I'm never lonely
whenever you're in sight

I love you... for
sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me...

I've given you my heart)

As the song ended, 'Madeline' received thunderous
applause.

Willow sat enthralled as 'Madeline' continued for
another twenty minutes, after which, she took her
break and headed towards her dressing room.

	"Miss... if you'll follow me, I'll escort you to Miss
Summers dressing room," the head waiter said, who had
arrived as soon as the performance was completed.

Willow walked behind him, moving through the dance
floor as couple soon filled the space once more.

Soon, the both stood in front of the dressing room
door.

KNOCK.... KNOCK.... KNOCK.

	"Yes?"

	"Miss Summers... I've brought Miss Rose... " the door
opened quickly.

	"That's fine Gerrard, thank you. Well, are you going
to just stand there?"

	"What?"

	"Come in here silly," Madeline said, pulling a
startled Willow into the room, and locking the door.

As soon as Madeline turned around, she closed the
distance between them and wrapped her arms around the
other woman.

	"I wasn't sure you were going to make it," Madeline
said, taking a step back and looking into the eyes
that held her captive. "I've missed you," she said.

	"You... I... um... you were wonderful," Willow
stuttered, she couldn't believe this was happening.

	"You're so cute when you do that, have I told you?"

Willow shook her head.

	"My mistake... but enough talking for the moment,"
with that said, Madeline bent her head forward and
captured Willow's lips in a kiss.

Willow's eyes could not have opened any wider had she
wanted them to.

	{Buffy's kissing me} she thought. {No... wait... it's
Madeline... I'm confused}

Before she knew what she was doing, Willow's eyes
closed.

Buffy's/Madeline's lips were soft and warm...

Soon, Willow gave into the gentle insistence of
whoever was kissing her, asking for entrance into her
mouth.

Willow's hands moved on their own, slowly wrapping
themselves around Buffy's doppleganger's back.

A knock at the door brought them both back to reality.

	"Yes," Madeline gasped.

	"Ten minutes Madeline."

	"Thank you... I'll be right out," she replied, then
turned her attention back to her companion. "Are you
okay?" she asked.

	"Oh... yeah... I'm... I'm great... Buf... Madeline."

	"What... no pet names, really Willomina."

	"I'm sorry... Buffy?"

	"You... are... forgiven Will," Madeline said
punctuating each word with a kiss. "I've got to go,
I'll see you later tonight?"

	"Count on it," Willow replied.

	"I love you, you know that?"

	"I... I love you to Buffy," Willow replied
truthfully.

They shared one last kiss, then Madeline fixed her
make-up and left the dressing room.

	"Wow... Buffy loves me," she said out loud.

	"Of course I do Will."

Willow frowned.

	"Buffy?" she said looking around the room.

	"Yeah Will?"

	"Where are you?" she didn't see Buffy anywhere in the
room.

	"Right here."

	"Where... I don't see you?"

**********

Buffy had come back from patrol and had found Willow
fast asleep. She was about to turn the cd player off,
when she listened to the lyrics of the song. It seemed
as if Willow had particularly liked the track that was
playing, Buffy had heard it four times since returning
to her room.

She had changed into her pj's, and was about to get
into bed when she heard Willow's voice:

	"Oh... yeah... I'm... I'm great... Buf... Madeline."

	{Who's Madeline?} Buffy wondered.

	"I'm sorry... Buffy?"

	{What is she dreaming?}

	"Count on it."

	{Count on what?}

	"I... I love you to Buffy."

Buffy walked over to Willow's bed...

Willow was squeezing her pillow...

Actually, Willow was kissing her pillow.

Buffy shrugged and was in the midst of turning around,
when Willow's voice broke the silence:

	"Wow... Buffy loves me."

She wondered why Willow frowned when she replied that
she loved her as well.

**********

	"Where... I don't see you?"

	"I'm right here Will," Buffy said, as she sat next to
her sleeping friend.

**********

Willow was surprised to see Madeline come back into
the dressing room.

	"Aren't you going to be late?" Willow asked,
completely forgetting the voice she'd heard seconds
earlier.

	"No... I needed something."

	"What... what do you need?" Willow asked.

**********

Buffy was curious as well, wishing she was able to
listen in on the other part of the conversation and
not just Willow's side.

**********

	"This," Madeline replied, taking Willow's arms and
draping them around her shoulders.

**********

Buffy was startled by Willow's sudden movement, what
surprised her was the fact that it seemed as if Willow
had no control over the action, as if someone else had
moved her arms, she was only inches away from her
friend's face.

**********

	"Oh... I think I like this," Willow whispered.

	"I thought you might... now kiss me."

	"Yes ma'm."

**********

Buffy wasn't prepared for the kiss... she had no idea
what Willow was "'Yes ma'ming'" to.

(Please give your loving
heart to me and say we'll
never part)

The kiss lasted a few seconds before Willow suddenly
slumped back into bed.

	"Will?" Buffy said, getting off the bed, her lips
tingling with the memory of the kiss.

	"Hmm... oh.. hi Buffy. Is anything wrong? How did
patrol go?"

	"Hi... no... fine."

Smiling, Willow asked:

	"Have you been back long?"

	"Umm... no... fell asleep did you."

	"Oh... yeah, sorry, I wanted to stay up," she yawned.

	"No problem... in fact, I think I'll turn in," Buffy
said.

(I think of you every morning
dream of you every night

Darling, I'm never lonely
whenever you're in sight)

	"Okay... I hope I can get back to the dream I was
having," Willow said, fixing her pillows.

	"That good huh?"

	"Yeah... well, night Buff."

	"Night Will."

(I hope you do believe me...

I've given you my heart)

	{Oh boy... what do I do?} Buffy thought as she got
into bed, her fingers brushing her lips.

The End.