From: jbstories _ <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 4:53 PM
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] FIC: Not So Bad Beer...Part 1

From: "jbstories _" <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Not So Bad Beer
=====================
By Janine (jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx)

Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine, they belong to Joss Whedon
and Mutant Enemy. I will not be making any money etc, yadda, yadda.

Rating: PG-13 (so far anyway:)

Synopsis: What happened after the credits rolled in the episode BAD BEER.

It had been an interesting night to say the least. Not only had she
verbally attacked Parker in an utterly compelling way, but she had almost
been burned to death and ended up being saved by a devolved version of her
best friend. A version who was fond of clubbing people over the head, and
seemed to get immense pleasure out of playing with her hair. Willow
sighed
and shook her head, sometimes her life was weird even to her which was
saying a whole lot.

Buffy looked over at Willow when she heard the girl sigh and cocked her
head
to the side. She walked for a few more moments watching Willow rub her
eyes
before she spoke.

"Girl tired," Buffy said stopping. "Buffy help girl," she said firmly and
she reached out for Willow.

"It's okay Buffy, really. I'm just a little.Buffy.wait.what." was all
Willow managed to get out before she was flung over Buffy's shoulder.

"Buffy make it better see," Buffy said as she started to walk again. She
sounded very pleased with herself and Willow was glad that Buffy was glad
because she really didn't want Buffy to be upset because Buffy seemed to
like to hit people over the head with sticks when she didn't like them,
but
she really, really wanted down.

"I really appreciate the effort you're trying to make here, it's really
very
sweet, and I'm really really grateful, but I would like very much to be
put
down now. Very much," Willow said.

"Buffy help, girl tired, Buffy carry girl. All good," Buffy responded not
breaking stride.

Willow sighed again, and they walked in silence for a moment before Willow
finally looked at the two men walking behind them who were being unusually
quiet. Looking up Willow managed to make eye contact with Giles. The
look
on her face clearly said "Help me!". Giles nodded his head and quickened
his pace so that he was walking beside Willow and Buffy.

"Buffy, perhaps it would be best if you were to put Willow down now," the
Watcher started. Buffy stopped walking and turned to face him.

"No," she said. Then with her free hand she poked him in the chest with
her
finger. "Quiet you." With that she continued walking again.

Willow looked back at Giles imploringly again.

"Buffy, I really think it would be best if you were to."

"Why you still talk?" Buffy asked whirling around to face him again. "If
you still talk, Buffy make you stop talk," she said making a fist. Giles
stared at her for a second then made the wise decision and stepped away.

"Although not very manly I think you made the right decision," Xander said
slapping Giles on the back.

"Would you care to give it a go?" Giles asked turning to face Xander.

"Don't mind if I do," Xander said. Willow watched as he walked past her
so
that he was beside Buffy.

"Buffy," was all he managed to get out before she shoved him away from
her.
After that Xander followed Giles lead.

"I know that she's devolved but that was still very, rude. I mean, I'm
her
beer dude, her connection, her alcoholic pimp," Xander said in a wounded
voice.

"Beer?" Buffy said turning around. "Where beer? Buffy want beer."

"There's no beer Buffy," Willow said finally giving into the ride.

"Man say beer," Buffy responded looking back at Xander.

"Man was wrong," Willow said calmly.

"Bad man," Buffy said.

Once they got to the door of their room Buffy reached for the door then
stopped momentarily captivated by the shiny surface of the door knob. She
poked at it at first, then flicked it with her nail before finally turning
it. Once she figured out how to turn it was only a matter of moments
before
she managed to get the door open. The truly amazing part wasn't that she
figured out how to do all of that, but that she was able to do so without
putting Willow down.

Once they were in the room Buffy walked over to the bed closest to the
door
(which just happened to be her own) and flung Willow down on it.

"See Buffy help," she said smiling down at Willow. The smile was open,
and
caring, and infectious and Willow smiled back.

"Yes, Buffy help. Thank you," Willow responded. Buffy smiled again then
turned to face Xander and Giles who were standing just inside of the door.

"Men go now," she said walking towards them. "Girl home, Buffy home," she
continued ushering them the short way to the door. "Go home."

Giles managed to stop short of actually being pushed out of the door and
walked around Buffy until he could see Willow.

"Willow are you going to be alright here, if.well it wouldn't be any
trouble
for." Giles started to say but Willow interrupted.

"It's alright Giles, really, we'll be fine," Willow said noticing the way
Buffy was staring at him.

"Are you sure Will," Xander said. "It could be like a slumber party,
Buffy
and I could bunk together and Will and Giles."

"Xander!" Willow exclaimed.

"Xander!" Giles exclaimed.

"What? It was just a suggestion," Xander said defensively.

"Buffy," Willow said getting up off of the bed. Buffy walked over to her
immediately her attention completely focused on Willow. "Here, look at
this
for a moment," Willow said turning on the TV Buffy looked at the little
people on the screen then looked back at Willow before returning her
attention to the screen.

Satisfied that Buffy was occupied Willow walked to where Giles and Xander
were standing.

"I'm not completely comfortable leaving you here with her," Giles said his
attention focused on Buffy in background. "Her moods have proven to be
unpredictable, she could become violent."

"No," Willow protested. "Buffy would never hurt me, not even cave Buffy,"
she continued. "I know that she seems different, but deep down she's
still
Buffy. Everything she's done to tonight has been to help me.well that and
get beer, but what I'm saying is that she wouldn't ever hurt me."

"He may be right Will," Xander said. "You might tell her to go to bed,
and
if she doesn't like the suggestion she could introduce you to Mr. Club."

"Giles, Xander," Willow said firmly. "I understand that you're concerned
but I promise everything will be fine. Buffy likes me, she won't do
anything to me. I'm sure that everything will be fine."

Once Willow managed to get Xander and Giles out of their room she walked
over to her bed and flopped back down on it. She closed her eyes and
flung
her arm over her eyes. It had been a long, long, night. A few seconds
after she lay down on the bed she heard Buffy get up. A moment later she
felt the bed bounce.

"Will-ow," Buffy said softly.

"Yes," Willow said not moving.

"You okay?" Buffy asked. Willow took her arm from over her face so that
she
could see Buffy.

"I'm okay Buffy," Willow said smiling slightly. "I'm just tired, and
dirty,
and."

"Smelly," Buffy supplied.

"Smelly," Willow repeated.

"Smelly," Buffy confirmed.

"I'm not," Willow started to say as she lifted an arm to her nose. "Okay
so maybe a little bit," Willow conceded.

"It okay," Buffy said quickly sensing that she had upset Willow. "Girl
still beautiful," she continued in a softer voice. Willow looked over at
her surprised. Beautiful, Buffy had never her called that before. Then
again, she thought, best friends don't go around telling each other
they're
beautiful, even if that's what they're thinking. On lots of separate
occasions Willow could have told Buffy that she was wholly beautiful.but
you
just don't do that. Do you?

"Smelly and beautiful, that's an interesting combination," Willow said
more
to say something than anything else. "I guess that I could do something
about the smelly."

"What?" Buffy asked cocking her head to the side again.

"Shower," Willow said sitting up. "Definitely a shower." A shower would
give her a chance to put everything that had been going on lately into
perspective. Things not just with Buffy but with Oz too. Having one of
them distant would have been hard enough, but now she had no idea what was
going on with her boyfriend and her best friend was a Neanderthal.

"Buffy help," Buffy said reaching out for Willow again.

"No, that's okay," Willow said moving out of her range. "I'll walk this
time," she continued as she headed over to her closet to get her robe.

"Sure?" Buffy asked. "Buffy strong," she continued.

"Yeah, I think I can manage," Willow said smiling to herself. One thing
that could be said for this version of Buffy was that she was certainly
attentive.

"Buffy go too," Buffy said moving over behind Willow.

"No, Buffy stay, Willow go," Willow responded.

"Buffy smelly too, Buffy want sho-wer.Buffy want to go with Will-ow,"
Buffy
said getting slightly agitated. "Please," Buffy said softly this time
looking directly into Willow's eyes. "No want to be alone."

Willow looked down into Buffy's green eyes and didn't even have to think
about her answer. Just like with normal Buffy, this Buffy's eyes were
very
expressive and what Willow saw in them broke her heart. Buffy was scared,
and sad, and lonely, and Willow was the one that she wanted. Willow
couldn't have said no even if she had really wanted to.

"Okay," Willow said grabbing Buffy's robe and handing it over to cave to
her. "You can come.but you have to behave."

"Promise," Buffy said with a smile. "Be good just like Will-ow."

Once they arrived in the, thankfully, empty washroom Willow spent a few
minutes demonstrating to Buffy how to use the knobs and dials in the
shower
and how to lather and apply as well as wash off soap. Buffy's enthusiasm
made the lesson take a little longer than it should have but after about
ten
minutes she was satisfied Buffy had understood her.

Willow turned on shower and sighed. This was a very, very, good idea, she
decided. After a few minutes of pure relaxation her mind started to
wander
into decidedly unpleasant territory. Oz and his new obsession Veruca.
She
had no evidence that anything was going on, but she didn't need any
evidence, she could feel it in her bones. She was sure that nothing had
gone on, but she got the feeling that she was just waiting for a "yet",
nothing had happened yet.

She didn't know how she would have gotten through what had been going
through without Buffy by her side. No matter what was going on with
slaying
or with Parker, or with anything, Buffy was there for her. Just being in
Buffy's presence made her feel better, even this version of Buffy.

Willow was about to reach for her shampoo bottle when she heard the shower
door open. She was about to tell whoever it was that the stall was most
definitely occupied when they spoke.

"Buffy no like over there," the Slayer said stepping completely into the
shower. Willow turned around crossing her arms over her chest.

"Buffy you can't stay in here," Willow said her voice raising a couple
octaves. "This is a private place."

"Buffy no like over there," the blond repeated. "'Sides, Buffy clean
see,"
Buffy displaying her body to Willow. Willow stared for a second then
ripped
her eyes away. There was no way she was going to stand there in the
shower
naked looking at her best friends nude, wet, nude, nude, did she mention
nude form.

"Buffy, you can't just, it's not.you really should.because being in.we
shouldn't be." Willow said not being able to get anything coherent out.
She
just wasn't familiar with the etiquette for a situation like this.

"It okay," Buffy said soothingly seeing that Willow was upset. "Buffy
clean
now," she continued reaching out for Willow's hand. "See," Buffy said
placing Willow's hand on her stomach. "All clean." Willow managed to
nod,
or at least she thought she nodded. She couldn't believe this. "Buffy
make
Will-ow clean," Buffy said dropping Willow's hand and reaching for the
soap.

"No," Willow said taking the soap away from her. "I think emphatically
not."

"Yes," Buffy said taking the soap back. "Fattically yes."

"No," Willow said again swiping for the soap and missing.

"Yes," Buffy said again starting to work up a lather.

"No," Willow said again. She couldn't believe that she was having this
conversation.

"Buffy want to help Willow," Buffy said.

"Buffy," Willow started to say. "I.okay," Willow finally consented. She
hadn't even really thought about her answer, it had just felt like that
right thing to do.

Buffy made no visible reaction, she just continued to lather the soap.
Having agreed Willow now watched Buffy's movements with rabid attention.
Soon Buffy was satisfied with the lather and she reached out for Willow
and
started to work the soap onto her arms.

Despite her pre-historic state of being Buffy's touch was amazing gently.
Feather light, sometimes the touch was so gentle Willow wasn't even sure
Buffy was touching her. Willow closed her eyes and let her head drop down
to her chest. She couldn't help it, it was all very relaxing. She could
feel the tension ebbing away from her, being replaced by a fluttering
warmth. Willow gasped softly her eyes popping open when she realized
exactly what that warmth was. She was becoming aroused by Buffy's
ministrations, by Buffy. Highly aroused at that. Then she realized where
Buffy was about to clean next and knew for an absolute fact that the
warmth
wouldn't go away if Buffy got down there.

"I'm clean now," Willow said suddenly reaching out and stopping Buffy's
hand
from wandering any further. "Really very clean now, clean as can be.
Just
call me Mrs. Clean," Willow continued reaching for the taps and turning
off
the water.

"Buffy like getting clean," the Slayer said following Willow out of the
stall.

"Clean is good," Willow said reaching for her robe and pulling it on.

Buffy didn't reach for her robe, she simply stood there staring at Willow.
She looked thoughtful.

"Willow soft," Buffy said. "Buffy like soft," she continued reaching out
hand. Willow took step back.

"Yes soft is nice, nice is soft, soft nice," Willow said reaching for
Buffy's robe. "This is soft too, how about you put it on. It smells like
lemons," Willow said shoving the robe her Buffy's direction.

Buffy reached out and took the robe. Once she had it in hand she brought
it
to her nose and smelled it. She seemed to consider something for a moment
then she dropped the robe onto the ground.

"Buffy, please put on the robe," Willow said. Her voice sounded desperate
and she realized that that's exactly what she was. Desperate. She was
desperate to get Buffy in clothes because she found her eyes wandering and
didn't like what that meant considering the fact that the warmth from in
the
shower was still there.

Buffy shook her head.

"You said you'd behave," Willow reminded. "You said you'd be good like
me,"
she continued. "Were you lying.like the man?" she asked referring to
Xander.

"No," Buffy said firmly. "Buffy no lie, lying bad." With that said Buffy
reached down and picked up the robe.

"Thank the Lord," Willow muttered heading for the door. Suddenly the
night
was looking a whole lot longer.

End Part 1

Janine