From: jbstories _ <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 1:55 PM
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] FIC: Home, Sweet Home, Part 1

From: "jbstories _" <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Home, Sweet Home

By Janine (jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine, they belong to Joss Whedon
and Mutant Enemy. I will not be making any money etc, yadda, yadda.
Rating: PG-13
Synopsis: This is a continuation to my story "The chemicals between us".

Buffy walked the familiar hallway shifting the bag on her shoulder.
Stopping in front of a familiar door she stopped and smiled. Home. Or at
least her new college version of it. A version she happened to be quite
fond of actually. Opening the door she stepped in and dropped her bag.
It
was good to be back.

Willow looked up from her book when she heard the door open.

"Buffy," she exclaimed happily a smile covering her face.

"In the flesh," Buffy said smiling and heading over to the desk.
"Actually," she corrected. "in her new shoes," she continued wiggling one
of her feet. "You like?"

"I see you had a good time with your Dad's Gold card," Willow said.

"And his Visa, and his Master Card, and."

"His American Express?" Willow guessed.

"Never leave for the mall without it," Buffy agreed with a grin.

"So tell me what happened," Willow said standing up and moving over to her
bed, while Buffy picked up her bag.

"As you wish," Buffy responded following Willow over to her bed.

They were lying on Willow's bed. Buffy was stretched out across the foot
of
the bed with her legs dangling over the edge while Willow sat up at the
top
of the bed by the head board sitting with her knees drawn up to her chest.

"What about Angel?" Willow asked when Buffy ceased in her oration for a
moment. Buffy had talked about everything from the what the salesclerk
who
sold her her shoes was wearing, to the colour of her fathers kitchen wear,
but she still hadn't said anything about her ex yet.

"Well, that curse thing must follow him around, cause Cordelia IS his
secretary," Buffy said not taking her eyes off of the ceiling. "From what
heard she's the same old C.C," Buffy continued. "I almost feel sorry for
L.A." When Willow didn't respond Buffy turned her head to look at her.
"But that's not what you wanted to know, is it?"

"Not exactly," Willow answered. "Although that was on the list."

"And Angel's at the top of that list?" Buffy asked.

"Right now he is," Willow responded.

"Alright," Buffy agreed with a little half sigh. "I accused him of
sulking
around in the shadows stalking me, and told him that it wasn't at all
kosher. Then I told him that it wasn't his responsibility to protect me,
and more importantly that I didn't want him to protect me. Unless of
course
it was a matter of life and death, which that incident was, but it was the
principle behind it.the sulking and everything. Then a demon busted
through
his window, he killed it, and I left," Buffy said never taking her eyes
off
of Willow's.

"That's it?" Willow asked finding it hard to believe whatever happened
lasted only five minutes. But, despite her skepticism she found herself
hoping that it was all that happened. Willow liked Angel on an individual
basis, but when he was around Buffy those feeling turned decidedly less
friendly.

"That's completely it," Buffy responded with a note of finality in her
voice.

"And you didn't get the slightest bit of happies seeing him again?" Willow
asked possessed by some sort of masochistic desire. She didn't really
want
to know if Buffy had gotten the happies, but at the same time she did. It
was a vicious cycle.

Buffy looked pensive, and thoughtful for a moment before responding.

"Not really," Buffy responded softly. "I mean, he's always going to be a
fine specimen of maleness, but I didn't really feel anything except for."
she kind of trailed off after that.

"Except for what?" Willow asked.

"Sad," Buffy said softly. "I didn't want to be there. Seeing him, being
there, it was extremely depressing. I know that sounds really terrible,
really, really, terrible seeing as how were went through hell together,
literally, but the moment I walked in it was like this dark cloud
descended
upon me," Buffy continued. "I guess I had forgotten what it felt like,"
she
went on rapidly. "Am I a horrible person? I mean, at one point I was
considering spending my life with him."

When Willow heard the self-depreciating tone in Buffy's voice she moved
from
her position in the bed so that she was lying beside Buffy.

"You're not a bad person, I repeat, not, a bad person," Willow said
firmly.
"And well, know I say this with the best of intentions, but well, Angel
has
never been a ray of sunshine, what with the black, black and more black.
Not to mention the whole cursed for eternity thing," Willow continued. "I
think that maybe you've gotten used to bright colors. There's a lot of
fusha on the campus."

Buffy smiled momentarily before turning serious once again.

"Whatever the reason things have changed, it's like.it's just.not like
before," Buffy said struggling to find the right words. "The way it is
now,
him there and me here. That's the way it should be. I'm more certain of
it
mow than ever before," Buffy continued turning her head until she was
looking Willow in the eye. "I hated him for leaving me at first, I was
scared because being with him was all I had known for so long.
But.leaving,
taking off and going to L.A, was the best thing he could have done for
both
of us."

"You're happier now?" Willow asked holding Buffy's gaze.

"Yeah," Buffy said softly. "I am."

Willow felt a smile working it's way across her face and turned her head
so
that Buffy couldn't see her. The summersault's her stomach had been doing
since Buffy left for L.A. had finally stopped.

"How are you doing, Will?" Buffy asked watching her friend. Since they
had
moved in together, Buffy had become considerably more proficient at
reading
Willow's emotions. Well, the fact that they were now living together, and
that Buffy paid rabid attention to anything Willow. The emotions her
friend
was sending out currently were really jumbled, and that usually meant
issues.

"A lot better now that you're back," Willow responded without thinking.
She
was about to start regretting her answer, but she saw Buffy flash her a
beatific smile and was instantly glad that she had said it.

"That's good," Buffy responded. "Because it's good to be back," she
continued. "You sure you're okay?"

"Definitely," Willow responded. "Just too much quality Xander and Anya
time," Willow continued making a face. "You're lucky you got out of here
before Xander fully recovered from his Syphilis. It got scary after
that.really, really, scary.

"Was Anya thinking about having sex with him again?" Buffy asked with a
sardonic grin remembering the oh so unappetizing conversation they had
been
a party to at the dig.

"Not only did she think about, but she tried to do," Willow responded
making
a face. Buffy could see the grumble, grumble written all over Willow's
face.

"Poor Willow," Buffy said patting her on the top of her head.

"Poor, poor, Willow," Willow responded turning her head to the side until
her forehead was resting against Buffy's shoulder.

They stayed like that for long, silent moments. Both of them reveling in
the closeness of their bond. They were both aware of what they were
feeling, but were in doubt of what the other was. What they did know for
sure, however, was that they shared an affection that was tangible, and no
matter what the other may or may not have been felling, they had that, and
as long as they had that it'd be enough.

Buffy leaned her arms on the sill of the window and stuck her head
outside.
The air outside wasn't exactly cold, but it was most definitely better
than
inside the room. It'd been a week since she'd gotten back from L.A, and
she
wasn't really sure how or why, but she could feel that things had changed
between her and Willow. They had gotten closer, more comfortable around
each other. The tension that had been there after the bad beer incident
had
faded into the background, and Buffy was wishing her memories of the night
in question would fade as well. The reason she was sticking her head out
of
the window, just like she had the night before, was because she kept on
thinking about that night. She could feel Willow's lips on her, feel her
body pressing against Willow's, feel her warmth. The slightest things
would
cause the feelings to rise in her, and then she couldn't put them back.

It was frigging irritating. Not for the first time she had gotten herself
worked up into quite a state, and again not for the first time there was
nothing that she could do about it. She couldn't get relief from the
person
she wanted, and she couldn't even do it herself, because she made too much
noise during the act of auto-erotic exhilaration, and couldn't chance,
well,
the chance.

Buffy took a deep breath then released it softly. Willow was standing
behind her, she could feel it.

"Is there something out there?" Willow asked curiously.

"Trees, stars.more tress," Buffy responded turning around.

"You know where else they have those?" Willow asked.

"Trees?" Buffy asked. Willow nodded. "Where?"

"Everywhere," the hacker responded.

"Funny," Buffy said moving over to sit on her bed.

"Are you okay?" Willow asked taking a seat beside Buffy. "You seem kind
of.distracted." Buffy looked down at her lap. "And your ears are all
red."

When Willow said that Buffy's hands flew straight to her ears. Her ears
were red, great, Buffy thought. Only two things made her ears turn red.
Extreme cold, and extreme arousal.

"I'm fine," Buffy responded with a smile. "Really."

"If you say so," Willow said thinking that she should probably move since
she was practically sitting on top of Buffy, but not really wanting to
move
at all.

"I say so," Buffy responded.

Buffy ducked and turned around raising her hand blocking one of the
vampires
intended blows. The beast growled and Buffy smiled.

"Sorry, please try again," Buffy said ducking down and sweeping the vamps
legs out from underneath it. "The uglier they are, they harder they
fall,"
Buffy said turning her attention away from the vampire on the ground to
one
of his buddies.

Buffy round-housed the vamp behind her, then punched him in the stomach.
When the beast bent over in pain Buffy elbowed him on the back knocking
him
to the ground.

"Buffy, behind you!" Willow yelled from her DSP (designated safety
position).

"I'm on it," Buffy yelled back flashing a smile at her companion.
"Thanks."

Willow was about to respond when she sensed a presence behind her.
Turning
her head slightly to the side she stopped a vampire closing in on her from
behind some nearby bushes. Moving to the side she picked up a nearby
metal
garbage container and threw it at the vampire closing in on her. She was
about to call for Buffy when she looked over and saw the Slayer over come
by
vamps. They were swarming her like locusts.

By the time Willow remembered about the vampire that had been coming after
her he had grabbed her and pushed her up against a tree.

"Looky, what Rufus found," the vampire said tightening the hold he had on
Willow's throat. "The Slayer's little bitch," he continued snaring.
Willow
raised one of her eyebrows.

"Little?" she managed to squeak out. She was at least an inch taller than
Buffy. She wasn't Buffy's 'little' anything.

"Rufus wants a taste, if it's good enough for the Slayer it's good enough
for me," continued.

Willow ignored him instead concentrating on the vampires in the distance
that Buffy was fighting with. She had managed to dispatch of a few of
them,
but there were still so many. That's when Willow saw it. Buffy was
wearing
some stakes in her hair, those ones that looked like chop sticks.

"It's gonna be so sweet sucking your." Rufus was saying.

"Could you do me favor, and just be quiet for five seconds?" Willow asked.
Rufus growled, but once again she ignored him. If this was going to work
she had to concentrate completely.

Focusing on Buffy's head, Willow managed to mentally remove on of the
stakes
in Buffy hair. Then, concentrating on the vampire closet to Buffy, Willow
sent the stake flying straight into his heart. Seeing one of their
comrades
explode into dust distracted the other vamps, and Buffy with Willow's
assistance was able to dust the rest of them rather quickly.

Turning to face the last vampire, Buffy pulled out her stake.

"This time, stay dead!" she said shoving it into this heart and watching
as
he exploded. "Two thumbs up for." Buffy started to say turning to
congratulate Willow when she saw her friend being pushed up against a tree
by a vamp.

"Willow!" Buffy shouted sprinting over to the tree.

By the time Buffy the tree Willow was slumped over in the vampires grasp,
and the beasts head was lowered to her neck. Buffy reached out and
grabbed
the vampire by his shirt pulling him away from Willow and flinging him
onto
the ground.

"I swear to God, that if you finished what you were doing, eternal
damnation
will seem like a picnic compared to what I'll do to you," Buffy said icily
staring a hole into the demon.

"I'm hungry," Rufus complained, thinking that he really should have just
gotten on with eating.

"Well, you shouldn't play with your food," Buffy said closing in on him.
"Gives you indigestion," she said shoving the stake into his heart, then
turning and running back over to Willow.

Willow lay crouched on the ground, she wasn't moving. Buffy kneeled down
beside her and gently tipped her head up so that she could see her face.

"Will?" Buffy said softly. "Come on Will, open your eyes," Buffy urged
rubbing the hackers cheek. The Slayer could clearly she the marks left by
the vampires hand on her friends neck.

"Come on Willow," Buffy said beginning to panic. "Wake up," she continued
lying Willow down on the ground. After pausing for a fraction of a second
Buffy tilted Willow's head back and used her free hand to open her mouth.
Leaning down she brought their lips together and blew into Willow's mouth.
Pulling back she freed her hand and started to pump on Willow's chest.
"Wake up dammit!" Buffy yelled getting increasingly agitated.

She leaned back down, blowing into Willow's mouth then pulled up and
started
pumping on her chest again. She continued this a few more times still
getting no result. She could feel tears falling down her face, but she
couldn't concentrate on that at the moment.

"You wake up!" Buffy yelled. "Right now, goddammit," she continued still
pumping on Willow's chest. "Don't you leave me," Buffy continued.
"Please," she said lowering her forehead to Willow's. "Please, don't
leave
me.please.don't leave me," she continued softly.

There was still no reaction.

Buffy raised up her head after a moment and looked down at the pale face
below her. Willow was not dead, Buffy refused to believe it. Willow was
not, could not be dead. It wasn't suppose to happen this way. Willow was
not suppose to die before her, the fight Buffy fought was not Willow's to
fight and more importantly NOT Willow's to die for. She hadn't even told
her how much she loved her. She hadn't gotten a chance to tell her that
she
was her life.

"Wil-low!!!!!!!!!!!" Buffy yelled out into the air, slamming her hand onto
her chest.

There was still no response.

Buffy's body heaved, her body overcome by tears. Her head dropped to
Willow's chest, sobbing.

That's when she felt it. A slight lifting and depressing of the chest
below
her.

"Bu-ff-y," Willow said softly. Her voice barely audible, so soft anyone
but
Buffy would have missed it.

"Will?" Buffy said precariously raising her head up so that she could see
Willow's face.

"Did we win?" Willow asked, her gaze still unfocused. "Cause I think we
won, but I'm not really feeling like the winner over here."

"We won," Buffy said drawing Willow into an embrace.

"Oh," Willow said, sinking into Buffy's embrace. "Good."

End of Part 1
(to be continued)

Janine

Post message: buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx