///////////////////////////////////////

From: "jbstories _" <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"A Little Birdie Told Me So"
===============================
By: Janine (jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx)

Disclaimer: All the characters, Buffy, Willow,
Giles, Xander, etc. belong to
Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Inc., and Warner Bros. I'm
just borrowing their
brilliant creations. I intend no copyright
infringement from my use of their
characters, and will receive no monetary or any
other compensation for their
use, in any form, of the story that succeeds. Lia
and Lyndon are mine
however so I can do whatever I want with them:)

Synopsis: This weeks theme. Buffy is in a café
waiting for Willow and over
hears something…interesting.

"A Little Birdie Told Me So"

Part One
--------------

Buffy stalked into the café and looked around.
Willow wasn't there. She
sighed and ran a hand through her hair straightening
it out. She wasn't
sure whether she was glad Willow hadn't arrived yet
so that she could gather
her wits, or whether she was sad that she would have
to wait to see her
friend. Glancing around the café she spotted an
empty booth behind a group
of teens and took a seat. Whether she liked it or
not it she was waiting.

She had just gotten through with patrol and had come
straight to the café.
She and Willow had agreed to meet here when she was
done. It wasn't for any
special reason, they just both wanted to get out of
the dorm room for a
reason that didn't involve demons and death. She
was glad that they had
agreed to meet because the slaying that hadn't been
so great-or perhaps it
had been too good-and she was really looking forward
to seeing Willow and
just doing something normal. Something relaxing.
Nothing could put her in
a better mood faster than being with Willow.

One of the voices at the table behind her caught her
attention. She
recognized the voice. It was smoky, and deep but
distinctly feminine. Then
after a moment she was able to place it , it
belonged to a girl that she had
two classes with…Claire. They were in psychology
and geography together.
Buffy had never really talked to her, but her voice
was original and made
her stand out so the Slayer had noticed her.

Even though she recognized the voice, Buffy wasn't
notoriously concerned
with the conversation taking place behind her and
kept her eyes on the door,
waiting for Willow. It wasn't until she heard her
name mentioned at the
table behind her that started to listen to what they
were saying.

"Buffy Summers?" It was Claire who asked that. She
seemed slightly amused.
Buffy wasn't sure how she felt about that.

"Yeah, she's a hottie," a male voice responded. "A
stone cold fox," he
continued. Buffy could almost hear the smile in his
voice. She knew that
she should be upset about being objectified, that's
what any good feminist
would feel, but she didn't really mind. Being
called a stone cold fox
wasn't so bad.

"You're way off man," another voice responded. This
one was male too.
"That girl's…she's like this deep well…you could
fall into her," he
continued.

"Who's Buffy Summers? Is she a model? I've never
heard of her…is she that
new girl of Party of Five?" This time the voice was
female, and very valley
girl. She reminded Buffy of Cordelia. Although she
would never admit it to
anyone Buffy had to admit that she missed Cordelia a
little bit. Despite
that fact that she could be an absolute bitch when
she wanted to be, there
was something charming about the brunette. It was
kind of irritating.

"Buffy is not the new girl on Party of Five," Claire
responded. The tone of
her voice was hilarious and Buffy wished that she
could see her face.
"She's that blonde chick who's in 'the demon bitch
monster from hells' class
with us."

"This is California, do you know how many blonde
chicks there are around
here?" the other female asked. "This table is ¾
blond."

"Is that your way of telling me you want me to be
more specific?" Claire
asked. Buffy could hear the two males snicker.

"Yes," the other female responded in a snippy tone.

"Buffy is the blond chick who's permanently attached
to the side of that
red-headed chick," Claire responded. Buffy arched
her eyebrow at the
description. That was a first.

"Oohhhhhh," the other female said in a knowing tone.
Buffy was tempted to
turn around, what the hell was 'oohhhhhh' suppose to
mean?

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" the first
male Buffy had heard
speak asked. <Right on brother>, Buffy thought to
herself.

"Nothing," Claire responded. "We just don't think
that you're her type,"
she continued. <Why not?>, Buffy thought to
herself.

"Why not?" the guy asked in a kind of pathetic tone.

"Well first of all, have you seen her shoes? The
girl has got taste," the
unknown female responded.

"Which means that she'd never go out with you,"
Claire finished. Despite
herself Buffy found that slightly amusing…and she
did have good shoes.

"What's the second reason?" the second guy asked.

"The girl's an LSL," Claire responded in an
exasperated tone. "It's so
obvious." <A what?>, Buffy thought to herself. She
hated acronyms, she
really did. First it was her mother with that
stupid MOO, and now this.
What the hell was an LSL?

"Lip-Stick Lesbian," the other girl responded
happily. "Your sister's good
looking though, maybe you could introduce them," she
continued laughing at
her own wit.

Time seemed to slow down for Buffy after the acronym
was explained.
Lip-Stick Lesbian. Buffy shock her head in
confusion. Why would they think
that she was gay? There was nothing wrong with it,
she just didn't
understand why they thought that she was. <Do I
give off a gay vibe?> she
wondered. Faith had always teased her about that.

"She is not," the first guy responded. "You're just
jealous," he stated.

"Yeah, of the red-head," the first girl responded.
"What's her name?"

"Willow," Claire responded. "You could always fight
for the fair Ms.
Summer's affections, but if you ask me, she could
take you."

"Yeah, Jeff, Annie could definitely kick your
scrawny ass," the other girl

=== message truncated ===