Re: Theme Fic: Parts 2 and 3

OOOH, MORE, want more, make more, write more, more more more.
Melissa

From: "jbstories _" <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] Theme Fic: Parts 2 and 3
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:53:09 GMT

"A Little Birdie Told Me So"
Disclaimer: Same as in part one

Part Two
----------------

Buffy spent most of the walk back to their dorm dividing her attention
between telling Willow about patrol and thinking about what she had
overheard in the café. She knew that Willow wanted to know why she was
acting so weird in the café, but she seriously couldn't see what good it
would do to tell her she had heard. It would only upset her friend and
Buffy didn't want to do that. Not the mention that Willow might wonder why
her reaction to their "gossip" was so extreme. If that happened there was
no way Buffy could explain it to her. She certainly wasn't going to tell
Willow that there was more than a strong possibility that she was in love
with her, "that way". But, if she didn't explain her reaction Willow might
think that she was lying (which she would be but that was besides the
point).

As they entered the campus grounds Willow linked her arms through Buffy's.
Buffy looked over at her and was with a greeted with a smile that was
impossible to resist. She smiled back and their gazes held for a moment
before finally Buffy turned away and returned her attention to the path.

No, she decided, she wasn't going to tell Willow what happened in the café.
Hearing it had already made her paranoid, and she didn't want to make
Willow
all self-conscious about the way they acted around each other. Buffy
enjoyed the closeness between them, it was something special and rare, and
she didn't want to jeopardize that. Maybe the desire to keep what she had
heard a secret was a selfish attempt to make sure that things wouldn't
change between them, and if it was then she was sorry in advance for any
trouble it might cause, but she wasn't a saint, she was a living,
breathing,
human being with feeling and desires, and even if keeping the secret was
the
wrong thing to do, it was the only thing that she could do. There wasn't
much that she had in this world to look forward to, when your whole life is
dedicated to fighting demons goals are kind of a non-issue, but she did
have
moments like this with Willow, where it was just them, alone, and the world
around them belonged only to them, and only to the moment, and she
cherished
them. They nourished her, and strengthened her, and she needed them.
Maybe
it was selfish, but it was the only thing she could do.

It took Willow precisely two minutes and thirty-three seconds at start
questioning Buffy about the café once they arrived back at their room.
Buffy smiled even though she was dreading this conversation, it was classic
Willow.

"So what happened at the café?" Willow asked sitting down her bed.

"At the café?" Buffy asked stalling for time. She needed to think. "At
the
café I took a nap-a."

Willow smiled but wasn't going to let her off the hook.

"You're not going to jokey rhyme your way out of this one," Willow said
watching as Buffy moved over to take a seat on her bed.

"Will, it was nothing really," Buffy said lying down on her back. She
couldn't lie if she was looking at Willow's face. "I think I must have
gotten hit on the head harder than I thought."

"And that's 'nothing really'?" Willow asked looking at Buffy critically.

"Hey, it's not like I'm 'Concentration-Girl' even on my best days," Buffy
responded.

"That's true," Willow responded. Buffy looked over at her. "Hey, you're
the one that said it."

"So I did," Buffy admitted. It's not like she was even really upset.

"How's your head now," Willow asked getting up and walking over to Buffy's
bed. "I could go get you some ice, or a cold compress if you want," the
hacker continued brushing a strand of hair out of Buffy's face. Buffy
sighed at the gentle touch.

"No, it's alright," the Slayer responded. "I won't even feel it in couple
hours."

"You know if you could bottle that Slayer recuperation secret, you could be
a billionaire," Willow said sitting down on the side of Buffy's bed beside
her.

"But if I did that mom wouldn't have the fun of trying to scrap together
enough money to pay for the expensive post secondary education that's not
going to be of any use to me anyway," Buffy responded in a comically jaded
way that only she could generate.

"I think that she'd forgive you," Willow said smiling. "Are you sure that
you don't want anything?" Willow asked looking down at Buffy with concerned
eyes.

"I'm sure," Buffy said smiling despite herself. Willow was to good to her.
"I don't know what I did to deserve a friend like you, but I'm glad that I
did whatever it was," Buffy continued before she was even aware that the
words were coming out of her mouth. That's the way it is when your heart
has something to say, no matter how much you try to suppress it, it always
bubbles to the surface-usually when you would rather it didn't.

Willow looked down at her and just held her gaze. Then the hacker smiled
and bent down kissing Buffy on the forehead.

"Whatever it was I'm glad you did it to," she responded finally. "Now go
sleep."

"I'm not tired," Buffy said smiling. She was suddenly feeling very, very
good. Maybe even giddy.

"Yes you are," Willow said moving back over to her bed. "And so am I. So
please to go to sleep…for me?" Willow continued.

"Well, if you're tired," Buffy said yawning. She didn't want to keep
Willow
awake.

"I am," Willow said knowing that Buffy would never go to sleep simply for
her own good.

"Okay then," Buffy said turning out her light.

"Right," Willow said turning out hers.

"Goodnight Will," Buffy said a moment later.

"Night, Buff," Willow responded.

"Sweet dreams," Buffy said.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite," Willow responded closing her eyes.

"Mr. Sandman give her a dream," Buffy said.

"Buffy," Willow said in a warning tone.

"Sleep, right…I'm on it," Buffy said closing her eyes.

Part Three
---------------------

Buffy sat on Giles' couch staring into the fireplace. She could hear Spike
rummaging around in kitchen no doubt doing something that she didn't want
know about. Giles had left a few minutes earlier to go grocery shopping
meaning that she was alone with Spike until the G-man got back or Willow
arrived. Buffy turned her head to the side when she heard Spike coming out
of the kitchen. He was holding a mug in one hand and some Wheat-a-bix in
the other. Buffy frowned as he started to break the wheat into the mug and
made a face. There was only one word to describe what she was feeling and
that word was "ewwww!"

"What are you doing?" Buffy asked even though she didn't rally want to
know.

"Adds texture," Spike responded referring to the wheat. "High in fiber
too,
makes Spike a strong boy."

"Just when I thought that you couldn't possibly get any more disgusting,"
Buffy responded turning away as he lifted the mug to his lips.

"Where's Oak?" Spike asked sitting down in the chair opposite Buffy. Buffy
glared at him.

"Willow," she said carefully annunciating the word, "has a class and will
be
coming around later."

"Turn on the Tele will you," Spike said turning away from her.

"Turn it on yourself," Buffy responded picking at one of her nails.

"I'm in the middle of my bloody lunch right now woman," Spike responded.
Buffy looked over at him with a disgusted look on her face.

"You're dead, it's not like you've got anything better to do," Buffy
responded. "Turn on the damn 'Tele' yourself," she continued mocking his
accent.

"You owe me," he said pointing an accusatory finger in her face.

"I what?" Buffy asked incredulously.

"I've still got Buffy taste in my mouth," he responded. "Thinking about it
gives me the willies."

"Drop dead," Buffy said shooting him an utterly corrosive look.

"Been there, done that," Spike responded.

"Do you want a return ticket?" Buffy asked snidely.

"You must be an absolute joy to live with," Spike responded. "You and
Malibu Maple must have fun all day long."

"Shut up Spike," Buffy said staring at him. "You may be impotent and
pathetic now, but if you make one more tree joke I'm going to make you a
dust buster happy meal."

"Somebody's sensitive," Spike said backing off the Willow topic for the
moment. "Maybe you need more fiber in your diet," he suggested holding his
mug out to her.

"Ewww," Buffy responded turning away from him.

They sat in silence for a while after that. Buffy was looking at the door
hoping for someone, anyone, to get back, and Spike was slurping up his
blood
making 'ohhh ahhh' sounds and rubbing his stomach.

After a while the silence started to get to Buffy and she spoke up.

"You've gone for almost three weeks without making any Angel jokes," she
started. "Are you feeling alright? Are you sick?" she asked hopefully.

"I can't eat, I can't fight, and I can't even drink my bloody…blood, in
peace. Yeah, I'm fricking fantastic," Spike responded sarcastically.
"Besides I get a better reaction from the red-head jokes."

"Better reaction?" Buffy asked.

"Yeah," Spike responded happily. "When I mention Fang-boy you just get all
bitchy, but when it comes Cedar your face turns all sorts of nifty
colours."

"My face is not hyper-colour," Buffy muttered under her breath. "Like you
should talk bleached boy," she continued slouching down into the chair.

"Hey!" Spike said hearing the 'bleached boy' comment. "Like yours is
natural."

"Kiss my ass," Buffy shot back at him.

"Not even if you pounced on me like a rabid dog…again," Spike responded
making a face. "Besides, would you rather Willow do it," he said
tauntingly.

Buffy looked over and glared at him. Did everybody know how she was
feeling?

"Oh, did Spike hit a nerve," the vampire said smiling. "Did I hurt the
little Slayers feelings?" he asked. Buffy didn't respond. "Come on,"
Spike
said. "Did I? Did I hurt your feelings? Please tell me I did," he
continued gleefully.

"Get out!" Buffy said standing up.

"It's the middle of the afternoon," Spike said not moving. "It's sunny out
there!"

"I know," Buffy said smiling. "Now get out!"

"You can't do that," Spike said standing up and backing away from. "Giles
won't let you. You need me," he continued, although the last part sounded
more hopeful than anything else.

"Giles, isn't here," Buffy responded. "And you don't have anything I
need."

"Come on now," Spike said starting to get a little worried. Buffy looked
like she was enjoying herself. "Can't we all just…get along?"

"Uh, let me think about that," Buffy responded tilting her head up to the
ceiling. "No."

"Geesh," Spike said. "And I thought that love was suppose to make all you
humans nice, and friendly."

"I am not in love," Buffy said glaring at him.

"Keep telling yourself that," Spike said sitting back down. He didn't feel
that his life was in immediate danger anymore.

"You can't just say 'keep telling yourself that' and sit down," Buffy
responded. "What the hell is that suppose to mean? Who am I supposedly in
love with?"

"Willow."

"Willow?"

"Willow," Spike confirmed.

"You…you are so, so, so…so, very, very…crazy, nuts, insane…and if I do say
so myself, not very nice," Buffy responded haltingly. She didn't really
know what the hell she was saying, just that what Spike had said had felt
true to her.

"Oh, why don't you just hump her leg and get it over with already," Spike
said making a face. "All that hand holding, and 'I love you', no, 'I love
you', blah, blah, blah, is making me sick. Just shag already and shut up
about it."

"I do not want to hump Willow's leg!" Buffy said emphatically. She could
not believe that she was having this conversation with Spike. And the fact
that he right just pissed her off to no end.

"Do to," Spike responded.

"Do not," Buffy said.

"Do."

"Not."

"Do."

"Not."

"Do."

"Not."

And so it continued, and continued, and continued, for a long, long time.

More to come soon,
Janine

P.S. Thank you to all who responded to Part One, your encouragement has
been
an inspiration. Hope you all enjoyed this part!