FF: The Plague

Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me I'm
only borrowing them. Don't sue me. I don't have any
money anyway.

Ok guy's this doesn't have any spoilers that i'm aware
of since I have seen very few episodes. Any spoilers
are entirely unententional. I realize that the story
just stops, but I wanted to have something up by the
end of the weekend to see if anybody likes the story
and to determine if there is any point in continuing.
Please give me feedback.

The Plague(1/?)

Diana knew she should never have tried to take the
shortcut back to her house after the sun had went
down. Buildings rose up on either side of her as she
walked down the alley that would eventually take her
back to her house. Lights in the alley were few and
far between, and the ones that were there were
flickering, giving the appearance of going out at any
moment.

The only reason she was een out here right now was
because the cheerleading practice had run late and she
was suppose to meet Micheal Donovan, the cute boy who
had just transferred from LA, for their first date.

Diana jumped as she heard a skittering sound behind
her. What was that? Ok that's it I'm running home.

With that thought and encouragement from the renewal
of the sound behind her, Diana took off like the
hounds of hell were chasing her.

To her horror the sounds didn't fad away as she ran,
in fact they seemed to be coming quickly closer.
Diana half sobbed and gasped for breath as she
continued running, now stumbling over her feet every
few yards.

Suddenly she felt something slam into the back of her
leg and send her sprawling in a knot of painful limbs.

After finally untangliling herself Diana quickly
looked down at what had hit her and let loose a scream
loud enough to shade the window panes. A rat the size
of a small dog sat clinging to her leg. The weight of
the thing pressed down on her keeping her from
crawling to far or fast and the distinct impression of
claws Going through her pants nearly caused her to
faint from fear. But what had truly made her scream
was the glowing red embers the rat had for eyes.

Diana felt the eyes bore into her and flay her soul,
pealing like an onion layer after layer. At each
layer some wrong she had committed to another person
was shown to her, maginified 10 fold and then seared
back into her mind to cycle endlessly.

Diana screamed again as a new agony assailed her
person, something akin to the feeling of two red hot
pokers stabbing into her leg and being turned slowly.
With the new pain came the weakness as her screams
died down to gasping whimpers and the heat from her
leg spread throught the rest of her body. She didn't
even feel the weight of the rat dissaper as quickly as
it had come and then disappear into the darkness.
Then finally as a relief to the pain her mind spiraled
down into a restless unconsciousness.

**************

With a smooth motion the stake went from point A to
point B with a quick stop through a vampire's heart.
With a groan the vampire looked down and stared at the
object jutting through his chest and then promptly
dissolved into dust.

Buffy let out a sigh. "Will, that's the last of
them."

Willow stepped out from behind the tree and assumed a
scolding expression. "Buffy, you have to be mor...
uhhh."

"Hey Willow, you okay?"

Willow's sudden lack of mouth motoring came from the
observation of her friend stretching. This in and of
itself was not an abnormal thing but this was one of
those stretches where the strechie got up on his/her
tiptoes, stretched their arms over their head and let
out a very contented purr.

For what seemed like forever Willow just stood their
arguing with herself.

*You are NOT thinking about how those shorts show off
her calves, you are NOT thinking about how those same
shorts hug her butt in just the right way, you are
NOT thinking about how that stretch lifts up her shirt
just enough to see a tantalizing smooth expanse of
midriff, and you are you are DEFINITELY NOT thinking
how that stretch causes her breasts to arc out just
yearning to be touched. And most of all you are not
thinking about how that purr sends tingless into
places probably best left unmentioned*

A few weeks ago she had started to become aware of her
feelings for Buffy, ever since that fiasco with
Angel. She spent one week attempting to deny the
feelings for her best friend. Her desire not to ruin
the friendship she and Buffy shared caused her to
avoid Buffy as much as possible. Suprisingly enough
it was Codelia that brought Willow out of her
withdrawl...

<Flashback>

The knock at the door caused Willow to look up from
the episode of Cheers she had been watching.

"Yeah, who is it?" Willow walked up to the door and
opened it enough to look out.

Behind the door stood Cordelia, with a smile on her
face, "Hey Willow, can I come in? I will only be a
minute."

"Can you come back later Cordelia, I'm sorta busy..."

Willow stopped talking as the door opened wider as
Cordelia forced her way into the howse. Willow
noticed she had lost her smile and now wore a
determined expression that Cordelia normally reserved
for shopping. Inwardly Willow cringed in fear of
things to come.

"Okay Willow, I know we haven't always had the best of
relationships ,but I would like to know why you have
been avoiding us this last week.."

"I haven't been..." Willow tried to say. But Cordelia
just kept on talking.

"Don't give me that, Xander and I havn't seen you more
that 4 times this entire week. And poor Buffy has
been worried sick about you has seen you even less
than that!! Now I don't know what's going on but you
are hurting yourself and the rest of us by not
sharing. So out with it. I'm not leaving here till I
get some answers." So saying Cordelia sat down and
looked quite prepared to camp out if necessary.

"Look Cordelia, their really isn't a problem, I've
just been..." Once again Willow trailed off. She
found she was doing a lot of that lately and each time
she did that it got harder to gather her protests.

Cordelia's expression softend at the troubled look
that twisted Willow's face. Leaning over she placed a
hand on Willow's shoulder.

With this latest expression of comfort and sympathy
the dam holding in Willow's bottled up emotions broke
and words born in misery and longing poured out.

"You really want to know Cordelia? Fine! I'm in love
with Buffy! There you happy, you can leave in disgust
now if you want. Now do you see why I've been
avoiding everybody! I can't have anybody find out
then tell Buffy. She would hate me!" Willow's voice
had been steadily rising with each sentence she was
now shouting loud enough to wake the dead.

Finally, all her emotions seemingly spent she
collapsed on the sofa with her knees drawn up to her
chest and her arms wrapped around her legs and started
sobbing.

Cordelia sat their with a stunned look for a moment,
then wrapped her arm around Willow's shoulders and
broke into gales of laughter.

Willow looked up with tears streaming down her cheeks
and a combination of a puzzled and hurt expression on
her face. "What are you laughing at!?"

"I'm...sorr..sorry...Will..Willow." Cordelia tried to
gasp out between laughs trying to catch her breath.
"Gi..Give me a min.. minute." Cordelia paused took
several deep breaths and then placed another serious
expression on her face.

"Willow, do you honestly think that nobody knows that
you like Buffy."

"WHAT! How could they possibly know!!"

"Willow, anybody who took a second to look at your
guy's face when you look at each other would know. In
fact I would say the only person who doesn't know is
Buffy." So saying Cordelia started laughing again,
though on a lesser scale than she had before.

Willow let out a gasp of relief that at least Buffy
didn't know her secret. Reaching over Willow grabbed
Cordelia's shoulders "Listen to me Cordelia, you gotta
promise not to tell Buffy!"

"Why Willow, don't you think Buffy deserves to know.
She loves you too you stupid hacker. Why don't you
give that a chance."

Willow got a angry expression on her face. "Because I
value the friendship between us too mcuh to risk
loosing it. I will not endanger what we already have
for even the most longed for fantasy that could ruin
our friendship!!"

This time it was Cordelia's turn to be angry. "Oh
really? Well what do you think you have been doing
for the past week. Do you think avoiding Buffy has
been improving your relationship? She has been
hurting so much. Giles went with her on her last
patrol and he says she nearly got killed buy a vampire
out of it's grave for the first time! It's your
choice whether you tell her your feelings or not, but
you have to at least talk to her.

Horror suffused Willow's face. "Almost died?" she
whispered, quietly enough Cordelia wasn't even sure
if she had heard it.

<End Flashback>

That night she had decided that while Buffy could
never know how she truly felt she was going to spend
as much time around Buffy as possible. Her goal was
to strengthen their friendship so much that it
wouldn't matter to her if Buffy didn't love her that
way that Willow did. She had also decide to deny any
sexual feelings she felt for the slayer.

Putting theory to practice ,however, was proving to be
far more difficult than she had originally planned.
Especially with Buffy stretching like that.

Buffy's hand being waved in front her face finally
snapped Willow out of her daze. "Earth to Willow,
come in space cadet."

Willow shook her head to gain her senses then forced
on an indignant look. "Who you calling space cadet,
ooh your're going to pay for that"

Willow leaped at the other girl and proceded to tickle
her sides.

"Oh.. Oh.. Damn Willow sto.. stop, can't breath.
Ahh!" The last came out as pained curse. Immediatly
Willow stopped and looked at Buffy's side with a
concerned expression. Shock consumed her as she
realized her hand and Buffy's side had blood on it.

"Buffy you're bleeding!"

"Don't worry Will, it's just a scratch." Buffy said,
trying to hide the pain the wound was causing her.

"Just a scratch huh, then why do you look about ready
to fall down? Sit! No arguments!"

With a smile at Willow's suddenly domineering attitude
Buffy sat on the ground and waited for her friend.
"Okay doctor, I'm ready."

Willow reached into her backpack and pulled out a vial
with a cork in it. Taking the cork out Willow handed
Buffy the the vial. "Here drink all this, I'm going
to try something."

"What are you planning Willow? Oh man, this stuff
smells

--
Willow: It's horrible! That's me as a vampire? I'm
so evil and... skanky. (aside to

Visit me! http://go.to/KimsCorner

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/buffyloveswillow