FIC; New Feelings

K, I just started this. It's a first, small bit and the fic will probably grow. This is set in the first season, and told from Buffy's POV. Eventually Willow's POV will come in. Let me know what you think.

NEW FEELINGS

I've been here in this little; nowhere town called Sunnydale, for a few days. Or as one of my new friends calls it, "the one Starbucks town." Already I've had to risk my neck to prevent a powerful vamp from rising and sucking on the world. Guess the slaying thing won't ever leave me alone.

What really shocks me, is that I've got two friends now. Two friends who know what I have to do, have experienced the life and death ritual that is my life, and are sticking around. You don't know how much better that makes me feel. And I think it'll be one of those lasting friendships. I've read about them, just never had any before.

I'll let you in on something. See, the two people, their names are Xander and Willow. Xander's a funny, nice, guy, but Willow.

I was with this girl, Cordelia, walking through the halls, and we stopped at a water fountain on my first day. There was this girl standing there, getting a drink. A redhead wearing a pretty concealing, conservative, dress. I didn't know a thing about her, but just looking at her, I figured her out.

She was self-conscious, sheltered, wasn't much of a risk taker. I could tell she was the shy and intelligent type, and the way Cordelia was ragging on her, I just wanted to knock Miss Popular out. Willow had a lot going for her, but she wasn't sure of herself. All I could think was she's really, really.cute.

And all I just wanted to do was show her. My problems didn't amount to anything when I saw the look on her face as she hurriedly walked away from us.

When we talked in the Bronze, the local club, I was a little freaked and sad that my deduction was dead on. We've talked a little more since then, and she seems to be opening up, or something that means gaining confidence or whatever.

And you know what? Just sitting there and listening to her talk is becoming one of my, actually only, favorite thing to do. It's nice, and strange, and I want to question why I enjoy it, but another part of me says forget it.

I'm doing that now. Sitting in the Bronze just listening and staring.God I'm staring! Look, I know I'm a girl, and I barely know her, but I think.I think.I'm falling in love with her. That doesn't really bother me as much as it should.

Weird huh? Most kids in the school have already labeled me a freak, so no worries there, and it's a new town and new life. Bye, bye old "Cordelia-esque Buffy", in with the new. So whatever I feel.I'm just gonna go with it.

"When I held that gun, I felt an incredible surge of power. Like God must feel when he's holding a gun.." (Homer J. Simpson)

"You've been fighting evil here for three years, and I've helped some, and now we're supposed to decide what we want to do with our lives. And I just realized that that's what I want to do. Fight evil, help people. I mean, I think it's worth doing. And I don't think you do it because you have to. It's a good fight, Buffy, and I want in."

"I kind of love you."
(Willow Rosenberg, Buffy Summers, BTVS)

"Don't.."
"What? Don't love you? I didn't know I got a choice in that."
(Angel, Buffy Summers, BTVS)