FF All Dragged Out

All Dragged Out
by badbard
(tiger_by_night@xxxxxxxxx)

Watcher's Guide One
in the She Slays Me series

Warning/Disclaimer:- Buffy and backstory belong to
Joss Whedon and his affiliates. I'm much too lazy to
type who that is in full. *G*

This is entertainmental and written in response to the
BuffylovesWillow/wantsWillow lists' theme of the week,
'Coming Out.'

As you can see, I've decided to make it the first
story in a series of stories (Yea Continuity! Now
Buff and Will can actually do more than just come out
of the damn closet *EG*) That is, most of the fanfic
I write for 'themeoftheweek' will now be in this
delightful serial format.

This takes place during third season - kinda
interspersed with Bad Girls, like maybe it happened
the same fun-filled day. *ROTF* Or maybe not. Point
is it happened in my head.

Warning, warning, two grrls in love and one grrl in
lust and closets which spring open randomly to whack
you in the head.

***

"It's all in the timing," muttered Faith while
knocking the proverbial stuffing out of the training
dummy.

"It's all in the positioning," instructed Giles,
handing her a sharpened stake which she promptly drove
into the dummy's proverbial heart.

"It's all in the waiting," explained Buffy, striding
into the library while Xander held the door for her
with a goofy grin. "The longer you hold out on Cordy,
the more she'll want in on the cleaning closet
action."

Willow looked up from her laptop. "I think I know
where the stinky black sludge with knashing teeth
comes from!"

"Oh come off it," huffed Faith, delivering a sharp
kick to the dummy's proverbial glass jaw. "Like we
really need you to look up the stark raving obvious
for us. We're livin' on a hellmouth here. The sludge
comes from hell. Cordelia Chase comes from hell.
Angelus holidays there." Lifting her knee in the
prepatory motions for a wheeling sidekick, Faith found
herself shoved off-balance and onto her butt by a
fuming Buffy.

"Don't speak to Will like that," demanded the original
Slayer.

"Or what?" husked Faith, trying to catch her breath as
she caught a glimpse up Buffy's mini-skirt. "Don't
think you can beat up on me, B."

"Why the hell not," growled Buffy, hauling Faith up by
her casually proffered hand. "I've been slaying alot
longer than you, 'F'."

"My point exactly," grinned the dark one, slinking
forward to brush her stake across Buffy's shoulder
blade. "Out with the old, in with the new and
improved."

"Who might that be?" Buffy queried, clenching her
fists and struggling with her temper. Faith always
dragged out this side of her. Frustration. Blind
fury. Equally furious passion. When Willow stepped
up to place a calming hand on Buffy's hunched shoulder
the blonde whirled on her, having to vent or else
explode into dust and gross body parts.

"What?!" she practically yelled, lifting her hands to
shove Willow away from her and what she was feeling.
Willow grabbed at the air and caught them. Looking
amazed that she had actually achieved her intention,
the hacker offered Buffy a shy smile. Buffy melted.
One moment she was a volcano, the next, her lava was
leaking.

"What?" snarled Faith under her breath, examining the
sappy smile lighting Buffy's blue eyes. Lighting
Buffy's eyes as she gazed into Willow's soft green
ones. Hot and sweaty from training and exhausted from
her encounter with Buffy, pent up emotions leapt out
from the dark closet of her soul and rained down
around her like so much Dust Of Vampire.

Her heart hurt. It had been a long while since Faith
had been able to feel her heart at all. Buffy was
smiling up at Willow and a chance was dying. A
possibility would never be realised. Faith already
knew she was alone in her life but now she knew, knew
with gut-wrenching dread, she was going to stay that
way. She was going to die that way. Die young like a
good Slayer should. No! NO! She wasn't gonna be a
good Slayer. Everybody thought she was a bad grrl and
it was entirely too much effort to prove them wrong.
Why justify Buffy's Faith? She could only justify
love.

Meanwhile Buffy looked up at her best friend as Willow
blushed and studied her mismatched socks. The Slayer
blinked. Blinked again. Floundered for some way to
say...

"I'm not gonna stoop to kiss your ass." Faith's eyes
were the night sky. "So don't beg me, B. This isn't
a 'feel good about Buffy's failure and subsequent
death,' fest."

"Oooh, 'subsequent,'" Xander cooed appreciatively,
trying to dissipiate newly rising tension. "Faith
used a big word! I win the bet!"

Faith winked at Willow who was looking a little pale.
"I'm the new, improved Slayer. I was called 'cause
Buffy's a failure, big time. It may not seem like
much, but leastways I can kill vamps dead. I don't
have angsty issues. I don't go to coffin with 'em."

"Not what I heard," giggled Xander before stuffing his
fist into his mouth.

Faith grimaced than managed a lewd grin, still for
Willow's shocked benefit. "I'm not into making
corpses rise, again and again and again."

"Shut up," hissed Buffy, striding around her frozen
friend to swing haphazardly at Faith. The dark slayer
ducked with ease.

"Second best," she taunted.

"Stop this!" demanded Giles, springing into ungainly
action and out of the stupor brought on by witnessing
the way Willow had soothed his Slayer. "You are
sisters in arms..."

"No we're not," husked Faith. "I wouldn't fuck my
sister."

"You have a sister?" asked Xander. Silence. He
shrugged. "Stupid question. My specialty."

Once again, Willow stepped up to Buffy's side. She
was frowning, hard. "Just 'cause you're hurting,
Faith," she said tentatively, "you don't have to hurt
everyone else."

Faith cursed. "Grow up, little girl and I'll put your
name on my 'to do' list. Just 'cause you're too
uptight to jump your girlfriend, doesn't mean you have
to hump a wolf to prove you're not gay. How fucked up
is that?"

"Wha..?" gasped Willow.

"Damn you, Faith," whispered Buffy, covering her eyes.
"Damn you."

"Willow's not gay!" proclaimed Xander much too loudly.
"She wants me and despite what they say on the footy
field, I am NOT a wussy girl."

"You know?" wimpered Willow. Xander's smirk fell off.
"You knew and you never...oh God."

"I don't think God's with us in happy lil' Sunnyhell,"
Faith noted smugly. "The Mayor probably comes closest
to calling the shots and calling up the demons..." Her
brow wrinkled with thought.

"Will," began Buffy brokenly. "Will, don't listen to
what she says. I don't...you don't...you're not..."
To her chagrin Willow burst into wild tears at her
attempts to comfort.

"And...and...w...wh...what if I am?" the hacker
finally burst out. "What then, Buffy?"

"I..." Buffy sounded shocked and looked it too. "Are
you...I mean, I know you're not...are you?"

In answer, Willow ran for the door and slammed it
behind her. Buffy shook. Xander put his head down on
his hands. Giles put his hands into his pockets and
swallowed a lump of scone in his throat.

Faith smiled a bitter smile. "I know I feel better.
Don't think I learned my lesson though, G-man. 'Till
next time, B. I already made sure you'll be comin'
alone." Springing out the window, she jogged off into
the sunset. Ex-people to see then ex-people to kill.
Uncontrollable feelings to slay.

Buffy looked to Xander. He shrugged back. "There's
room in that oh so crowded closet now that she's out.
I've gotta go find Cordy..."

THE END

TBC in Watcher's Guide Two of 'She Slays Me'

=====
Get an eyeful inside Gabby's BGSB!
http://members.xoom.com/badbard/

FanFiction Addiction? Satisfy your cravings
http://members.xoom.com/badbard/fanfiction.html

Join my update list. Mail bgsb-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx