The Amazingly True Adventures 2/???

Title: The Amazingly True Adventures of Two Girls and
a baby.

just let me know so I can visit.

Rating: PG-13 for now but subject to change

Disclaimer: Buffy and all of her people belong to Joss
Whedon and all of his people; I don't want to steal
them I just want to play with them for a while.

Spoiler: Everything up Hush

help out a friend and get much more than they bargain
for.

Feedback,: please, it's better that ice cream, and
makes me write faster. This my first Will/Buffy so
that just makes me extra nervous :(

Thanks & Dedication: Once again I want to give a huge
thanks to my wonderful spectacular BETA readers. I
dedicate this to you. YOU GUYS ROCK.!!!!!! To the list
Moms and Dads for giving us a home, To the wonderful &
brave authors that share there stories with us, and
lastly to you all, gentle reader's, you are who we are
writing this stuff for.

Hanky Disclaimer: This is gonna be a little angsty for
a few, but if you stick with me I promise you warm
fuzzies and other happy stuff.

Done Now… On with the show.

Chapter Two

Hospital Hell

Willow practically ran down the white linoleum hall of
Sunnydale Hospital, her boot heels clacking rapidly
behind her like a Clydesdale on speed. Buffy followed
one step behind her wordlessly, her face a mask of
worry and dread. Buffy watched her best friend talk
to the charge nurse, thoughts running rampant through
her brain.

"Oh God, what if it was vamp's? I should've been
there. I should've protected her. Hell I never
should've let her join us in the first place." Buffy
thought, mentally whipping herself. While they weren't
as close as Willow and Tara, she was a friend. Tara
had pulled both her and Willow out of trouble a time
or two over the past few years.

"Buffy," Willow called softly, tugging on her arm.
"You OK?"

Buffy nodded wordlessly, and gave her friend a tight
smile.

"It wasn't vampires Buffy." Willow said quickly, as if
reading her friend's mind. "She was in a car accident,
a pretty bad one." Willow gasped for air, as hot salty
tears ran down her cheeks. She grabbed onto Buffy like
a man drowning, and began to cry. After a few minutes
her body stopped shaking, and the tears subsided.
Buffy rubbed Willow back softly as she held her,
trying to comfort her any way she could.

"It doesn't look good Buffy. She's bleeding
internally, but wouldn't let them operate on her until
she talked to us first, she asked for both you and
me.." Willow said softly, he voice raw with grief and
tears.

"We better get in there. Ya gonna be OK Will?"

Willow shook her head pitifully. "No. I don't want to
lose another friend. But..." she said resolve face on,
"I'm going to pretend to be, for Tara's sake."

Willow pulled Buffy into a brief hug. "I'm glad you're
here Buffy, don't know what I'd do without you." She
whispered into Buffy's blond hair.

Willow took a deep breath and walked toward Tara's
room. Buffy followed her and laced her fingers through
her best friend's.

Buffy and Willow were no strangers to hospitals and
the injuries that brought them there, but they were
not prepared for the sight of their once lively and
vivacious friend.

When Willow first met Tara, she was shy and somewhat
awkward, much like Willow herself had been three years
earlier, but once she got to know Tara, she discovered
that the blond witch was fun, intelligent and had a
great, but quirky sense of humor.

Four years of college had been a time of change for
all three women, but for Tara, the changes were the
most drastic. The shy reserved girl had never really
had friends before, but under the love and acceptance
of Willow, and then Buffy, Giles, Xander and even
Spike, Tara blossomed. Tara became a cheerful and
welcome addition to the Scooby Gang.

She dated different people over the years, no one
really seriously, then a little over a year ago, Tara
informed the gang that she was pregnant. Buffy and
Willow were the only ones who knew the identity of the
father. Not even the father knew, and that was the
way Tara wanted it. Seven months later Talia Willow
O'Niel was born into the world. She had big blue eyes
and a shock of auburn hair.

Tara was the picture of the happy mom. She had a
beautiful daughter, parents that loved her and adored
their new granddaughter, as well as the love and
support of her friends and extended family, the Scooby
Gang. That happiness was shattered three months
later, when she learned that her parents had been
killed in a car accident. Now, in a horrible twist of
irony, it looked like another car accident was about
to affect her life.

Tara lay still and virtually lifeless on the hospital
bed. She was pale, bruised and had tubes coming out
of every possible body part. She looked like a broken
doll someone had propped up on a bed that was too big
for it.

Tara smiled softly, as she saw her two friends walk
into the room.

"I'm glad you made it in time." She rasped softly.

"Tara don't..."

"Willow please, I don't have much time, and I need to
talk to you while I can."

Willow nodded, and reached for her hand, Buffy placed
one comforting hand on the small of Willow's back, and
the other on Tara's leg.

"Remember what we talked about last month?"

Willow and Buffy nodded, dread filling them both.

"I need you to take care if Talia for me. You two will
be good for her, you'll be good parents."

Willow's resolve broke and tears began to fall.

"Tara, this is not gonna happen. We'll take care of
Talia until you get better, but you're gonna get
better. You're not gonna die on me! You hear that.
This is not some cheesy "lifetime" network movie where
the heroine dies tragically and leaves her five month
old daughter with her college friends!" Willow yelled
as she let out a strangled sob.

Tara smiled gently and kissed Willow's hand.

"Ironic huh? I know you'll take care of her. She's
with Xander today. I guess it's a good thing that I
left her there, huh? Let me say what I have to say
Wills, and then I'll let them operate. OK?"

Willow nodded, and grasped her hands a little tighter.

"The nurse has my keys, I told her to give them to
you. On it is a key for a safety deposit box,
Sunnydale Mutual number 212. The paperwork for Talia,
and some other stuff is in there. This is all related,
Mom and Dad, me. I don't think it was an accident.
Protect my daughter." Tara's face contorted in pain
and her breath caught in her throat.

"Tara, I'm gonna go get the doctor now. We'll take
care of Talia until you get better." Willow rasped,
squeezing her friends.

"And if I…. You'll take good care of her, right? Tell
her that I love her." Tara whispered, fighting back
the tears that threatened to fall.

"We'll take good, care of her Tara. Whatever else
happens, We'll love her and keep her safe, I promise.
Just concentrate on getting better ok?" Willow said
shakily, then kissed her friend on the forehead and
walked out of the room.

"What do you mean it's not an accident? I don't
understand." Buffy asked, after Willow had left the
room

"It's all in the deposit box. Tired now, wanna sleep.
She loves you, ya know." Tara whispered wearily. "Take
care of them both."

Willow rushed back into the room, trailed by doctors
and nurses.

"Tara, they're going to operate now, you'll be fine. I
know you will. We're going to go pick up Talia, and
we'll be right back."

Willow leaned over and hugged the frail blond.

"Love you." Tara rasped.

"Love you too." Willow whispered, kissing her friend
gently. Willow walked to the end of the bed, allowing
Buffy access.

Buffy leaned over and kissed Tara on the forehead.

"I love you, you're a good friend." She said softly.
"I'll take good care of both of them, I promise."

Buffy stepped next to Willow, and gently led her out
of the room, to allow the doctors and nurses to do
their jobs.

Willow took one last look at her friend, and then
collapsed into one of the chairs in the waiting room,
memories of her friend flooding her mind.

Willow remembered the exhilaration that she felt when
they joined powers for the first time to move the
vending machine, and how great it felt to be told that
she was special. Tara was always saying things like
that to Willow, leaving her little notes, and
occasionally flowers. It took Willow two months to
realize that Tara was "courting" her, much the same
way Riley pursued Buffy.

Willow unconsciously brought her fingers to her lips,
as she remembered the first time that she realized
that Tara liked her.

Tara and Willow were in San Francisco visiting Tara's
folks. They had just completed their first spell
together, and both were flying high on the rush of
accomplishment. To celebrate the occasion, Tara took
Willow to the wharf. They were sitting on a bench by
the water, as a gentle ocean breeze danced around
them. Tara had reached out to pull a strand of hair
out of Willow's face, then impulsively leaned over and
kissed her gently on the lips. A few moments later,
Willow pulled away blushing and stammering. The rest
of the visit was strained and uncomfortable. Once
they returned to Sunnydale, Willow began to distance
herself from Tara, confused by what happened and the
things that she felt.

Tara gave Willow her space, but still made sure that
she knew that they were still friends. Willow began
to see the school counselor, and eventually came to
the realization that she had feelings for Tara, and
that it was OK.

After that epiphany, they began to spend more time
together. Tara moved slowly, but once again she began
to give Willow little treats and flowers. Tara made
her feel special, and the attention, and sweet
attentiveness went a long way in healing the hurt that
was caused by Oz's betrayal and disappearance.

Willow felt her chest constrict painfully, as she was
brought back to reality.

"You feel it, don't you?" Willow asked her voice
muffled by tears.

Buffy nodded, and embraced the redhead.

"She's dying isn't she?"

Buffy nodded again. Opening the floodgate of emotions
they both gave into their grief and began to sob,
holding onto each other tightly. They stayed that way
for a long time.

Eventually the tears subsided, even though the pain
didn't. The two women pulled themselves together, and
after a brief discussion with the nurse, the Slayer
and the Witch walked out of the hospital and went to
go pick up their new daughter.

Tbc…….

=====
What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

Frostbite.