FIC: Royalty: William Blood (1/1)

hello all...

Now it's time for Spike and don't worry I sneak in some B/W at the beginning and then again at the end, so it's "offiaclly" a B/W tale.

1. Spike
2. Buffy and Willow have bad mental images of Spike
3. Spike goes to Transylvania

Royalty: William Blood

Cilia
"I wonder what Spike's doing?" Buffy wondered as she kissed Willow good morning and sat down at the breakfast table they'd set up on the balconies.
"Uhm! Dancing around the mansion in his red silk boxers while wearing a white tailcoat and singing along with a Bat out of Hell." Willow suggested with a grin as she sipped her tea.
"Bad mental image, bed." Buffy grinned as she bit into her toast.
"Any luck on the disk?" She then asked.
"None!" Willow exclaimed holding the object in question up to the sun.
"Well we better go meet this friend of Spike's then." Buffy exclaimed.

Spike danced through the house. No more brooding Slayer, the Slayer was in Rome. He thought as he slit down the stair rail. Probably cuddling up with Red. Now there is a thought. He grinned as he waltzed into the kitchen.
"You're looking extremely pleased William." June commented as he opened the fridge. Spike wasn't the normal Prince of the city, he often ate in the kitchen and went more then often personally to solve problems. Much like Daniel had done it. Still Daniel hadn't asked for his seat back and Spike didn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
"Why shouldn't I be. The Slayer is gone to Rome and the dark cloud that's been hanging over the mansion along with her." He commented as he took out what appeared to be a bottle of wine.
"Hope she's happy." June said and handed Spike a glass when he looked likely to drink the blood straight from the bottle.

Spike sat at the conference table. In the last year he'd found himself missing the good old times when he'd been a Master vampire. Here everything was politics not that he was bad at politics, but it was just so much easier beating people into submission. The plus was noone had tried to kill him. Daniel had slipped into the roll of advisor soon after he'd returned from hospital and Luna had become his most trusted ally on the council, among other things. Still like it had been for the Slayer the last year had been somewhat dull. Granted he enjoyed his time with Luna, but his restless nature was stirring once again.

From the Memoirs of William Blood

I remember the first year after I became prince. It was a quiet but lonesome time for me and my friends. Willow was in Europe, Elisabeth was immersed in her studies and me, well I was to busy trying not to screw up at being prince. Until Luna forced me to relax. Luna, my first wife and in a way the first woman I truly loved. But that is the past.
I remember her each year, but I moved on just like she asked me to do. I will though for histories sake and for my daughter's children write the tale of how she and I came to be one.
It was of course Elisabeth, who at the time I referred to merely as the Slayer who tricked me into it. One of the sweetest tricks ever played on me I might add and I paid that debt in full less then a year later when I sent her to her love. She had been acting like an Angel and she needed a project, or in words of friend long since past. Since she's not getting any, you have to. So for a time she lived her dreams of romance through me.
So It was much to Elisabeth's frustration how long a time I took. Being a man of my age I of course courted the lady. Took my time, flowers, notes, long walks the whole ball of wax. That of course paid of in the end, planning is always good I know that now and I whish I had know it then.
Then after months of doing it my way, Elisabeth stepped in, this time offering words of wisdom to Luna. Needless to say she took them to heart. I was hurting for a week afterwards. Why was I hurting you might ask? Well. ask your parents.

"Maybe I should go after them." He thought out loud as he absentmindedly stroked Luna's hair that night.
"You know to keep them out of trouble." He added.
"Hiding in shadows and doing cloak and dagger routine." Luna said with a smile.
"Something like that." He said and kissed the top of her head.

Three days later he stood outside the Daniel's jet. He'd nominated Luna as regent princess two days earlier and then told the council that he would be traveling to the Old World to make allies. Which he planned on doing, but also keeping tabs on Buffy and Willow.
"You sure you want me to go luv?" He Asked as he hugged her close.
"They're your family." She answered.
"I'll be back before you know it."
"It's not like we're going to be out of touch." She said and padded the palmtop in his pocked.
"Forgot about that." He said with a loop-side grin and kissed her.

He sat down inside the plane, every window was covered. Now they left for Transylvania two days ago. That's in Rumania now isn't it. He thought to himself. Went by train, interesting. He thought. Now I arrive before they do, so you should have enough time to meet woth the local leaders and catch some moon. The palmtop beeped at him.
"What already?" He wondered, pulled it out and read the e-mail.

From: Unknown
To: Spike

Spike I know your heading to Europe so I'm sending you this to warn you. Watch your back. There is storm coming buddy and you better have your umbrella ready, better yet make that a umbrella with a hidden sword.

Xander, but he doesn't. Well nobody has heard from him in since the brake. Spike leaned back in thought. Just when I thought I could relax.

He stepped out of the jet into the crisp night, looking first left then right and sniffing the air lightly.
Ah! Good old Transylvania. Wonder what Vlad's up to. He thought to himself. No wait he's dead.
"Prince Blood welcome to Transylvania." The driver said as held the car door for him.
"The Count is looking forward to meeting you." He commented has they drove through the town.
"Should I be glad or sad." Spike asked.
"Extremely glad, your reputation precedes you. It's not often a demon rises to lead the undying. Legendary even"
Great I'm a legend. Spike thought. Nothing new, but it's the first time it's a legend in a good way.

"Prince Blood it's a pleasure." The Count said as he shook Spike's hand. Spike held back a smile. The man was just so, so Dracula, Black hair with graying temples and very sharp features, topped with cape, he was the was every bit the stereotype of a vampire, although he assured Spike that the cape was just for special occasions. Then Spike sat and steeled himself for more politics.

In a train traveling across Italy, two figures cuddled together, content smiles of joy playing on their lips