Joss on the bronze on Willow/Tara and Faith **spoilers**

Recieved from Karen Topinka and Rayne:

Rayne wrote:
Joss was on the posting board today
(http://board.buffy.com/bronze/postingboard.shtml)
There are some spoilers, but nothing major (and Joss
is always careful not to give away too much)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*snip*

joss says:
(Sat Jan 29 16:20:00 2000 205.188.192.163)
Well, you guys probably have all sorts of
questions. As is my tradition, I like answer a few
right away to save time. So:
1. With riley, but not til season five.
2. Long passages from "Hedda Gabler", translated
into Urdu.
3. Tony, by far.
4. Because the WB just wouldn't let us show
something like that even if it is a valid alternative
lifestyle choice.
5. Yes, i made up the whole walrus thing by
myself. (I've still GOT IT!)
6. I honestly don't know.
7. All out war. And it's gonna be fun.
*snip*

joss says:
(Sat Jan 29 16:37:03 2000 205.188.192.163)
Well, we meant it to be SUBTEXT, but you guys
have obviously worked it out. Yes, Willow is becoming
a Monkey-owner. I just hope we don't get a lot of
protest from Christian Right Groups over this.

Marginally more seriously, Willow and Tara's
relationship is definitely romantic. Thorny subject;
the writers and I have had long topics about
how to deal with the subject responibly, without
writing a story that sounds like people spent a long
time discussing how to deal with it responsibly. To me
it feels just right. ALL the relationships on the
show are sort of romantic (Hence the B Y O Subtext
principle) and this feels like the natural next step
for her. I can only promise you two things for sure:
We're not going to do an ALLY or PARTY OF5 in which
we promote the hell out of a same sex relationship for
exploitation value that we take back by the end of
the ep, and we will never have a very special Buffy
where
someone gets on a soapbox and... oh, I nodded off for
a moment there. I just know there's a sweet story
there, that would become very complicated if Oz were
to show up again. Which he will.

*snip*

The stuff in the dream in graduation day does have
meaning. All will be revealed.

*snip*

joss says:
(Sat Jan 29 17:11:10 2000 205.188.192.163)
I seldom drink, but the answer would be Jack
Daniels.

Slave, bingo. But there is also another reason, which
will be explained.

(This was in response to this statement from someone
named Slave2Faith: "I have to say that Willow's lying
about Tara is classic behavior. I'm not answering for
you, Joss, just presenting my own viewpoint :) The
thing is, perhaps Willow already has a twinge of
feeling for Tara, and it scares her. Why, then, would
she tell Buffy about Tara? Buffy might get suspicious,
start asking questions...and perhaps it's not
something Willow feels comfortable sharing. I
certainly never felt right telling people about my
girlfriend... it's not easily brought up in a
conversation,,,"

*snip*

As will Faith. I'm shooting an ep with the
irrepressable Eliza now and it's great fun. She's
gonna shake things up.

----end excerpts from Joss.

=====