FINAL PART: Becoming One(Part 15)

Hey.

The sweat and toil has been worth it. It's over. Fini. Below is the final part. The song is Dave Matthews' "Two Step". Enjoy.

BATTLING HELL - PT. 2

Instead of taking the same route as they did coming down, Buffy and Willow went to the first manhole they saw. They needed to get to the surface quickly, and Angelus and the First Evil wouldn't be that far behind them. Willow moved to climb up the ladder, but Buffy put her hand on her shoulder.

"Wait." She said as Willow turned around.

She initiated the kiss, and Willow quickly followed, reciprocating it. It conveyed everything they felt. For each other, their fears, their love, all of it. But it was all multiplied a thousand times over. And mostly, feelings for the future were conveyed in the connection of their lips.

"I love you, Willow." Buffy said when they broke apart.

"I love you too, Buffy."

With those words, they began the climb. Mentally, they told each other one thing.

'Don't die on me.'

***

They reached the surface, and found themselves directly beside the Hellmouth, and nowhere near their friends or the weapon supply. They also realized that they were standing a few feet behind the Master.

Buffy nodded to Willow, and the redhead started to make a run for their friends. This got the Master's attention, but Buffy distracted him.

"Hey!" She yelled.

He turned around. "How I've waited for this moment."

"You're supposed to be dead."

"And as I recall, so are you."

"Let's go."

Out of the large entrance to Hell, rose the three-headed, long necked, gigantic monster Buffy knew all too well. It had reared its ugly heads three years before, bursting into the library during the Master's last attempt at world destruction. Now, he looked up at it, and spoke.

"I beheld, and lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black, and the moon became as blood; and the stars of Heaven fell unto the Earth.

"For the great day of his wrath has come," He looked at Buffy, "and who shall be able to stand?"

"Where'd you learn that?"

"Your Bible."

"And that's why I don't go to church."

She charged him.

***

Willow ran as fast as she could across the street. She saw her friends huddled together, and was relieved to see Giles and Wesley there too. When they saw her, they all got up.

"You're all right." Giles said.

"Well, I'm breathing still. I don't know if I'm all right."

"Where's Buffy?" Xander asked.

"Back there. Which is why I need -" Oz tossed her the bag of supplies. "Thanks."

Wesley stepped to her. "Thank you, for coming -"

"We like to keep our friends alive. It's what we do." She smiled at him. "It's probably a good idea for you guys to go now."

"Are you -" Cordelia started.

"Go."

They looked at her face, and decided further argument would be a bad idea. They all ran towards the Bronze.

'I'm coming, Buffy. Hang on.'

"Sorceress!" The First Evil's voice boomed. Willow looked around, but wherever it was, it was hiding in the night. "Do you care for them?"

Now she was angry, and she punctuated her words clearly. "Don't. Go. Near. Them."

"Come. We have a battle to finish."

Willow hesitated, and looked back towards the Hellmouth.

'Go, Will. I'll be all right.'

'I'll be back.'

'I know.'

She took a deep breath, and started to run after her friends.

***

Inside the Bronze, the two Englishmen and the three slayerettes, had gathered up anyone they happened to come across and herded them inside the building with them. Then they got what they could, which was basically everything not nailed down, and barricaded the doors.

"Now what?" Xander asked.

"We wait for them to come get us." Cordelia said, and then realized how it sounded. "I meant Buffy and Willow, not."

Giles smiled at her and nodded in understanding. "They will. And they'll be fine. They're more than prepared."

"And I sense a 'but' because." Xander trailed off, expectantly.

"Anything can happen. But as Mr. Giles' said, they are more than -" Wesley started.

"Prepared. Yeah, we got it." Cordelia finished for him. She had been in the club just a little over five minutes, and she was already on edge.

"What's going on?" One of people they brought in with them, asked.

Apparently she wasn't the only one on edge. The kid looked young. Probably just out of junior high. If the high school were still standing, he'd most likely be starting his freshman year.

"You just move here?" Cordelia asked him.

"From Sacramento. What's it to you?"

"Like it?"

"No. This place is a hellhole."

They all looked at the kid, and then Xander finally spoke.

"You're not wrong."

It was quiet for awhile after that. Nobody could think of much else to say. What could they say? Outside these walls a battle was beginning, and two of their friends were fighting for the world. And their lives. The Bronze was usually an escape. Not today.

Now, the anxiety level was rising. Worry was increasing. Emotions were festering. There was no music to help them forget, and the club was practically empty, so that meant they couldn't hide among the masses. It was dead.

Eventually, Oz broke the silence when he felt a chill course through his body.

"Oz?" Giles asked, noticing his slight shake.

"Anyone else feel cold?"

"Well now that you mention it -"

Oz cut him off. He was sure there was something here. "Someone hit the lights."

Xander was a little confused, but he got up off the couch he was sharing with Cordelia, and ran back to the main power box. He flipped the switch, and along with lamps they had already turned on, the main lights came on, illuminating the entire building.

They all finally saw what Oz had felt. The First Evil was hovering over them, its red eyes piercing.

"Quick, werewolf. Very quick. You didn't think you would be safe, did you?" It said, looking at Wesley. "We have unfinished business. The Sorceress will be here any second."

***

The Master stopped her charge effortlessly by grabbing her by the front of her shirt when she was close enough to his reach. He held her up in the air, and then threw her behind him; Buffy landed on her feet, and turned to face him once again.

"Nice try, but it'll take more than." She trailed off when she saw that her shirt was stretched out. "Look what you did! It's impossible to un-stretch a shirt! And it was a gift."

She moved to punch his face, but he brought his arm up to block her. She grabbed his arm with her free arm, and twisted it behind his back. She stood behind him now, a firm grip on his arm. He brought his head back into her face, and she got stunned a little.

"It is pointless. I'll just continue to return."

"Oh I don't know. There's plenty of ways to kill you. One of them's bound to work."

She got a stake out from her sleeve, and slid underneath the Master's legs. She gripped both his legs, and made him lose his balance. He fell on his back, and she rolled on top of him. Wasting no time, she brought the stake down into his heart, and dusted him.

Pleased with herself, she stood up. Then the Master's ashes were gathered up into the air, and he started to "rebuild." The ashes turned to bones, the bones gathered flesh, and all Buffy could do was stare as he was brought back to life.

"Hell has entered this world. With its influence, I will always come back to this plane, this form."

"Best two out of three?" She asked.

Then she felt a hand grab her neck, and she was thrown backwards.

"He's got an army to run. Let's finish it." Angelus said, a gleam in his eyes.

She flipped up into her fighting stance, and beckoned him. "Ready when you are."

As they started fight, she wondered how much longer she could keep going.

'Where are you, Willow?'

***

'I'm still here. I'll be there soon. Promise.'

Willow was met with more resistance than she expected on her way to the Bronze. Demon after demon. They weren't very difficult for her, but they just kept coming. Like they were following her.

Right now, she was trying to avoid being flayed. A winged demon was currently spraying a wave of flame in her direction. The only thing she could think was that Hell wasn't big on originality. She had managed to block its attacks so far, but she couldn't get on the offensive.

"I don't have time for this." She said to herself.

She rolled out of the way of a blast, and realized she'd have to make a run for it. The Bronze was straight ahead. So, she ran. And to give herself less space to cover, she propelled herself into the air, and towards the Bronze's front door, just missing the demon's dive for her hair with its clawed feet.

Trying the handle for the door, she found it jammed.

***

Giles tackled Wesley down and out of view of the First Evil. Xander and Oz rushed over and pulled the two men up.

"The stage! We can get out the back!" Oz yelled.

Cordelia was trying to get the others to follow them, and for the most part they did. Except one. The one from Sacramento stood frozen in place.

"Come on!" She screamed at him.

But he didn't move, and the First Evil took advantage of that. In the next second, the kid was ash on the floor. They all kind of drew in a breath as they made it to the stage. As they moved to go behind it and out the back door, the First Evil was in front of them.

"Valiant effort. Truly."

Wesley stood in front of the group. "It's me you want."

It laughed, echoing through the club. "A worthless self-sacrifice."

Before it could do anything, the chairs and other furniture barricading the front door were flung out of the way, and the door flew open. Almost like she was gliding on air, Willow came into the room, her expression angry.

"I told you not to go near them." Light flew from her palms, and the First Evil was not prepared. The light sliced through it, and it's foggy composition shattered. "I know you're still here. I don't have time to -"

"But I have all the time I need." Its red eyes appeared once more, attacking Willow with a stream of its dark energy. Just as before, Willow dropped to her knees deflecting his attack. "You're out of options, Sorceress."

"If you draw energy from her, you risk her life."

"All my life people have been sticking labels on me. Geek, Nerd, Hacker, Research Girl, and now I'm by some weird twist of fate I'm a pretty strong witch. And if you're going to label me, get it right."

Willow's eyes started to glow, a blue energy field appearing around her small frame. She began to push back the First Evil's attack, and overpower him.

"It's the Great Sorceress."

Her blew stream continued to fight, and the blue energy surrounded the fog-like form of the First Evil. In a blinding light, and horrific scream, it vanished. Just as everyone was starting to get up, the winged demon flew in, and Willow directed her head towards it.

It stopped dead in its tracks, and then exploded. Willow got up, and her friends walked towards her.

"Is it over?" Cordelia asked.

"You should be safe here now until it's over. This is protected."

"Where are you going?" Oz asked.

"To help Buffy."

She left immediately.

"I've never seen anything so." Giles trailed off.

"She kicked ass." Xander said.

***

Angelus had steered Buffy closer to the Hellmouth and he was quickly wearing her down. Her scuffle with the Master had worn her down more than she realized, and Angelus was just there to finish her off. She was holding, though.

"Give it up, lover."

"And inflate your ego even more? No. You want me dead, you're gonna have to work for it."

A barrage of punches was thrown at her, and she blocked. High, low.again and again.

"Tired yet?"

"Are you?"

She tried to kick his mid-section, but he caught her foot, and pushed her down. She was lying right at the edge of the Mouth. All he had to do was push her over, but he wasn't done yet. He kicked her in the stomach, repeatedly.

"You don't die easily, I'll give you that. But now it's just you, me, and Hell. No Angel, no swords, nothing. What's left?"

"Me." Willow said from behind him.

He turned around to face her, surprised. Buffy wasted no time. She rolled onto her back, and jumped up with both feet, kicking him in the chest. He rolled backwards a couple feet, and she was right there when she came to a stop.

She crouched down over him, and proceeded to mangle his face.

"Always," Punch. "Have to," Punch. "Make a big," Punch. "Production." Punch, punch, punch. "Should've just killed me." Admiring her work, she saw that she had drawn blood.

"I'll remember that next time."

"Oh, there won't be a next time. Ever again. The Master may have rejuvenation thing going, but you don't." She pulled a bottle of holywater out of the inside of her jacket. "Now, what do the good guys do before killing a long time arch enemy?"

"They make it last." Willow supplied.

"Thanks, Will. She's smart. It's why I love her." She uncorked the bottle. "Now, this is for Miss Calendar," She poured a little onto his chest, and his shirt was eaten away, "This is for Giles," She poured some more, to which he winced, "This is for Xander," She went down lower, right over his groin. He screamed now. "That was always a weak spot for you wasn't it, Angelus? But wait. There's more."

Willow walked over to him, and she handed Buffy the bag of weapons.

"Get up." She ordered him. He didn't budge. "Never mind. I'll do it for you."

She stuck out her hand, and lifted him into the air. He stayed there, struggling against invisible restraints. Meanwhile, Buffy retrieved the ax they had brought along.

"I've never tried a fire spell before, so be patient with me." She saw Angelus' eyes go wide. "Let the fire of light torture this being. Show him true pain."

A small flame ignited on Angelus' leg, he was right scream. It traveled to his other leg, and up his torso, over his arms, up his chest.and came to a halt. It just kept burning. Willow lowered him closer to the ground, and Buffy walked up to him, ax in hand.

"Will, you wanna give me hand with this?"

They both grabbed the handle, and pulled back.

"And this is for us." They said together.

The ax sliced through his neck, beheading him, and turning him to ash. They let the ax fall to the ground, and Willow hugged her immediately.

"Way to use the Force." Buffy said, breathing heavily.

"I was worried.that you weren't.okay."

"I am. Thanks. Now let's go finish this." They broke the hug, and Buffy saw Willow's eyes bugging out of her head. "What is it?"

Willow pointed, and Buffy turned around to find herself staring at the multiple heads of the very large what she could only call, "The Hellmouth Creature". And its tentacles reached out, up from underneath the ground, and picked up the two of them into the air.

***

"That poor child." Wesley said, remembering the kid's death.

Xander was pacing, Cordelia was trying to pick the lint off of one of the couch cushions, and Oz just sat quietly, stoic as usual. Giles was still amazed at what Willow was able to do. It was quite a feat destroying the first creation of evil on Earth.

"He didn't listen, he got toasted. Plain and simple." Oz said. The looks they gave him were ones of shock. They couldn't believe he had said that. And a part of him couldn't believe he said that either.

"I can't stay in here. This is driving me crazy." Xander said.

"And what do you think it's doing to the rest of us? Making us happy?" Cordelia asked.

"I'm just saying that it's not right that they're facing it alone."

"Of course it's not right. But it's the best -" Giles began.

"It's what a coward would do."

"Like you're one to talk!" Cordelia said angrily, defending Giles.

"I thing we all need to calm down." Wesley tried.

"Says who? You're the biggest chicken here. If it wasn't for Buffy and Willow -" Xander said.

"You think I don't know that?"

They were all too busy fighting to realize that Oz was shaking over in the corner. It began more and more violent, until he yelled out.

"STOP!"

Everyone shut up, and turned their attention to him.

"Oz, are you all right?" Giles asked.

"Fine. I think Xander's right. We should go."

"There, see? At least someone in here's got guts."

"And they'll be all over Sunnydale if you go out there." Cordelia said.

"She's right." Oz said.

"Ha!.What?"

"His knowledge of you makes you incredibly easy to manipulate. It's very enjoyable to watch."

"Oz?" Xander asked.

"Not anymore." Wesley said, backing away.

"This creature has evil in him. A deeply, savage beast which he tried to keep buried. But the evil is only held at bay. It was a struggle for him, one he was ultimately doomed to lose. It made my entering very effortless. It welcomed me. I am him. He is no more."

"But Willow -" Cordelia started, disbelieving.

"Simply forced me to find a host." Oz's eyes glowed red, and he grabbed Wesley by the throat. "Our friends are waiting."

***

"Can't you work some mojo on this thing?" Buffy yelled to Willow.

They were getting more and more crushed by the second, and they were each getting pulled towards a different sat of snapping teeth.

"It's shielded. And the crushing of my body makes it hard to concentrate. Gotta figure out where the heart is and do it the old fashioned way."

"Can you float something up here? Preferably something sharp?"

"I think so." Down on the ground, a sword floated, wobbling, slowly up towards the tentacle that held Buffy captive. "You're gonna have to grab it, I can barely keep it up."

Buffy reached her arm out, and the tentacle squeezed her chest more. Her breathing was getting labored. "You are so dead when I get outta this."

"Who me?" Willow asked losing her grip on the floating sword.

"No.big ugly mutant octopus thing." She grabbed the sword, just as it was about to fall, and sliced the tentacle freeing herself. She fell onto the creature's large body, which was kind of slimy. "Gross."

'Hang on, Will. Just gotta find the heart.'

'Hanging's no problem. It's the staying alive part.'

The creature's body was huge. It had grown, well, a lot, since the last time they had seen it. So she had to crawl on it, and stick close, so the creature couldn't get to her. She knew she when she was getting close to heart, because she felt the vibrations of a really loud thump. She started having a hard time staying on it.

She raised the sword, and plunged into its flesh. The shriek it emitted was indescribable. It let Willow loose, and Buffy slid down the creature, and to the ground. Willow lowered herself down slowly, stopping her plummet.

She ran over to Buffy to make sure she was all right.

"I'm in no rush to do that again."

Willow was looking at the still screaming creature. "Where you stuck it.it's leaking."

More accurately, it was oozing a green fluid, and where Buffy pierced it, the hole was getting larger.

"I would run."

That was a good idea, because the fluid increased, and the creature began to implode, the fluid flying everywhere. They ran behind a car, and watched as a little of the fluid landed on the trunk, and started to melt the metal.

By the time it was over, the creature was a pile of dead flesh in the street.

"Why do the biggest things have to be the most disgusting?" Buffy asked.

"Makes you appreciate vampires."

"We have to go get the Master."

"Where'd he go?"

"Just follow the path of massive destruction."

***

They saw the Master standing in front of the multiplex, Sun Cinema. He was surrounded by a cadre of vampires, and was directing the demons and the destruction. It was like watching a conductor direct an orchestra. Only an extremely evil orchestra, and one that didn't use instruments.

"They're doing everything he says. Like they can't act without him." Willow observed.

"Well, that is his army, and he is.their leader. That's it."

"What's it?"

"You get rid of the leader, the army can't function, right?"

"Right.but you said he was unkillable. That his body went from gone to put together."

"Then you have to stop him from doing that."

"Me? How do I stop it?"

"I just kill the things. You're the witch."

"How'd I know you'd say that?"

"Stakes between us?"

"Four each. They're long, so they'll be reusable."

"Okay, once the Master goes blowing in the wind it's up to you."

"Destroy the Hellmouth and stop the Master."

"I know. Job sucks, but what are you gonna do? Can't fight fate. Ready?"

Willow nodded, and they proceeded to run towards the demon convention.

***

The First Evil, in the form of Oz, led the group to the battle that had just erupted. He had carried Wesley by the throat the entire way. He knew they wouldn't dare attack him. It would be a risk to their lives, as well as the rightful owner of the body he now inhabited. Humans were so easily controlled with the right methods.

"Watch. Your friends are quite the team."

Buffy was fighting her way to get to the Master, and Willow was handling his protectors. The way they moved, so in sync but separately at the same time, was fascinating to the First Evil. And usually when something fascinated him, it meant that it had to be stopped.

"So why aren't you stepping in to distract them?" Wesley asked, choking out his words.

"Am I not squeezing hard enough?" He tightened his grip. "Momentarily."

He watched the Slayer finally reach the Master. He wanted to laugh at the title. She had a fire in her eyes. A dangerous determination. He guessed the old vampire wouldn't last very long, his attention having been elsewhere, and he was right. Within minutes the vampire was dust.

As his particles gathered into air, preparing for reanimation, the Sorceress, Willow, started to chant. The words just seemed to come from her, like they weren't her own. And she was able to concentrate on her task, because all the demons were frozen in their place. He knew if the Master wasn't revived soon, they would die, and the light would forever destroy the vampire's ashes.

It was time to finish it.

***

Willow's chant formed a ball of energy around the Master's ashes. They couldn't break free or reach the Hellmouth to reform. She had to keep a constant eye on it however, to keep reinforcing the ball.

"Now what?"

"Keep it up for another minute or so, Will. Then the Hellmouth is the only thing left." Buffy said to her.

'You can do it.'

"Well done." Oz said, coming into their view. The gang was behind them.

"Oz? What're you doing here? What are any of you doing here?" Buffy asked.

"Just wanted to see if you could use some help."

"No." Willow said quietly.

'What is it?'

'He's not Oz.'

'Huh?'

'Look.'

Buffy studied him. He did seem different. Darker. Then she saw a flash of read pass over his eyes.

"We don't need any help."

"You sure? She looks strained."

"She's fine." A force pulled Buffy to Oz then, and she couldn't stop herself. "I don't want to hurt him."

"And that is why you'll lose."

He backhanded Buffy to the ground, and ran to Willow.

"Fight him, Oz." Willow said. "Please."

"He can only return if I let him. I don't plan on doing that."

He flung Willow into a lamppost, and she slid down to the sidewalk. The Master's ashes broke free of her spell, and began to float towards the Hellmouth. Wesley stepped in front of Oz.

"Let him go."

"Why would I do that? You are going to be dead in a manner of seconds."

Buffy and Willow began to get up.

"I can be of use to you. Go! Stop the Master."

The two girls just stood there watching, not sure what to do.

"How?"

"I offer my body as a host in exchange for his life."

"I can not enter a creature that is not touched by darkness. I could, but I don't have time to fight for control. Which is why I chose this one."

"I shall accept you willingly. No resistance."

"No!" Willow screamed at him.

"Go! Now! You're running out of time!" His eyes pleaded with them.

They looked at their friends, then back at him. They mouth silent 'thank you's' and reluctantly ran to the Hellmouth.

"Why would I give up his body for yours?"

"I have.more knowledge. Knowledge is power. If you're going to be on this plane, you'll need all the knowledge you can get. The Sorceress' spell might not have destroyed you, but you're reliant on hosts now. Think about it."

"What's he doing?" Cordelia asked Giles.

"Fulfilling his duty to the cause. Just as he was trained to do." Giles said sadly, but also in admiration. This man was braver than he gave himself credit for. And he knew he couldn't stop him. Giles saw a knife on the ground that was dropped during the battle, and picked it up.

"What are you doing?" Xander asked.

"What he'd want me to do."

"Yes, I suppose you're right." Oz's voice said.

"Then let us get it over with. Shall we?"

"Yes. Let's."

Oz's body started to spasm and a thick mist traveled into Wesley's body. Giles approached the two men, waiting. He saw Wesley look at him, confirming what he had intended to do. The next second, Wesley's body was in the middle of a spasm, and Oz's body dropped to the ground.

And Giles raised the knife.

***

By the time Buffy and Willow reached the Hellmouth, the Master's ashes were already reforming.

"There's no time! We have to destroy it now!" Willow said.

"How?"

"Grab my hand."

Buffy did, and looked at her. "Do you know what you're doing?"

"Just chant with me."

"Will?"

"Trust me. Remember Giles said I'd know? Well, I know."

Willow closed her eyes, and Buffy did the same.

'Banish this rupture in the name of all things pure.' They chanted in their heads. 'In the name of the Moon, Sun, stars, and sky. In the name of the Earth and all its creatures. Banish this evil gateway from this place. Correct the balance between the Heavens and the Dark.'

The two of them raised into the air, and stood above the Hellmouth on a cloud of light. They stuck their arms out, and felt energy start to pulse through them.

'With all that we are, with all that we've been chosen to represent, we destroy this darkness. Our talents have joined. Our friendship, our love, our souls, our bodies are one. May this darkness be gone! '

They're bodies nearly transparent, and they floated 'into' one another. They became enveloped in light, a large streak of it, pounded into the deepest recesses of the Mouth. The demons trying to get out were instantly vaporized. The ground started to rumble. The Hellmouth broke free of its confines of Earth, and went into the sky.

From the inside out, light penetrated it, and eventually it exploded into a bright blue light. Buffy and Willow found themselves back on the ground. They helped each other up, smiling. They walked over to where the Hellmouth was just a few mere seconds ago.

"It's solid." Buffy said.

"Oh yeah. We're bad."

***

They were all in Giles' house a couple days after everything was over. Well.not Wesley.

"So he's really okay?" Willow asked, standing behind Buffy, her arms around her.

"Yes." Giles smiled. "Whatever you two did, it got to the First Evil before it could take control of him."

"It was like this freaky like. It went into him, and then he was fine." Cordelia said.

"He saved my life." Oz said.

"I can't believe he went back to England to try and rebuild the Watcher's Council. But.if he anybody he can do it, he can." Buffy said.

"We're having a going away party. Wanna come, G-man?" Xander said.

"I think I spent enough time in the Bronze to last me a life time. I'll see you before you're off."

"You better." Cordelia said.

"Will, I have to do something."

"What?"

"Kiss you."

"When don't you?" Xander asked.

"Open affection is a good thing." Oz said.

Buffy stuck her tongue out. Willow went to receive it.

"Okay, ladies. You can kiss on the way. We're losing time." Xander ushered them to the door.

They all went out the door, and Giles smiled.

(Say, my love, I came to you with best intentions
You laid down and gave to me just what I'm seeking
Love, you drive me to distraction
Hey my love do you believe that we might last a thousand years
Or more if not for this,
our flesh and blood
It ties you and me right up
Tie me down)

"They did it." The Goddess said, appearing in the room.

"I never doubted them."

(Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue
These things we cannot change)

"Nor I. And it wasn't just them. It was all of you."

"I know. But they did they're the ones who suffered to put us all in a position to help."

(Hey, my love, you came to me like wine comes to this mouth
Grown tired of water all the time
You quench my heart and you quench my mind)

"The two of them have lots to accomplish yet. Good times as well as struggles."

"Should I tell them?"

(Celebrate we will
Because life is short but
sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue
The things we cannot
Celebrate, you and me, climbing two by two, to be sure
these days continue, things we cannot change)

"What good would it do them?"

"They could prepare."

(Oh, my love I came to you
with best intentions
You laid down and gave to me
just what I'm seeking)

"They have a few years to go before it sets in. And even if you told them now, you can't prepare them for this. It's something they have to experience together."

"You would know, I suppose."

(Celebrate we will
Because life is short
but sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue
Things we cannot change...
Things we cannot change)

"My knowledge is limited. I only know that as long as they have one another to love they'll be fine. For lifetimes to come. Why don't you go join them? The days continue to come. You should enjoy them. Worry about the future later."

"I think -" He turned around to face her, but she was already gone. He smiled and headed for the door. "I think I will."

"I have misplaced my pants." (Homer J. Simpson)

"You know what the secret of life is?"
"Your finger?"
"One thing. Just one thing."
"That's great, but what's the one thing?"
"That's what you gotta figure out."
(Jack Palance, Billy Crystal, City Slickers)

"I heard your heartbeat." (Buffy Summers, to Angel, ANGEL)