REPOST: TT&T (Chapter 9: Crossroads)

Hey all....

I accidentally posted two chapter eights last night, mow this is what
happens when you write and post at 2 AM, I'm just reposting this to keep the
numbers straight.

Stefan

Chapter 9: Crossroads

Spike looked back at his gathered friends and allies as he climbed aboard
the jet. Czar had agreed on coming with him to Peru and to his surprise
Joyce had insisted on coming along too. He knew better then going against
the wishes of the Slayer's mum.
"Mom you sure about this?" Buffy asked she hugged her mother.
"They need my help Buffy." Joyce said.
"There'll be a housewarming party waiting when you return." Buffy said with
smile. Joyce looked at her daughter then at Willow and smiled.
"Get going." Willow said and handed Joyce a simple gold ring.
"Magic?" Joyce asked.
"Czar will explain." Willow said.

"Al'x I need to ask favor." Angel asked as they sat discussing past times.
Although they'd openly admitted their dislike for each other, they still had
this weird connection, that went by the names of Buffy and Willow. They'd
promised the girls they'd behave and not wanting to be on the receiving end
of Willow wrath they tried to get along.
"Another one. The last time you asked me for a favor I ended up in parallel
dimension." Al'x said with grin.
"I need for someone to come with me to New York."
"What about Cordy?"
"No can't to I need a fighter, somebody who can keep his own."
"And Stjar'a?" Al'x asked.
"She could stay here with Cordelia."
"Are you nuts."
"No just old."
"Actually I think it would be good for her, I mean there's only so much of
the world I can show her." Al'x admitted.
"It's true then. Wisdom does come with age." Angel joked.
"Well not is Spike's case and you just made a joke." Al'x said and Angel
shrugged.
"So you'll come with me then."
"Like I have a choice."

"Where's G-man?" Faith asked Wesley when Giles did show up for the research
meeting.
"He left this morning." Wesley explained.
"He what!"
"He packed his backpack and said he was going into the mountains." Wesley
explained.
"Did he say why?"
"Said he needed to think about the future. He was very cryptic."
"Did he say when he'd be back."
"No. Why is there something wrong?"
"No, it's just that we might need him that's all."

"This could take some time." Buffy stated as she and Willow stood inside the
mansion. Marking her mental checklist.
New floorboards.
New coat of paint both inside and out.
Curtains, furniture.
"I could always." Willow stated and threw some sparkle into the air.
"No you don't my little witch. We will do this the old fashion way." Buffy
said grabbing her hand.
"But that could take weeks." Willow pouted.
"I don't care. It'll be fun."
"I'll remind you of that when you're covered in paint and dirt." Willow
said.
"Think about it this way, if we do it the old fashion way, you get to wash
the paint and dirt of." Buffy said.
"Still to bad we let every able man get away." Willow said.
"Well we still have Giles and Wesley, well Giles at least."
"Nope Giles made a run for it. Packed his gear and went into the mountains."
"So it's girl power then." Buffy stated.
"Looks that way."
"Things are okay right now aren't they?" Buffy asked.
"Yep!"
"We're alone."
"Yep!"
"Could you whip up something comfortable?"
"Yep!
"Love you, you know?"
"And I'll never let you forget why."

At Giles old place now dubbed Slayer HQ. Cordelia was watching Stjar'a
exercise with her staff.
"So you're staying?" Cordelia asked as she followed Stjar'a's movements.
"A much as I enjoy traveling, I would like to get to know this worlds
culture a little better." Stjar'a said and made swipe with her staff.
"Is that an yes?"
"Guess so."
"What about you? Will you be staying?" Stjar'a asked.
"For a while yes. With Angel in New York I can run the office from here."
"Staying here?" Stjar'a asked as she came up from a role.
"Free room and board? Of course."
Cordelia watched in silence as Stjar'a finished.
"Stjar'a why do you sleep outside?" She asked.
"I'm an elf."
"And."
"I'm a moon elf it's in my blood and that's also why my hair is silver."
"So the reason for Xander's silver hairs."
"If you live among moon elves for long enough that happens yes."
"How old are?" Cordelia asked before she knew what she was saying.
"Younger than you might think." Stjar'a said with a grin.
"Great Angel and Xander leave and I get stuck with Ms. Cryptic."
Stjar'a smiled and threw a staff at her.
"Hey! I could have broken a nail." Cordelia exclaimed as she caught it.
"This isn't going to be easy." Stjar'a muttered.
"What is?" Cordelia asked a little confused
"Training you." Stjar'a explained.
"Who said I wanted to learn?"
"You've been watching for the past two days. I assumed you wanted to learn."
"I couldn't, I mean."
"Just pick up the staff." Stjar'a said with a smile.