RE: FIC: TT&T (Chapter 20: The Calm Before the Storm)

Awesome but I still want more.

-----Original Message-----
From: cilia [mailto:cilia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 4:19 PM
To: buffyloveswillow; buffywantswillow
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] FIC: TT&T (Chapter 20: The Calm Before the
Storm)

From: "cilia" <cilia@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey all!

Well this is turning into some kind of monster isn't it?

We're getting there and the final battle is only a chapter a way.
Now in this chapter you'll find out:
1. Who'll make the final stand
2. That Faith really cares about Giles
3. Buffy and Willow talk about where they're going to live now that mansion
is burned down

Look out for Chapter 21: Round Three: Knockout
Stefan Cilia

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 20: The Calm Before the Storm

"Status?" Spike asked as he stood up and looked around and behind him
mansion burned. Stjar'a was laying Cordelia against the tree. Buffy and
Willow just stared at the house. Angel and Czar looked like they'd fought an
army, but so did Cordelia and Stjar'a, but the demon and the vampire seemed
eager for more. Amy was supporting Wesley, Faith and Giles were placing what
weapons had been saved going through in the trunk of the Citroen, Luna was
helping Anya stand up and Al'x came walking to his side.
"This isn't over."
"I know, we still have one more to go."
"When will the reinforcements arrive."
"Two hours."
"Then we must move. The fire trucks will be here within minutes."
Spike nodded.
"Listen up people we're going to retreat to Giles's place and prepare. We've
done good so far, but the biggest battle is still ahead."
The was a grumble of replies as they filed into the cars.
"Spike a word please?" Giles asked as he pulled the now ex-vampire into the
Citroen.
"Funny I was about to ask the same thing?"
"You're no longer a vampire and I don't know how, but Buffy can confirm it
if you want." Giles explained the unasked question.
"Thanks. Now what's your problem?"
"Joyce."
"Yes she's been acting a little off since the temple."
"A little." Giles realized how high is voice had been and lowered it. "A
little off, did you see what she did to these beings."
"Same thing I did."
"Well there's a different."
"How so?"
"Well she's Joyce and you're.. well you."
"Oh so it's okay for Spike to kill on a whim, but when Ms. S does it that's
considered a little off." Faith stated from the backseat.
"What's your point Faith?" Giles asked as he turn the car onto the street.
"We all got a dark side." She said in a dead serious tone.
"She's got a point." Spike stated.
"That she does." Giles said in defeat.

Willow and Buffy sat and held each other in the backseat of Joyce's car.
"I can always rebuild it." Willow said.
"I know."
"But we can do it the old fashion way if you want to."
"No, we tried that once, its time you had go." Buffy said and smiled weakly.
"Just promise me no fairytale castles." She then added.
"What about gingerbread houses, it's a witch must have."
"Well maybe just the front door, but then Al'x would eat through it on his
first visit."
"Or you'll get really hungry." Willow said as she stroked her stomach.
Joyce looked in the rearview mirror and smiled.

Once they arrived at Slayers HQ, AKA: Giles' house, they quickly spread
themselves around the living room and more weapons were sorted out. Wesley
held up a stake in a bandaged hand and stared at it.
"Wes what is it?" Amy asked as she placed a hand on his shoulder.
"The last stake." Wesley answered, shrugged and placed it on the table.

Giles, Luna and Willow were buried in books looking for more powerful
spells, but with Willow's vast knowledge of spells and enchantments, the
hopes of finding something she didn't already know were slim. Willow looked
up and stole a glance at Buffy.

Joyce was busy armoring up, while Angel handed her the various pieces and
instructed her on how to fasten them.
"Buffy and Willow must survive you know that don't you." Joyce asked the
souled vampire as she tied of a shin guard.
"Trust me, they will." He said and handed her a chainmail.

"You've got some pretty nasty cuts there." Stjar'a said as she let her eyes
wander over the bandages on Cordelia's body. They were sitting on the couch
doing nothing, since they'd received the greatest number of cuts and bruises
in the battle with the dark elves. Mostly due to the fact that Stjar'a,
being an elf, had been a prime target for them, but Cordelia had stayed at
her side.
"You don't look so great yourself." Cordelia answered with a weak smile.
"Guess not. You still regret doing all this?" Stjar'a asked as took a long
look into Cordelia's eyes.
"No, but I'm still scared of doing it."
"We're all scared, even Al'x is a little scared. Not much, but it's there
somewhere."
"I don't really care. I'm just so tired." Cordelia said as he eyelids
dropped a little.
"Then sleep I'll wake you before it starts." Stjar'a said.
"Promise."
"Promise." Stjar'a said as she guided Cordelia's head to her lap and started
gently stroking her hair.

Czar was outside scouting for trouble high above the house.
"That's not good." He said as he saw a large group of vampires, that were
marching like drones towards the Slayers HQ. He flew higher into the air and
then dived down in an arc towards the house.

Spike was planning tactics with Al'x and Buffy, while Anya watched.
"What do we know about them?" Buffy asked as they studied the map Giles had
drawn of the house and its surroundings.
"Not much, besides the fact that they'll outnumber us, but that's nothing
new and most likely strike around midnight." Spike said and glanced at the
grandfather clock
"We'll be facing vampires mostly, but also some minor demons and even one or
two from the lower circles." Al'x stated.
"So what we're looking at here is a massive attacks from all sides." Buffy
said as she drew four lines on the map.
"No!" Anya said calmly as she looked up from her thoughts.
"There will a be central point of gathering. It's the only way to get so
many different types of demons on the same spot without them killing each
other." She explained.
"So they'll be hypnotized?" Spike asked.
"Not quite, but they will be somewhat dulled."
"So where it this point." Buffy asked showing her the map.
"It's should be right in the."
"Guys I think you should take a look at this?!" Amy shouted from window.
"Backyard." Al'x, Spike and Buffy all said in unison.
"That hole wasn't there this morning." Buffy commented as they looked at the
place were a part of the ground had seemingly caved in on itself.
"Vampires on the march." Czar stated as he calmly walked through the door.
"Doesn't anything upset this guy?" Anya asked.
"Where's mom?" Buffy asked and then looked out the window again, in time to
see Joyce take up position at the focal point.
"Mom!" Buffy yelled as she tore open the door.
"Ms. Summers!" Willow yelled.
Joyce turned around and smiled at her daughter.
"Close the door dear." Joyce said calmly as she drew her sword, casting a
golden glow over her armor and face.
"Take care of my girl and unborn grandchild." She said to Willow as Spike
pulled the girls inside.
"Mind if I joined in?" Giles asked as he came walking around the house,
sword drawn and armor shinning.
"Rupert it would be an honor." Joyce said and saluted with her sword.
Buffy looked around the room, counting of the heads.
"Angel, where's Ang."
The backdoor could be heard closing.
"Then I'm going out there too." Al'x stated as he started making his way to
the door.
"But I can." Willow began.
"Wills you must protect Buffy and the unborn, you all must. For if we fail."
Al'x voice trailed of.
"We get the drill Al'x." Spike nodded as he started loading up the shotgun.
"Good luck to us all." Al'x said as he stepped through the door.
"Ward the house Red." Spike ordered.
"Where's Giles?" Faith asked as she looked around.
"He's outside." Czar explained.
"NO!" Faith said running towards the door.

"Is there room for one more?" Al'x asked as he took his place on at the
focal point.
"Of course."
"Rupert!" Faith yelled as she came running.
"Faith." Giles said as he was tackled to the ground.
"You're not leaving me like this." She said with tears in her eyes.
"Faith I." He was silenced by a kiss.
"Thank good Buffy isn't seeing this." Angel said.
"Promise you'll be back?" Faith asked as she pulled herself up.
"I promise. Now get back inside and protect Buffy and Willow."
"Here!" Faith said as she handed him the knife, her knife.
"I'll be wanting that back." She said as she kissed his cheek.

"What was that all about?" Amy asked.
"Haven't got the foggiest." Wesley answered, before turning his gaze to the
approaching slayer.
"Just had to say goodbye, just in case." Faith explained.
"Why did you give him the knife?" Amy asked.
"Because something tells me he'll need it more then I do."

Somewhere in skies Daniel sat in his jet and tried to will it and the planes
behind him to go faster.

In a circle around the focal point of the storm, stood four warriors ready
to die for those they loved. Light from a single flame danced of their
armors and faces, that seemed like they were set in stone.

Inside the house, weapons were gripped and the wait stretched on until the
clock struck twelve, then ticked on as a winged figure made its way up the
stairs towards the skylight.

Above it all the moon turned red.

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today
and put your mind to rest.