Riley and fourth season

Hey kids,

I've noticed that the Riley subject has left a few people worked up and
that's a bad thing.Do we really want to be mad over that? We have to
remember that everybody is entitled to their own opinion.The same situation
can be seem in a lot of different ways, depending on who sees it(once upon a
time there were grammar rules : ) Well, the same thing goes when it comes to
characters.There are people that like Riley, there are people that don't,
there are people that love Willow and there are the ones that want to see
her dead(think back to the beginning of the season or during Something Blue,
what some people were saying...) that's just the way things are.We just need
to accept (or ignore) and move on.

4

I , for one, don't like Riley, but not because of the character himself, but
more because of the things he brought forth.While part of me knows that part
of this dislike comes from the fact that i'm a Buffy and Willow fan(and no,
i don't expect that to happen for real, i'm happy with the moments) this
other part knows it's something different.While he wasn't with Buffy i
thought he was ok and during the Initiative i thought he and Willow could
make a nice couple, but then came the whole Buffy and Riley situation.The
way he realized he was in love with Buffy , how Buffy all of the sudden is
interested in Riley, all of that didn't ring true.It all moved way too
fast.This romance lacked the history, the sweetness, the IT that marks the
relationships on the show(well, not the one with Parker, but...).Then they
had THE SEX , way too soon.

One of the things that is bothering me the most this season is the way sex
has being treated as just sex, not as making love(and yeah, i think there is
a difference).Buffy spends three seasons suffering because of a guy, sends
him to hell , the guy leaves and in the third episode she's having sex with
someone else.I know it happens in real life, but it didn't happen in Buffy,
not with Buffy.Dead boy lost his soul in a moment of true happiness, i think
that shows how important it was.This season Buffy had sex with Parker, then
Angel(she may not remember, but the fact the she did shows that she wanted
him) Spike(okay, just kidding, but you never know ... : ) and now Riley.How
can they expect us to respect her actions or thing of it as something
important if they didn't even developed the situation before taking the
characters to bed? In some groups people are saying awfull things about the
show because the Tara / Willow thing may happen, but they don't seem to
complain about that.

Other thing that is bothering me is the way Buffy is treating Willow.During
the whole Angel thing(and that lasted quite some time) Willow was there by
her side, supporting her, being there and defending.During Anne Willow spent
the entire episode concerned about Buffy, after the Parker thing Willow
listened, took care of Buffy and tried to make sure the Slayer wouldn't be
hurt again...Willow was a friend, a true best friend.Now that Willow needs
Buffy support, needs her , the slayer isn't there.That "we're all tired of
it" comment she made in Something Blue was very unlike her.And then came
Riley and things got even worst.Buffy just forgot she had friends.She got so
wrapped up with Riley and The Initiative that she forgot about the people
that mattered, the ones that always stood by her.Willow had a chance to go
to every College she wanted to but she decided to stay in Sunnydale and help
people, help Buffy.Now , how do you think she feels when she sees that Buffy
no longer needs nor wants her, that she would rather spend time and do
things with the Initiative than with her friends.Then comes Spike and tells
her what se was afraid to hear all along, that she was never necessary,
never needed.That hurts, alot, and the only person who could make it better
doesn't even want to know what's going on.

The Willow/Buffy relationship has being going downhill since Doomed, and i
think that it's only fair for me to blame Riley.I'm not saying I'm right or
that it's his fault, it's just an association my head made and that i
accepted.That's also the reason why i don't like Tara as much as i thought i
would(i like her, but not as much as i intended).If the Buffy / Willow
relationship gets back on track i'll probably be ok with these characters,
but until then ...I want the nice, cute, fic-worth moments back : )

Now about the whole Angel/Riley/hitting thing, i think they're both
wrong.You should never, ever, under any circunstance, hit a woman or someone
weaker than you.Riley, as Angel, had no excuse for what he did.Of course, he
wasn't very lucid, but neither are drunks or people on drugs.He was
responsible for his actions in that case, just like Willow was responsible
for the things that happened in Something Blue, like Buffy was responsible
for the things done in Bad Girls, and so it goes.

Okay, that didn't make much sense, it ended in a completly different place
it started, but well....
I'm going now, but remember:
Different eyes, different views

Tchau

P.S.:I'm not a fan of Angel, he was never interesting enough and the only
reason i consided watching the series was Cordy.But now that i saw it i i'm
starting to like the series and the character.Angel isn't the same guy he
was in Buffy, he's very different.He became more real, more human...

Riley:...And so far, well, the only thing that I know she likes is you.(to
Willow, about Buffy)
Buffy:Wow! You're a dish!(to Willow)
Buffy:I need my Willow.
Buffy: I kind of love you.(to Willow)