From: Pat Kelly [mailto:bandits@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 5:22 PM
To: buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] FIC: Untitled(Prologue)

From: "Pat Kelly" <bandits@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey.

Following in the tradition set by Kimber, he is the prologue of an untitled
fic. It's been sitting on my hard drive for awhile cause I wasn't sure where
it was gonna go, but I've got an idea now. (Thanks to Stefan AKA Cilia for
the idea). This NOT connected to Becoming even though it is future based.

UNTITLED - PROLOGUE

Yesterday was their graduation from college. It was over. And that wasn't
all. Three days before, they had sealed the Hellmouth permanently, and it
had caved in it on itself, taking all the demons with it. There was no more
evil in Sunnydale. And nothing left for Willow. She had stayed to help Buffy
battle evil, and she had done that.

Xander had left two years before with Anya, hoping to find whatever it was
that was missing from his life. Oz had never returned to her, and the last
she heard was that the Dingoes had gotten a record deal with a label based
in LA. She had been told that by Cordelia, who was still working for Angel,
and apparently business had grown. Willow didn't know whether that was a
good or bad thing, but her friend was excited.

Now she was leaving. A part of her didn't want to, but she knew she had to.
For various reasons. The most important of which was that the night before
the battle, she had confessed to Buffy that the feelings she had for her had
grown past friendship during their years together. But mostly during
college.

When Oz didn't come back and Xander and Anya left, the two girls had spent
all their time together. And Willow had grown to love it. And she thought
Buffy had too. Everything they had done brought them closer, and she figured
that telling Buffy how she felt would simply acknowledge what they both were
thinking. What they both felt. And she was right. Or so she thought.

Because that night, when she told her, they kissed for what seemed like
hours, but in reality was only a minute or two. But nevertheless, Willow
knew she had made the right decision. Then they stopped, and Buffy had
remained silent, then left the room. Willow had fallen onto her bed, and
cried herself to asleep.

No, there was no reason to stay. She was packing now. She had a flight
booked for London, and she left in the morning. Giles had set it up for her.
During her stint as research girl, she had become fascinated by all the old
lore and objects discussed in all of Giles' volumes.

After her freshman year, she had taken all the archeology and
archeology-related courses she could, and decided that's what she wanted to
do. In a way, she was still going to be fighting demons, but learning about
them, their history, origins, and practices. But she would also be learning
about regular species and civilizations. Get to go to different places, see
the world.

Plus, with her expertise in programming and computers, plus a solid
knowledge of Wicca, she might be able to revolutionize the way people did
archeology.

She heard the doorknob turn, and was quiet as Buffy entered their soon to be
vacated dorm, and sat on the bed.

"Oxford, huh?"

Willow continued to fold her clothes as she answered. "Yep. Good place to
continue studying. Graduate school and all. Masters degrees and all that fun
stuff."

"It's good you're doing that. Giles says that now that Sunnydale's in the
clear, I'll be a slayer on the go. Stopping evil wherever it pops up."

"You're really gonna do that?"

"It's my job, right? I'm thinking that maybe I can start charging people. I
mean Angel does it, why can't I?"

"Gotta make a living somehow."

"Exactly. You always get me." Willow flinched. "And it's good that you're
going too, because you'll be in one place. I'll be moving around all the
time, and..."

"You're right. It's the best thing to do."

"Need any help?"

"You wanna get rid of me?"

"No, of course not -"

"Why can't you just say it?"

"Willow, please don't."

"I love you. Tell me you don't."

Buffy looked at her, and stood up. "Good luck...with everything." She walked
out of the room without saying another word, and shut the door. Willow fell
to her knees, and started to cry.

Outside the door, Buffy learned up against it, and silent tears rolled down
her face.

"I have misplaced my pants." (Homer J. Simpson)

"You know what the secret of life is?"
"Your finger?"
"One thing. Just one thing."
"That's great, but what's the one thing?"
"That's what you gotta figure out."
(Jack Palance, Billy Crystal, City Slickers)

"I heard your heartbeat." (Buffy Summers, to Angel, ANGEL)
_____

<http://adforce.imgis.com/?adlink|2.0|2|82039|1|1|misc=1119;loc=300;>
ONElist Sponsor

_____