FIC: Under The Willow (1/1) By Cilia

Hey all!

I didn't have it in me to go another round with Two Worlds just yet, so I
sat down and did something completely different. Now this story is in no way
connected to the Royalty series. Now this is really short so I don't want to
explain much, but this centers around a certain hill and a certain legend
and is told in a fairy tale style. Willow is the main character but there is
some B/W underneath you'll just have to read it....

Cilia

Enjoy!

Under The Willow
Cilia

Somewhere there is a hill and on that hill grows a willow tree. There's a
simple white stone on that hill, put there to honor a person unknown to the
world, but loved by her friends. She died on this hill, did so in the arms
of the one she loved more then life itself. The stone is covered in whines
now, but there are always roses on the grave which it guards.

Hey there. The woman whispers as she looks down, clutching the roses in her
hand as the black cloak flaps back in the gentle breeze
I still miss you.
She kneels down on the cold ground and lays down the roses, she reaches into
her cloak and then places a green pebble on the stone.
We're doing okay.
Tears run down pale cheeks as a lock of hair blows into her eyes.
They're all hanging in there moving on.
A gentle smile forms on red lips.
I'm a godmother now and her name is Elisabeth, just like you.
She closes her eyes as her mind wanders back through the years.

I love you.
Promise me you'll never leave me.
Everyone leaves.
What's so funny.
Stop it that tickles...

I hope I'm not interrupting.
She looks up at a tall man with dark hair resting against the willow.
Why are you here.
Standing up her red hair gets caught in the gentle wind of spring.
To pay my respects to a friend.
There is flicker of sadness in blue eyes as the man walks over to the stone.
She was no friend of yours.
There is anger in the already sad green eyes as she speaks.
She was as much my friend as your lover Red.
He states has he places a black flower on the ground.
There is silence for awhile.
Why did she do it Spike.
She asks as the tears return.
For you Red it was all done for you.
He looks down at the stone and sighs.
You didn't come to the wedding.
She asks as she turns towards the sun.
Did have time, to busy carrying on the legacy she bestowed on me.
The sunlight flickers across his sharp features.
I heard of it, she, she would have been proud.
She says as she wipes the tears away and he offers her a handkerchief.
What have you done with your live Red.
He asks as they start walking down the hill.
This and that, mostly grieving and learning.
They both turn around for a final glimpse of the hill and the willow. From
atop of the stone a young blond woman smiles at them, but neither see her.
I'm gone love, but I still watch over you.
The ghost whispers before disappearing into the sun.
He looks down at her, the red hair glowing in the sun. He speaks in soft
tones.
I wish I could have what you had. If only for a moment.
She looks up at him and smiles it's a mixture of sadness and joy at the
memories.
You will Spike, one day.
He smiles back down at her.

The hill is there still, the stone and the willow tree and it's said that if
you go there when the sun is just right you'll see two young women, one with
flaming red hair and the other golden blond, sitting on top of an old stone
under the willow, smiling in eternal love and if you clean away the whines
you'll see two names Elisabeth and Willow. Then maybe, just maybe, if you're
lucky you'll catch a glimpse of the man who guards the land in which the
hill rests. His name is lost now, but some say it was once William.