Fic... "Sudden Heart Ache" 'R'

Title: "Sudden Heart Ache"
Author: Angela
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Copyright: March 7, 2000
Rating: 'R'
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon, Fox, Mutant Enemy all have
something to do with "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" and
all the characters contained herein. The story is sole
property of the author, me. No copyright infringement
is intended or inferred.
thinks that this is good enough to want on their site.
Author's Note: Hello, I bet you didn't think you'd
'hear' from me so soon. But, the muse hit me while I
was on the bus heading for home. I just finished this
and I knew that I had to get it up ASAP. So& here you
have it. This makes number eight, phew. Once again,
let's hear it for Microsoft Word '97 spell check.

PREVIOUSLY:

Taking a deep breath, Tara closed her eyes and let her
mind bring up the words she meant deep in her heart.

"I wait with all my heart and soul for the one I long
to know. The one who looks behind the mask to uncover
the person underneath. The one who will strip away the
negativity and allow me to see the beauty I have
hidden. I wait with all my heart and soul."

"Oh& Tara, that's beautiful," Willow said, moving to
look into her eyes. "Thank you."

"Thank you Willow," Tara replied, taking Willow's
hand and kissing it.

***

Across Campus

'She's with Tara again,' Buffy told herself. The
empty room was the only evidence she needed to realize
something else. 'I'm going to lose her.'

***

'I wonder if she knows what she does to me? How empty
I was, without realizing it& not until she came
along,' Buffy thought to herself as she waited for
Willow to come back to the dorm room they shared. She
had fallen asleep last night waiting for her to return
from Tara's and even though she had never seen any
other 'love bites'; not that she had been keeping tabs
about that sort of thing. It wasn't concrete proof
that Tara and Willow *hadn't* been physical with each
other. And as before, she hoped it wasn't the case.

It was then that she had decided it was time to show
Willow *how* much she cared.

The notes& they were *only* notes. She hadn't said
anything to the budding witch since the morning she
had finally allowed herself to say the things she had
kept hidden. Even from herself.

The last thing she wanted was to make Willow feel
trapped. But tonight, tonight would be different.

She quickly glanced at the door as it opened.

"Hiya Will," she said, her whole demeanor changing
when the other girl entered the room.

"Oh& hi. I& I didn't know you were here," she replied
as she closed the door and walked over to her side of
the room.

"Yeah, Giles said I could stay in tonight."

"Really?" Willow asked as she put her books and bag
down on her bed.

"Yeah, he said," Buffy cleared her throat and pushed
imaginary glasses up her nose. "Ah& Buffy, you've done
quite enough the last few days Stay in& or& or go out.
Have fun. Of course you'll want to double your patrol
tomorrow night," Buffy ended before laughing.

"That sounds like him," Willow agreed.

"So& I was wondering& do you want to go to the
movies& or something?"

Willow looked at Buffy curiously.

"Are you asking me out?"

"I& I guess you could say that," Buffy replied as all
of her previous determination decided to fly out the
window.

Willow crossed her arms together.

"So, are you or aren't you?"

Buffy walked over towards Willow and took her hand in
hers.

"Will& Willow, would you like to go out with me& on a
date?"

"Do you mean it? The whole nine yards? By the way,
what does that mean anyway? I mean& I've heard it
before& but I never&"

"Will?"

"Hmm?"

"Does that mean yes?"

Willow chewed on her bottom lip for a few seconds
which seemed to last an eternity for Buffy.

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"OH& that's great. I'll& I'll pick you up around
seven-thirty. I'll& thanks," Buffy gushed as she
quickly hugged Willow and before she could say another
word, she rushed out of the room.

Willow stood by and waited, slowly the door cracked
open.

"Um& hi."

"Is it seven-thirty already?"

"I guess I got carried away?" Buffy said as she
re-entered the room, her face crimson with
embarrassment.

"I guess," Willow replied smiling.

***

Buffy had no idea what the movie was about, nor did
she care. Her thoughts were elsewhere, everything
focused on her hand, and the fact she was holding
Willow's.

But that wasn't really true, she realized there was a
thought that had kept her company.

'We've done this before. Why is it different?'

"Buffy?"

"Hmm?"

"It's time to go& the movies' over."

"Oh& yeah, all right," she answered, she didn't want
to let go, but knew she had to.

They walked back to their room in relative silence.
Buffy opened the door and let Willow go inside first.
There was something& tangible in the air. She could
feel it.

Taking a deep breath and closing the door behind her,
Buffy turned around slowly. She saw Willow standing in
the middle of the room.

"Good movie huh?" Willow asked nervously.

"Great," she replied, making her way towards her.

"Umm& so. So& what do you want to do next? Scrabble?"

"No& I'd& I'd really like to kiss you now Will,"
Buffy said standing in front of the other girl.

"You& you would?" she squeaked.

"Yes," Buffy whispered, as she brought her hand up to
caress Willow's face. She leaned in and softly brushed
her lips against Willow's. Then did it once more,
letting her lips linger, she heard a slight moan and
brought her right hand up and placed it behind
Willow's neck, increasing not only the contact, but
her breathing as well.

Soon lips parted, granting permission for tentative,
gentle exploration of each other's mouth. Buffy left
Willow's lips and began trailing kisses down the side
of her neck. She felt Willow's hands her in hair,
clutching, grasping, as the excitement began to build.

Willow's thoughts were jumbled; she couldn't believe
what was happening&

What she was allowing to happen.

She felt Buffy's hands moving down her chest&

Brushing against&

The locket&

TBC