Fic: A connected Love (chapters: Prologue, 1-3); Unfinished !!

Title: A connected Love

Author: Quindo Ma

Genre: Buffy/Willow

                fight between Buffy and a new Demon.

Rating: PG-13 I'd say

Spoilers: Well this story plays after the 3rd season so information up to Graduation Day 1 / 2 will surely be used. I haven’t seen the 4th

              season at the point I wrote this, so no spoilers for that. This story takes another timeline from then.

Note: The numbers 12 and 60 were (as far as I know) the holy numbers of the Babylonian, the first recorded civilization (refer to bible) of

         this realm. I will use them in this story but that probably later.

Note: This is my first try so be kind. I have redone and changed some things a few times to make it good but I have no experience in this.

Note: This story hasn't been beta'd from anyone else but me so if you want to do that for the upcoming parts then send me a mail

Feedback: PLZ PLZ PLZ, I need to know what you think about this story, so that I can see if I'll continue it this way.

Disclaimer: All the characters, Buffy, Willow, Giles, Xander, etc. Belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Inc., and Warner Bros. I’m just borrowing their brilliant creations. I intend no copyright infringement from my use of their characters, and will receive no monetary or any other compensation for their use, in any form, of the story that succeeds

********

Prologue: The Beginning of all

In the beginning of all, the mortal realm was empty. No life was there. No demons. No angels.

But then the power of darkness discovered this realm and sent his minions out to take it over, just like it did with so many others. But this realm was different than the others. It had a power contained in it that was greater than both the powers of order and chaos together. And it used it. It created life. It didn’t want to have other creatures on its surface. But most lifeforms were either destroyed or not bothersome enough to be anything else than ignored.

But then the mortal realm created mankind.

The first humans where strong enough to survive and intelligent enough to understand the mortal realm and help it to banish the demons from this place.

And they fought a war. Hiding and always trying to get the overhand over the evil powers here. But they weren’t strong enough. They had managed to repel some of those creatures but the highest powers of evil noticed what happened here and sent out the army they used in their eternal conflict against the powers of the light.

And it was a disaster for the mortal realm. Almost all humans were killed before the things changed. It was when the forces of light found out what happened here. They studied this realm. Tried to find out why it tried to defend itself from the powers of evil. And it sent ambassadors to this realm. Tried to find what gave it the strength to create life.

But these ambassadors were fought and expelled from here not knowing that this realm may have found an ally in its war against the forces of evil.

But the forces of light didn’t give up. They had found out what powers this place used and wanted to use them for themselves or at least prevent the darkness from achieving them.

And they made an offer to the mortal realm. They wanted to help this realm banish all demons from it by sending out two warriors that would connect to this realm and use its powers to defeat the demons. All it wanted for that was a place to rest and recover during the war between them and the darkness.

And the mortal realm accepted. It selected its best warriors and they were given the powers of the two best warriors in heaven. The first received the power to fight the demons the second to use the magic of the mortal realm.

And they fought. Fought together to banish all demons from this place. And succeeded. But the forces of evil didn’t want to loose this place as they saw the way to win over the power of light with the powers contained herein. So it created passageways to this realm. Hellmouths. And was able to return to the mortal realm. Only to be banished again from this world.

But the forces of evil still didn’t give up. They started to fight in darkness, hiding from the powers and attacked when they didn’t expect it.

So the mortal realm closed the Hellmouths but couldn’t destroy them. The demons that were still here managed to hide. They started to use the human bodies as container for their essence. And managed to survive the counterattack of the powers of good, so that they could hide until the evil powers managed to reopen the Hellmouths and attack again.

Those two fighters for good were a Warrior-adept of using combat weapons of all kinds from hand to hand to men big swords-and a Sorceress-adept in using all kinds of magic-. Both linked together through the power of the mortal realm and protecting it from the beginning by wandering from one body to the next and using the powers they had, to keep the evil forces in this place at bay.

Until the evil entered this realm again...

********

Chapter 1: Thoughts and Dreams

It was a quite typical summer day in Sunnydale. And there were no demons or vampires left since the incident with the mayor. Most left before the ascension of the mayor and the rest left after Buffy and the rest of the graduate’s had foiled the ascension. So it has been quite quiet in the underworld and Buffy and her friends could do what high school graduate’s did during the holidays. They hung around, learned for college (well at least a little) and talked about this and that. Mostly they just hung around together.

Oz was out on a gig in Chicago and Cordelia had left Sunnydale after graduation. So there were only Buffy, Willow and Xander and well... Giles left in Sunnydale. But he was trying to get a job at the library at the UC Sunnydale... since 3 weeks now. And he really wasn’t very lucky at that. In the beginning the college was grateful to find somebody to keep an eye at the library but after they heard where he worked before they said that they had to think about it again. And now Giles tried to convince them to let him work there because else he would have been without a work and... well let’s just say that he really tried to stay near Buffy even though he wasn’t her watcher anymore.

Well this wasn’t really a typical day since Xander wanted to make a self-finding trip through the states and he wanted to leave next Monday, which was in 4 days. So the gang stayed a little more together than normal to have as much time together as possible before he left.

But that Xander wanted to leave wasn’t the reason why Buffy gazed at Willow. She just was there looking at Willow and listened to one of her cute babbles, well at least Buffy thought that they were cute. She didn’t even know why she thought that she just did. And she also didn’t really hear what Willow said; she was just listening to her voice and gazed at her. She was completely lost in the sound of Willows voice.

Buffy had had such thoughts before. She liked Willows voice and the way she sometimes started to babble uncontrolled. But she always had shrugged those thoughts off and told herself that that was just imagination and that this was only because Willow was her friend... but that couldn’t be all that she felt for Willow... FRIENDSHIP. It was just a too strong feeling she had, especially in the last three weeks after school had ended. Or blown up whatever you call it.

"Buffy? Buffy? Can u hear me?" Willow asked a hand on Buffy’s shoulder shaking her softly. Buffy felt the warmth of Willow’s hand and she liked it.

"Buffy? C’mon u can tell me. What’s wrong?" Willow asked her again shaking a little more this time.

Buffy startled a little then saw the worried look in Willow’s eyes and then shrugged those feelings off again.

"Hmm...? Oh sorry, I was just in thoughts. What did u say?" Buffy asked.

"I was just questioning Xander what he thought he wanted to do on his trip when I noticed that u had left this planet." Willow smiled. "So what’s wrong? You only have that look when you don’t know what to do with a problem and since there are no monsters or demons or sixty feet long snakes that want to eat us for breakfast... or any vampires that want to eat you for dinner...". She was babbling again and Buffy thought it was kinda funny... and cute -that feeling again- " and since there is no nothing here that could harm you you must have a problem with something else. Is it maybe something I did?" Willow became less self-confident with that question and Buffy could see it.

"No, No, it’s nothing you did or Xander or even Oz or Cordy, I just was thinking about this and that." Buffy answered. She knew it wasn’t the truth because she knew that it had something to do with Willow, something very special about Willow. But she couldn’t tell Willow her thoughts about her and she didn’t like it when Willow was sad about her or anything else. All these thoughts rushed through Buffy’s brain without stopping long enough for her to think about them. All she knew was that they were there. "No, Will it has nothing to do with something u did. It’s just about the ascension and what almost happened here. I’m glad it’s over and I was just thinking about it, and Faith and..." she trailed off.

"Oh..." was all Willow could say.

"Now are you two ladies gonna stop living in the past? Because it is past and we can do nothing to make it undone. And by the way I was just telling you two what I think I should do on my trip, but if nobody wants to hear it then finnneee...." he said drawing the last word out.

"Sorry" both the slayer and the hacker said in chorus. "Go on tell us about your plans in finding yourself." Buffy teased with a smirk on her face. That got a glare back from Xander but he started to talk again and Buffy could start to think about what the last few minutes had brought up in here.

Willow turned back to Xander and started listening and he told her all about what he planned to do and where he planned to go and so on. The whole talk about that took about 45 minutes before Buffy –she couldn’t hear this any longer- said " How bout a film night, my mother isn’t at home and we could borrow a few films and watch them. That way we could kinda say goodbye to you Xander and you could finally stop boring me with this. This is your trip not mine." Buffy grinned and received a look that could kill her from Xander but he then agreed and Willow said that she had to get something from home before but that she would be there later.

So they split up Willow went home and Buffy and Xander headed for the next video store to borrow a few films.

********

Willow went home slower than she had thought but with her mind at this level of activity she just couldn’t concentrate on that enough. She just had to think about what just had happened to her as she saw Buffy so... well... sad. She had looked in Buffy’s eyes and she had felt a sting as she saw the worries in her eyes. She wasn’t sure what really happened or why but she was sure that she had to think about it. She had to think a lot about it. And that was the reason why she had told Buffy she had to go home first. She walked through the streets from the park to her house and when she arrived there she just stood in front of the house until her mother saw her and came out.

"Why are you standing out here? You should get in dinner is ready." She said.

Willow startled as her mother put her hands on her shoulders and asked her that. She didn’t even notice it when she arrived there she was still thinking about her. About Buffy. And she wasn’t even near an answer as her mother brought her back to earth.

"Pardon? Mom? What are you doing here?" she asked still thinking she was in the park.

"Willow are you fine? Your at home. Now come in dinner is ready." Her mother answered.

Willow looked at her surroundings and noticed where she was, then she remembered what she had done and what she had promised Buffy.

"I’m fine mom just a little in thoughts. May I sleep over at Buffy? Xander is going to leave on Monday and we want to have a last video night before he leaves." Willow said

"Is Ms. Summers at home?" was all her mother asked.

"I’m not sure but I think that Buffy mentioned that she’s in the gallery and that she’ll come home a little late."

"Well... ok but call me when you are there ok?"

"Sure mom. No problem." Willow said and headed for her room to get her present she had bought for Xander. She had wanted to give it to him before he left but she thought now that this would be a better occasion for that. She went up and fetched the small amulet she had left on her desk. She opened it to make sure the photo was still inside and then headed back down to the kitchen and said goodbye to her mom. Then she headed out and began to walk towards Buffy’s house.

She began to think again but made sure that she noticed at least a little of her surroundings on her way to Buffy to avoid that experience she just had in front of her own house.

********

The doorbell rang and Buffy headed to open it. Willow was outside and smiled as she saw Buffy. She entered the Summers home and headed for the living room.

"What took you so long Will?" Xander asked as he heard the hello’s she and Buffy exchanged.

"Had to fetch your ‘Don’t-forget-us-because-we-are-your-best-friends’ amulet I bought u" Willow smirked.

"You bought me what?"

"A amulet. I have played witch a little and put a protection spell on it." She smirked again.

"Well I think that comes in really handy because I can need protection since I don’t always want to look behind my back if any vamp is there right Buffy?" he asked looking at her.

"Sure, protection is always good."

Willow headed to Xander and handed the amulet to him. "Open it." Willow suggested.

He did as he was told and froze as he saw the photo inside. It showed all of the gang: him, Willow, Buffy, Oz, Giles and.... Cordelia.

After the incident between him and Willow and the break up between him and Cordelia he hadn’t been amongst those who talked good about her. Well not until the prom night. Willow noticed the looks between him and Cordy that night and even though she wasn’t sure why they were friendly and what had happened she knew that they belonged together. And after she had noticed the small heart the always seemed to carry with her after that she definitely knew that something had happened between them again. And that was the reason for her to use a photo with her on it.

After a moment Xander looked up to Willow, tears in his eyes and just said "Thank you. Thank you very much Will."

She looked over to Buffy and noticed the look in her eyes and mouthed ‘Cordelia’ and Buffy understood. She had also seen those looks between them that night and she was sure the only reason why they weren’t together again yet was because Cordy had left town.

"Ok enough tears for now this is meant to be a video night and I think we can start now" Buffy suggested and the other two agreed.

The girls sat on the couch and Xander in the chair and watched ‘The Net’ with Sandra Bullock, one of Willow’s favorites and she was smiling almost the whole film. Almost. Because as she noticed the look in Buffy’s eyes, as she noticed the same look as in the afternoon she just couldn’t concentrate on the film any longer. She fell back into those thoughts she had on her way home and what could have happened to her. As Buffy noticed that Willow wasn’t smiling to the film anymore she looked into her eyes and smiled a hope-giving smile and Willow smiled back and turned back to the TV and started to look again.

They looked about 4 other films before they all were sleeping. Buffy woke up at about 5am and got blankets for her friends and then went to bed to think about everything.

She dreamed.

She stood on a cemetery but she wasn’t sure which one, all she saw were graves, no names no nothing just the graves.

She started to walk towards a person. It was Willow. She stood in front of a grave looking down and crying. Buffy read the name. It was her own. She asked Willow what happened. She answered that she just died. No vampires. No demons. No accidents. She just died. Buffy put her arm around Willow and told her that she wouldn’t die. She wouldn’t leave Willow alone with all those demons around. She wouldn’t leave. Then the grave disappeared and she suddenly stood in the gym. Alone. She wore the dress she wore in the prom night. Then Willow came in. Also in her prom dress. They stood there for what seemed a eternity then music started. A slow song. Then Buffy started to dance with Willow. She didn’t know why she just did. Their faces neared, their lips met and...

She woke up.

"What the hell just happened?" she asked herself. Then she turned around and slept on.

********

Next morning she woke up and smelled the scent of pancakes and got up. She always had liked pancakes but hadn’t had any in a while. Mostly because she just wasn’t good enough in the kitchen and her mom didn’t make them often.

She went down and into the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Morning" Willow said. Buffy noticed that she was happy. Not so loaded with thoughts like yesterday.

"Morning Will, did you make those pancakes?"

"Yep I love pancakes but my mom doesn’t have the ingredients at home so I don’t come to make them often." She smiled.

"I love them too, I’m just an absolute anti-cook." Buffy said and smiled too. She didn’t even notice it she just smiled as she saw that Willow smiled too. A few long moments they just stood there smiling before Xander broke the silence as he entered the kitchen.

"Mmmhhhh.. Pancakes, how wonderful. Just the right thing to start a day." He said "where’s your syrup Buffy?"

"Second cupboard from right, above the refrigerator." She answered still smiling at Willow.

Xander headed to fetch the syrup and noticed the gazes the two girls exchanged.

"Are you two in some kind of telepathic conversation or what. C’mon lets munch these pancakes and get back to the TV to finish what we started yesterday." Xander said.

Buffy gave him a look and then started to pile the pancakes on her plate. Willow finished the rest of the dough she had made for the pancakes and then grabbed a plate and started to get some of the delicious pieces too. After about 20 minutes of munching, almost gulping, and a few tries to talk during that time which all ended up in a disaster as one of them swallowed the wrong way and coughed and the other two started to laugh and swallowed the wrong way too and everything almost coming back up. They stopped trying to talk after the third incident and just kept on eating.

Then they headed back into the living room and put in another film. ‘The fifth Element’ one of Xander’s favorites and both girls could guess why. With a smirk they sat onto the sofa and started watching.

After another 5 films, it must have been about 6pm then, they all headed home and Buffy had enough time with her thoughts now.

********

Xander and Willow headed to Willow’s house first and then Xander went home too.

"And how was the day sweetheart?" her mother asked.

"Films, films and more films..." Willow answered with exaggerated boredom a smirk on her face that showed that it was a joke. Her mother smiled and told her that dinner was ready in about one hour and that she should take a shower before she joined. Willow agreed in that and headed to her room to undress and get her toiletries and then went into the bathroom. She turned on the water and then went in and just stood there and let the warm water run over her face. She liked it when she could do that, she loved it and she did it whenever she could.

But today it was a bit different. She had a strange dream last night. She dreamed that she stood on a graveyard in front of Buffy’s grave and she was crying. Then suddenly Buffy showed up beside her and asked her how she had died. Willow didn’t know how she just knew that she died during her sleep. Then Buffy told her that she would never leave Willow alone and her tears weren’t any longer tears of sadness about a tragic loss but they were tears of happiness now. The next thing she remembered was that she was dancing with Buffy. A slow song. On the prom. Beautiful dresses. And then Buffy kissed her. That was when she woke up. She had been happy after that dream, she didn’t know why but she was. She had thought a few times during the day about that but since she wasn’t alone she shrugged it off and assured herself to think later about it when she was alone.

Now she was alone, thinking about this and about what that kiss could have meant. By the time her mother called her to come down she was not a singe inch closer to the answer than before. After dinner she went to bed in the hope that the answer would come in the sleep.

It didn’t. It only threw more questions into the small redheaded brain of Willow.

But the strangest thing was that dream she had.

She woke up in a bed. Buffy was in there too, snuggled up to her. She also just seemed to wake up. Then both startled as they saw each other, jumping out of the bed. Then Willow noticed the shock in Buffy’s eyes. It wasn’t the shock that she just had woken up, snuggled into her best friend. It was the shock that somebody has when they discover something they never had thought possible. Willow noticed that she also was shocked. She knew why her Buffy was shocked both had the same shock in their faces. Then she became aware of something that she just had thought. She thought ‘HER Buffy’ and it overcame her all in one moment of clearness. She hadn’t thought it because this was her dream and that wasn’t the real Buffy. At least she thought that after she woke up. She had that special thought because she needed Buffy. Her Buffy. She... she... she couldn’t speak it out she couldn’t even think of it even though she knew it was there. She was sure it was there and then she noticed that same thing in Buffy’s eye. Then she said it. She didn’t even notice that she had said it until it was out and that thing that came from Buffy at the same time made her realize what had just happened.

"I LOVE YOU BUFFY" she said in her dream. At the same time Buffy said "I LOVE YOU WILLOW".

They were just about to get closer together when she woke up.

She shot up, unable... unwilling to accept what just had happened and went into the bathroom. She stood there, in front of the basin and spilled cold water over her face.

Then, when she was able to get a clear thought it shot into her mind.

"I love you Buffy Summers and I don’t know what I shall do know." was all that she could say.

She stood there for at least 10 minutes spilling cold water onto her face trying to get a clear thought except that ‘I love Buffy’ thought into her mind. It didn’t work. Then she went back to bed. Just as she laid down the phone rang. It was Buffy.

"Will, are you ok?"

"Yes, I’m fine. Why are you calling me so late?"

"I don’t know. I just had this strange dream. I was worried about you. You’re really fine?"

"Yes I’m fine, you can go back and sleep now."

"Ok, sorry for waking you up."

"You didn’t wake me, I had a nightmare but don’t worry I’m fine."

"Ok, hope you have a better sleep now. Good night."

"Night Buffy."

********

Chapter 2: Denied Discoveries?

Two months later...

Buffy sat together with Willow in their dorm room -Willow had hacked into the computer of the college and made sure that they were both together in a room that was near the entrance so that she could do her slaying job without being too much disturbed- and were studying. Well at least she tried to study. It was the first week on college and so she hadn’t too much to do but even that was awful hard with Willow just mere meters away from here in front of her own desk and doing some research in the net. She hadn’t been able to concentrate on studying since Willow had entered the room. And she exactly knew why.

God I love her’ Buffy thought. ‘Stop, Buffy stop. You can’t do this, she’s your best friend and you know that she won’t answer your feelings for her so stop thinking about that!

But she couldn’t. Not after her dream that night after the "good bye party" for Xander.

She could still remember every single second. She and Willow together in her bed, snuggled into each other’s warmth. Then she had noticed that it was Willow next to her in the bed and startled. She had jumped out of the bed -‘Ohhh... what a fool have I been to do that.’- and looked into Willows eyes. She saw the love that they held seeming to reflect the love that she had finally accepted only seconds before. And then as she wanted to kiss her. Oh she really had wanted that badly but she woke up before their lips had met and she cursed herself for waiting too long.

But here she was now in the college with her one and only love just at the other side of the room and unable to do anything else than think about the love she felt for Willow.

Stop, Buffy you have do learn for the semester or you will completely fail and then you will loose her because she will leave and you will have to stay here, so stop thinking about this and LEARN!!’ she scold herself.

********

Willow didn’t feel even a little better. She loved Buffy and had accepted that long time ago but she had not allowed herself to tell Buffy about her feelings, fearing that she didn’t feel the same and would reject her. She didn’t want to loose the friendship they both had and she was sure that it would end if she told Buffy about her feelings. So she just kept quiet and tried to do some research for Giles. She really tried badly but no matter how much she tried to concentrate she failed. Then she had enough and shut the notebook and decided to take a shower. She was always able to calm down and think a little more clearly when she could feel the hot water run over her skin. She undressed, slipped into her bathrobe and fetched her toiletry bag and headed for the showers.

Well at least it’s 3am. There shouldn’t be any people in the showers.

And she was right. She went in turned the water on then slipped out of her robe, turned the lights off -she preferred to shower in the dark since she was once caught masturbating in the shower and she felt safer when the lights were off, it gave her some time to recover before somebody noticed her- and then slipped under the hot water, letting it cover her skin and pour down her body. It really helped her and she could feel the worries and the sorrows fall off of her. And she used that relief to think what she would do. She thought about her feelings -like so often since that dream that had let her accept her love for Buffy- and about what she should do about them.

After the shower she hadn’t came any closer to an answer than she was over two months ago. But at least she was able to calm down and was full of energy again. She dried herself off and headed back to her room. There she found Buffy lying on her bed her eyes staring onto the ceiling.

"A penny for your thoughts." Willow offered with a smile.

"Hmmm..? Oh sorry. Just thinking about... wait the penny first." Buffy said sitting up with a grin on her features, which Willow thought, was absolutely charming.

"Buffy!" Willow said playfully.

"Ok, ok, sorry..." her grin slowly fading to a shy smile "... I was just thinking about if it is possible to find the one true love. You know that one that is there when you need someone to listen and cheers you up when you are sad. The one you can tell everything and trust without a thought."

Willow’s mood was slowly becoming worse. ‘Angel, that must be why she was so distracted over the summer. And you thought it was because of you. Never be so selfish Willow it only hurts you more

"I think that it is possible to find the true love, but that many just don’t look for it or want to wait until it comes to them not knowing that love never comes, it has to be found."

"Yeah, I was just wondering if I’ll ever be able to find and to live with my true love."

"You will find it because you are looking for it, I can see it in your eyes."

"Yeah you’re probably right but I don’t want to find the one for me when it is too late, I couldn’t hurt that person. You know if I find the one and tell him how much I feel and then die the very next day while slaying."

"You will find the true love, hey any maybe she’s even already here and then you don’t even have to look for long just peek around the corner and maybe he’s there." Willow said cursing herself for that not necessary mistake she made as she mentioned that her lover could be a woman.

"You’re absolutely right Will, why think about it and not just go and look for it. Thank you Willow, you have..." Buffy said trailing off. ‘What did she say? She mentioned that my true love could already be here, that I just had to look and see her. She said that my true love could be a woman. But she can’t know it’s impossible. I never told her or anyone else how I feel. Except if...’ Buffy was unable to finish that thought. ‘No that’s not possible she can’t love me, it’s impossible. I must just have not listened correctly that’s all. Yes I haven’t listened and thought that she said something I wanted to hear, that’s it. Yes it must have been my imagination.

"Buffy?"

"...really helped me with this." Buffy finished the sentence.

"That’s what I’m here for, now sleep and tomorrow you’ll go out and find her."

DAMN, what’s wrong with me, Willow you have to be more careful about what you say

There!! There it was again! She said <find her>. That can’t be a coincidence. No she must know something I don’t know. I’ll have to keep an eye on her’ Buffy thought slightly frowning.

"Buffy is everything ok?"

"Yes sure everything ok." Buffy said falling back onto the bed and staring onto the ceiling. ‘I really have to keep an eye on her.

Damn, she must have suspected something. Stupid Willow, why did you have to let that slip out? I really hope that she doesn’t find out about my feelings. I couldn’t live any longer if I loose our friendship by not controlling myself enough.

********

Buffy had watched Willow now over a week, trying to find out what she meant as she said that she had to go out and find a woman as true love. And with the help of her slayer senses she had noticed some changes Willow had made since she had last observed her. She noticed how distracted Willow was when Buffy was near her. She saw something in her eyes that she couldn’t recognize. She even noticed that Willow sometimes seem to avoid her, especially after more or less private discussions between them or after longer research periods. Actually every time when she and Willow were seeming to get a little closer. But Buffy still couldn’t say why Willow did that but the suspect that it was because of Buffy herself became more and more present in her mind. And Buffy wasn’t really sure if that was a good or a bad thing. She hoped -God she really, really hoped- that it was a good thing. She didn’t want to, she never wanted to loose her friendship with Willow. Not even at cost of being able to tell her her feelings and then spending a hot night together. She didn’t want to loose that friendship that she had built up in over three years of being together. Never.

Willow on the other side had noticed -even without any slayer senses-, that Buffy’s behavior had changed since their talk about the true love. She had tried not to act other than normal but Willow could still see that Buffy was kind of watching her. She on the other hand tried to act the same as before, tried even harder not to let any words slip out that could reveal her true feelings, especially after she had noticed that change in Buffy’s eyes, in her whole body language.

God why do you let me go through this? What have I done to deserve the loss of our friendship? Please tell me so that I can correct it and avoid loosing Buffy’s affection, her friendship.

This really was a hard time for both and they had to go through it together to manage it.

********

Chapter 3: Revealed feelings

Willow was sitting in front of her desk and was searching for some information about a new demon that seemed to be in town when Buffy came into their shared room. Willow turned around and faced the center of her world and almost choked when she saw Buffy. She was wearing her prom dress. The one Buffy had worn on that day in the gym while dancing with Angel. But this time it was only for Willow. Buffy came in moved over to Willow and offered her her hand.

"May I ask for this dance, my dear?"

Willow stood up looked at Buffy and started to dance with her. They danced slow to the music she was listening to. Then Buffy moved closer and brushed over Willow's so sweet lips. Willow returned the kiss and lost herself in it. She prayed that this moment would never end.

Then she woke up. A smile on her face but tears in her eyes she looked at the clock and then let her eyes sweep through her dorm room. Buffy was nowhere and she hadn’t returned yet. Otherwise her clothes would either be on the floor or in the trash but they weren’t there. Willow was getting worried.

"My god, it’s much too late. Buffy should have been here over two hours ago."

Just then the door flew open and Buffy trembled in her clothes soaked in blood.

"God, Buffy what happened?"

"Um.. I’d say I had a collision with the evil side."

"Please Buffy, it’s not the time for joking. Let me take a look at your wounds."

Buffy let herself be helped onto the bed and started to take some of the clothes off but had to stop that because of the pains that shot through her body with every singe move. In the meanwhile Willow got the first aid kit and called Giles -actually she just pushed a button on the emergency pager but that was actually the same- and then used the scissors to cut off Buffy’s clothes to be able to aid her cuts.

"Ok, now tell me what had happened." Willow told Buffy.

She only sighed and then started to tell the story.

"I was just on my way back as I heard that scream from the woods. I started to run towards the sound and was suddenly on a clearing. There I saw something I never had seen before. A girl maybe 13 or 14 years old hanging in the air, seemingly by magic cause there was no rope there or anything, right over a blue fire that seemed to crawl up her legs and slowly eat her up. I started to run towards the girl to rescue her when I was suddenly hit by... Ouch that hurts..."

"Sorry"

"Well, as I was just telling, I was hit by something from the side. I was completely thrown out of balance and crashed into the grass, then I looked over to what had hit me and saw nothing. Then I got up and wanted to run to that girl when I suddenly ran into something and then I saw something. Well I thought that I had seen something cause it was kinda invisible. I saw some kind of distortion in the air and then I was hit again flying good ten feet back. Then I tried to hear it and could..." ...Buffy hissed... " ...and could say that something was there but I wasn’t really sure what or where. So I tried to close my eyes and only rely on what I heard. And it worked. Well at least a little cause I was able to beat that whateveritwas up and then I heard it run away. By the time I was finished with that THING and opened my eyes again the clearing was completely empty. No girl, no fire, no screams or whimpers. It was completely empty as if there had never been anything there."

"Hmm... you say everything was gone and that thing was invisible?" Giles asked startling Buffy, who had thought she was still alone with Willow. After she had started to tell what happened she had closed her eyes and had concentrated on Willow’s tender touch and how good it felt to be aided by her. She had used her warmth to forget the bruises and cuts and sores she had. And she was really surprised that Giles had made it to them so fast.

"Yeah that thing was invisible and as I left that clearing I really had the feeling that it was a trap and that I just surprised that demon enough to retreat and let me alone. I think that’s the only reason why I’m still here, alive."

She looked into Willow’s eyes and saw the worries in there and finally knew what that special secret was that she was holding. She smiled at her and let herself feel completely free and comfortable in Willow’s arms.

"Well it seems that we now at least have a clue what demon this could be that is here now and I really hope that it is the only one but I think that we won’t have so much luck this time. Willow you stay here and keep an eye over Buffy and Buffy you stay here. Don’t go back out and try to kill that thing alone. I’ll go to the library and start looking for any hints that may tell us what we have here and what we can do about it." he said taking he’s glasses off and starting to rub his eyes.

"Ok, sure, no problem. I’ll stay here with Will watching over me and you get the info. I need some rest anyway."

********

After Giles had left Buffy sat there looking at Willow almost staring at her. And she had a smile on her face that she only could have because she finally knew what was wrong with Willow. Well actually not wrong but different than in the past.

As Willow looked up from the cuts and bruises over Buffy’s body, almost lost into the smoothness of her skin and admiring how beautiful even the bruises on Buffy’s body were, and saw the smile and the look in Buffy’s eyes she knew that she didn’t have to worry about their friendship anymore. She saw that the old Buffy was back, the one she had fell in love to. But what then came shocked her more than anything else she had seen or heard before could ever have done.

To be continued...

----

...tell me how you like this one and I'll try to keep writing :)