Re: [buffyloveswillow] OT Question about A Slayer, A hacker

Diana Renee Bouvier wrote:

How often is the Website--A Slayer, A Hacker--updated? Is it the official Website of
the BuffylovesWillow list? The >>>reason I'm asking is because I would like to know who
won the awards. If there has been some kind of official awards >>>announcement on the
list I missed it! (My computer wouldn't let me attend the ceremony.)

As far as I know, there really isn't any sort of 'official' website for our lists.
Personally, if there were to be one, I'd put my money on AS AH. Jen updates frequently
and you can always find new story parts there as well as stories from when the list
began. A for the awards, our wonderful webmistress has been busy and will probably post
the results on the awards page. You can keep a look out for them here:
http://redrival.com/kindofloveyou/

Maybe someone should start a "real" newsletter for the two Buffy/Willow lists? Sort of
let us all know who won the >>>awards, who's pregnant, who is getting married, or sick or
has a broken leg or has a death in the family, so that we can all >>>support them
off-list. (Mailbox space being the key to off-list.:-))

Ehh..again, personally...there aren't really that many super off topic emails going
around. We're a close knit group and consist mostly of lurkers who just love to feed off
of the bards' offerings. With the handful of consistant authors, we mostly know what's up
in each other's lives and on-list support has always been welcomed. Rod's really not into
the 'rules' thing...this is a very laid back list compared to some and no one has ever
taken advantage of it.

While, the Sunnydale Times news reports started out as (IMHO) a bad joke, why not turn
it into the newsletter for this >>>community?
Okay, I'll go back to lurking.

Hrm...well...bad joke? The list has been quiet since Rod pulled his disappearing act. He
used to post weekly themes and challenges and the list was overflowing with fic. Shadow
and I being the twisted little bards that we are, came up with the idea of writting a
silly fic...just to keep the list amused and get some sort of discussion going. It was
not a 'bad joke' nor was it meant to be. It was simply meant to be fun and carefree and a
wonderful example of what happens when Shadow and I have too much time on our hands. Just
because it didn't have a title or author or part number, doesn't mean that it wasn't fic.

I have tried very hard to ignore the pointed comments from you in the past and address
them in an adult manner both on and off the list. In the final posting from 'Sunnydale
Weekly' everything was revealed and Shadow and I took full authorship for the posts. You
saying that it was a 'bad joke' can be taken no other way but as an insult. Criticizm is
wonderful when it is constructive. Shadow even emailed you privatly after you posted your
response to the first Sunnydale Weekly email and explained what was going on. You knew
throughout the postings that it was us doing it. I can't speak for Shadow but if you wish
to do so in the future I would appreciate you or anyone else sending a private email and
not advertising your displeasure with something that was written publicly on the list.
It's crap like this that makes me wonder sometimes why I even bother writing.

The answer to your question about a newsletter lies in my previous response. We are a
small band of bards...perhaps 20 or so out of 271 members on the BLW list and 365 on the
BWW list...and this is a relaxed atmosphere. If anyone wishes to share or vent or go way
off topic then they are welcomed to. Rod doesn't enforce rules. If it's order and
function you or anyone else seeks, then there are other lists that can fulfill that need.
We're pretty much a jeans and ratty old T-shirt operation here. *grin*

your humble bard,
~~Kimber
(sig is sleeping....but still on strike...blame Rod)