Hello, and a question

Hi everyone! I'm back from the brief vacation I took over the weekend;
I returned to 611 messages in my inbox, as the WillowSlash list
imploded upon itself. Even after all those have been deleted, I'm
still kinda behind on my email, so if you wrote, don't worry, I will
get back to you.

Pat, I just read the Epilogue for Who Am I, and I have to say it was
*excellent*. I was viciously happy to see Spike die. Muahahahaha.

Speaking of excellent epilogues, Kimber, thank you for not ending
Rocky Road at part 15. :) I can douse the torches now, and stow the
pitchforks for another occassion.

Now I have a quick question. Those who are familiar with Xena fanfic
know about the whole "Uber-Xena" movement; for those who aren't, I'll
just say that "Uber-Xena" stories are those which take two characters
very similar to Xena and Gabrielle, and place them in a different
setting (usually modern, but not always). These characters aren't
actually Xena and Gabrielle, but they look exactly like them and they
act similarly (depending on what is appropriate for the time period
they're in).

My question is, why haven't more (or at least some) of these same type
of stories been done with other fandoms, like Buffy? Or have they been
done, and I've missed them? I don't know about you guys, but I think
it would be cool to have a Buffy/Willow uber story set in ancient
Ireland (for example), where the Buffy character was a warrior, and
the Willow character a druid, both of whom share a special bond. Or a
Buffy/Faith uber story. I guess I'm wondering why this Xena
phenomenon hasn't carried over to other fandoms.

(Of course, the other advantages to uber stories are that they are
completely legal, you can write them for profit, and you don't have
to worry about fitting certain facts in to a canon universe.)

Just wondering what your impressions are.

Erin
--
Buffy: "Would you like to?"
Faith: "Wow. Think you can take me?"