Re: [buffyloveswillow] SPOILERS: "Where the Wild Things Are" and "Five by Five"

In a message dated 26/04/00 11:51:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AngelusBells@xxxxxxx writes:

<<
I was so, so happy with Xander in this ep. He has so been deserving more
screen action, and it's about damn time the writers gave him some, *without*
making him look dumb or useless (which the writers seem to think makes us
laugh harder--jeez, he's the comic relief, not the punching bag). Not only
was he Key Guy in stopping the Lowell House badness, but he kicked its ass.
Now, I don't know if the *characters* will actually begin treating him with
more respect (watching some old episodes recently made me realize what a
difference there was back then...his friends were actually nice to him and,
ye gads, complimented him!). I can always dream. At least he has Anya. Hey,
she may not understand the intricacies of human relationships, but she loves
him and cares about almost every single thought in his head. Speaking of
Anya, of course I have to mention how great she was in this episode. She was
completely adorable. "Woohoo!" Her moment of commiseration with Spike at the
Bronze was classic (I know Emma loved that scene).

Yes!! It's good to see the Xand-man getting some recognition. He's easily the
bravest character on the show. He's the only norm and yet he's there all the
time, risking his neck alongside vamps, wiccans, ex-demons, Watchers,
steroid-soldiers, and Slayers. No wonder all the demon babes go for him.
Maybe now I won't have to talk so hard and fast to keep certain fic writers
(you know who you are) from killing him off at every turn.

Dave
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."