Title: The Enemy of My Enemy (1/?)
Author: Shadowlander
Rating: PG17 - mainly for violence and language for right now.
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all associated characters
belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Productions, and Warner Bros., and
are used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended.
Spoilers: Let's see, Angel lost his soul, not to mention his mind, and
is making everyone's life miserable with that little obsession of his to
destroy the world. As well as
general stuff from the first season, mostly background information.
a very strange way when he annoys the wrong god. Oh yeah, and somewhere
along the way Drusilla becomes sane......er,..wel..saner then she has
been in a few centuries. Oh just read it.
Archive: If anyone wants to give this little monster a home go for it.
Just let me know, okay?

THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY (1/?)

Prologue:

Just for the record, it's not my fault!!! Sunnydale was one screwed up
town before I ever got there, the place sits upon a hellmouth for Gaia's
sake! How am I suppose to fix things and get fate back on track when I
got the undead conspiring to destroy everything? Its not like the
mortals are much help either, I mean come on, they got one girl in all
the world to battle the forces of darkness. And get this, they even
have some Watcher Council over in England, of all places, that is
suppose to train and record the Chosen One's battles. Oh, and it gets
even better, apparently they even have a Slayer's Handbook, a handbook!
Can you believe it, this whacked Council has a rule book for fighting
the forces of evil, and to top it off they actually expect this
poor kid, who has the misfortune of being the great Vampire Slayer, to
follow the damn thing. And yet, the Council wonders why they go through
so many Slayers,
this kid is trying to play by the rules when the opposition throw the
rule book out centuries ago. At least, this current Slayer has
potential, I mean she has survived a year as the Chosen One, even if she
did create a paradox when she died and was brought back. You know that
damn Council is laying all the blame on that poor Harris boy because he
had the misfortune of knowing CPR. Anywhere else, that
would be a good thing, but not in the little world of the Watchers and
certainly not in Sunnydale, California.

You know I can't even use the backup plan to help out the Slayer.
Apparently one of Athena's champions was born in the wrong time, a
mix-up by the Fates, so to fix it they had her vamped for some really
bizarre reason. I try not to think about the Fates and the reasoning
behind some of their decisions, it makes my life a lot easier in the
long run. But this move goes well beyond madness, they didn't choose
just any vampire to be her sire, no they chose the biggest manic in
Europe at the time, Angelus. The bastard drove her nuts before vamping
her. How am I suppose to work with an insane vampire, who talks to
dolls? The other three aren't much help either, Ati the goddess of
discord, has pretty much ensured that two of them grow up hating one
another and the third. Well, she's just troubled, she got named the
second Slayer, which should have never happened in the first place. The
kid just wasn't ready for that kind of responsibility. But all that is
pretty much a non-issue. Angelus the jerk is back, apparently the curse
got broken. I told them not to let a bunch of irate mortals do the
curse. Humans have always been a vengeful lot, even
when they are doing the rest of mankind a favour. The one thing I got
going in my favour is that Ati hasn't gotten to my champions, the bitch
wouldn't dare mess with Sito or Alexiares. I can work with them, but
first I need to get Athena's champions back on the right track. Trying
to undo the damage, without doing any time traveling. You'd think that
Zeus would allow me to bend the rules on that one, but no! I got to
work with what I got. The situation in Sunnydale is grim to put it
mildly, humanity's time on Mother Earth looks to be at its end unless
they get a
miracle fast. It's a good thing I'm the God of Luck and Lost Causes,
miracles are my specialty.

End Prologue.