Part: 2
Author: Cilia
E-mail: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Feedback: Oh yes with and extra order of complements.
friend might be just around the corner.

Born Again
Cilia
Chapter One

The sun came crashing in through the windows, streaking the apartment with
streaks of light and thoroughly annoying the bed's single occupant.
"Go away," Willow muttered and rolled out of the beam.
Outside the city was pulsing with its steady rhythm and the lights shone on
the mirror above her dresser, on it hung four pictures. The first, from top
to bottom, was of herself, her best friend Buffy and Buffy's watcher slash
mentor Rupert Giles taken two days before she'd left for the Old World to
teach and slay vampires on her own, the slay part took up the better part of
her time though. The second picture was black and white of a young man with
sharp features, blue eyes and bleached hair, Spike he had been fun, but
currently he was on walkabout something he said he did every decade or so to
refresh his feel for the world. This walkabout actually entailed burning
rubber from London to Moscow and get plastered in as many cities as
possible. The third picture was group shot of everyone that made up the
Scooby Gang, both active and reserve members, the four and final on was of
her parents, which they'd sent it to her on her twenty fourth birthday.
In the bed Willow rolled over and came face to face with what
she'd declared loudly to be the most hated object in her apartment. The
alarm clock.
"Eleven AM, school, teaching" then her brain made the
connection, "Class!" she exclaimed and jumped out of the bed.
Clothes came sailing from the drawers and landed on the bed. Blouse, jeans,
bra, panties, shoes.
"Shoes." she said in a panicky voice and dove under the bed.
She dressed in hurry, putting the blouse on inside out, tripping over a
stake as she pulled on the jeans and the hobbling into the kitchen while
putting on the left shoe.
"Laptop." she stated as she closed the laptop on the kitchen
table.
"Coffee." she mumbled and dumped two spoonfuls of instant coffee
into her "As matter of fact I am a rocket scientist" mug.
"Car keys." she said thoughtfully, looked around and spotted
the keys on upright stake on the counter. Out the door she went, grabbing a
black leather jacket with her, down the stairs and onto the street.
"Hot seat, hot seat," she exclaimed when she sat into the car.
She pulled out onto the street, there never was much traffic in the street
where she'd made her home. It was in one of the oldest part of the city and
it only went one way, it came to an end at plaza, where on every Sunday
there was a market. The houses weren't tall only two stories, maybe three
and sometimes she could swear that time stood still here, but today it was
moving way too fast.
She pulled into the University parking lot with a shriek and the
students and teachers alike smiled as she ran past them, the fact that she
was always in the nick of time was the stuff of staff room legends. She came
to a stop in front of her lecture room, she ran a hand through her hair,
took down the sunglasses and put on her teaching glasses. The sign said
Professor Rosenberg, advanced computer theory.
"Morning Professor Rosenberg," her class greeted as she walked
into the room.
"Morning class," she replied as she placed her laptop on the
desk, two roses and three apples adorned her desk.
"Now last time we were talking about fractal mathematics and how
they could apply to codes and code breaking." she started her teaching.
As soon as the class was over, she was out the door and back on the road.
Now heading for the Church Library, on of the main reasons she'd decided on
this city.
A large black car with darkened windows drove past her on the
way there. She looked as if in thought for a moment, but then shook her
head.
"No this isn't the Hellmouth and therefore hellmouthy things don
't happen here," she said to herself.
Behind her the same black car, did a U-turn and stopped traffic for miles
behind it. The driver just ignored the shouts and honks and drove on.
"I think this years walkabout is at an end," the driver said to
himself. Back at Willow's apartment the black and white picture of Spike
came lose.

TBC....