FIC: I'd Do Anything

Title: I'd Do Anything
Author: Pat Kelly
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Joss and Mutant Enemy only. I do not own. ."I Would Do Anything For Love(But I
Won't Do That)" is by Meatloaf and Jim Steinman.
No money is being made.

I'D DO ANYTHING

"Why are you guys being so quiet?" Buffy asked her friends as they walked to the Bronze.

It had been a few weeks since Faith had fled Sunnydale and Buffy had broken up with Riley.
It wasn't so much that she was angry with him for sleeping with Faith, who was "her"
really, but seeing Faith again alive and well, made her remember things she had tried to
repress.

Despite the anger Faith put forth, she was had been happy, though she didn't realize it at
the time, to see the other slayer out of the hospital. There had been feelings between the
two of them once, and she didn't know what to do. By the time she had decided to try and
get over her fears, Faith was on her way over to the darkness.

But when they got back in their bodies, for that split second, it was there. Both of their
barriers had been down with that look. The feelings were there and she had forgiven her.
Everything else wasn't important. She saw Faith's eyes. There might have been confusion,
but there wasn't the insane evil inside her that the gang thought she had.

Just like the past, though, neither of them said a thing. And Faith, broken, took off. The
second chance gone, vanished, bye forever. She couldn't stay with Riley after that. The
sex thing just happened to be a valid reason. So now she was miserable. At least before
she knew where Faith was. Now she had no idea, and that had been leaving an unsettling
feeling in her stomach ever since the whole ordeal.

"Quiet?" Willow asked. "Who's being quiet?"

"I'm talkative." Tara said.

"We're all a bunch of chatter boxes. Right Anya?" Xander said.

"Whatever." Anya sighed.

This was the most time she had spent with her friends in awhile. They had been somewhat
scarce, and she hadn't got to see them much. When she did, sometimes they seemed
distracted, sometimes even a little angry at something. And it wasn't just the group. It
was Giles too. Whenever she tried to press, they assured her everything was fine. She was
usually satisfied with that because her mind was generally on Faith.

Now, they all appeared to really be fine, and somewhat nervous. She had no idea why, but
she got the feeling that if she did ask, they wouldn't tell her.

"Ready for Bronzing fun?" Willow asked, as they approached the door.

"You bet." Buffy said, half-heartedly.

"Don't think we can't see the black cloud, missy." Xander admonished her.

"Got something to make it go away?"

"Maybe." Tara said cryptically.

***

An hour in the club and her mood hadn't changed one iota. They had sat at the couch that
was closest to the stage, and Oz and the Dingoes were playing. Just as she was all set to
pack it in, well maybe she'd patrol before going to the dorm, all the lights went out.
Senses immediately on alert, the first thing she thought was that some baddie had cut the
power and was going to eat them all. She could be pessimistic at times.

"Willow? Xander? Tara? Anya?" She asked, calling for her friends.

None of them answered, and she really began to worry. Then a spotlight switched on,
shining down on a microphone. It was all Buffy could see. Then she heard the click of
shoes that meant someone was walking across the stage. Then, behind the Mic, appeared
someone she never thought she'd see again.

Faith stood there wearing a sparkling midnight black dress with shoulder straps and
matching heels. She smiled.

"Whatdaya think, B? Usually not my style, but I figured I'd try something new."

Buffy was frozen. "What's going on?"

Faith laughed. "Always trying to get a grasp on the situation. Just enjoy the ride for
once." Faith removed the microphone from its secured holder, and held it in her hand.
"Bare with me, okay?"

Buffy nodded silently.

"Oh&what you said before? All that stuff? You're right. It doesn't have to be like that
anymore. I know that now."

Out of the darkness, Buffy heard a piano began to play. And then Faith began to sing.

"And I would do anything for love, anything for love,
"I'd run right into hell and back,
"I would do anything for love,
"I'd never lie to you and that's a fact, but I'll never forget the way you
feel right now,"

"Oh, I would do anything for love, oh no, no way,
"And I would do anything for love, but I won't do that,
"No, I won't do that,
"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that,
"No, I won't do that,"

The music sped up, and Faith gave her a sly smile and a wink. Buffy just sat there
mesmerized. Faith was really into it, and she could really sing. Somewhere in the back of
her mind, Buffy knew it was partly because it was directed at her.

"Some days it don't come easy,
"Some days it don't come hard,
"Some days it don't come at all, and these are the days that never end,
"Some nights you're breathing fire,
"Some nights you're carved in ice,
"Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before or will again,"

"Maybe I'm crazy, but it's crazy and it's true,
"I know you can save me, no-one else can save me now but you,
"As long as the planets are turning,
"As long as the stars are burning,
"As long dreams are coming true,
"You'd better believe it, that I would do,"

She continued to listen, as Faith walked off the stage and up to her. The spotlight had
switched to the both of them, and Buffy glanced down at her clothes. They matched what
Faith was wearing, and then her hand was being reached for. She put her hand in Faith's,
and they started to walk back to the stage.

"I would do anything for love, and I'll take a vow and seal a pact&as long as
the wheels are turning&as long as the fires are burning&as long as your prayers are coming
true&I would do anything for love, and there'll never be no turning back&"

When they got on the stage, Faith reached for another microphone, and handed it to Buffy.

"I can't sing!"

Faith simply continued.

"Oh, I would do anything for love,
"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that,
"No, I won't do that,"

Buffy closed her eyes and began.

"Will you raise me up? Will you help me down?
"Will you get me right out of this godforsaken town?
"Will you make it all a little less cold?"

Faith smiled. "I can do that, I can do that,"

Buffy's nervousness faded. "Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?
"Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?
"Can you make it all a little less old?"

"I can do that, oh no, I can do that,"

"Will you make me some magic with your own two hands?
"Will you build and emerald city with these grains of sand?
"Can you give me something I can take home?"

"I can do that, I can do that,"

"Will you cater to every fantasy I got?
"Will you hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?
"Will you take me places I've never known?"

Faith grinned, and pulled Buffy close. "I can do that, oh no, I can do that,"

Buffy stared into her eyes, there were tears now.

"After a while you'll forget everything,
"It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling,
"And you'll see that it's time to move on,

"I won't do that, I won't do that,"

"I know the territory, I've been around,
"It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down,
"Sooner or later you'll be screwing around,"

Faith shook her head. "I won't do that, no, I won't do that,"

The last chorus of the song was got off as Faith kissed Buffy. The blonde wrapped her
arms around Faith as she willing reciprocated. The lights came on and everyone cheered,
but the reunited slayers didn't hear a thing.

***

Buffy opened her eyes to find Faith looking at her with a grin on her face.

"You had it again, didn't you?" She asked a now awake Buffy.

"Uh huh. I joined in this time."

Faith got up off the bed shaking her head. "That dream is so messed up."

"I happen to enjoy it."

"Don't get me wrong, B. I'd do anything for your love, but there's no way in hell I'd do
THAT." Faith said with a smile.

Buffy chucked a pillow at her. "I should cause you pain."

"Did I mention I loved you?" Faith asked in fear of Buffy's wrath.

Buffy grinned. "Don't worry. I won't do that."