Fic: "Immortal Love" part 1

Ok for all: this fic needs HTML coding for some of the formatting I used. If you cannot recieve it correctly or if youhave other problems then mail me privatley and I''ll send you a HTML page to look on, ok?

Hope you all enjoy this one *g*

Title: "Immortal Love"

Author: Quindo Ma
E-mail: quindo-ma@xxxxxx
.

Pairing: Buffy - Willow
Rating: PG-13

Story copyright: May 3rd 2000 (this part)

Spoilers: Spoilers for season 3 'til grad day1 / 2, idea and fact spoilers for season 4 and Angel: the Series.

Note to the story: Follows "A connected Love", you will have to read that to understand the storyline

Beta note: Thanx to Joachim Irgens for beta reading. If anyone else wants to beta one of my fics in future then mail me.

Feedback: All I can get...any comments (positive and negative) are welcome at quindo-ma@xxxxxx
. FLAMES will all be deleted and consequently ignored!!

Disclaimer: Buffy, Willow and co. belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Inc., etc. etc., I just know I don't own them.
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENED
The Story, although, is mine. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archive: Up to now, I know that my fics are archived here:
Bill's Bubblegum Crisis (Buffy page) (not online yet there) Never Never Land

Immortal Love

Epilogue: Chaos and Order

We live in a place born out of the Powers of Order and Chaos. A universe created because in the perfect order of nothing a spark of chaos has ignited the flame of time.

We live in a universe, controlled by three forces. Order,Chaos, and the Essence of Life, Changing and Evolution.

In the beginning the Essence was weak and needed time to develop itself, and for that had no way to stop the war that started between the Forces of Order and Chaos.

Many other universes were destroyed before the essence was strong enough to do something. All of them were destroyed because one of the two Forces had overthrown the other. Either it collapsed because the Power of Order won, and all things came to a halt, or it burst because too many things changed at the same time because the Power of Chaos had won.

But in some, this didn't happen. In those both Forces were equal and neither of them were able to destroy the other. It was in those universes that the Essence had enough time to do what it was supposed to do:

It created life, it changed the ways the Forces acted andit helped everything to evolve.

By the time the Essence started doing its thing, most of the universes were already in the phase of creating stars and planets. The Essence created Realms and spread them over the planets and the empty space betweenthe stars. Not all realms were able to create life as we know it, but they all lived in their own kind of way. The way these realms are built up, modern science would call them dimensions. But they were so much more.

The Essence also changed the ways the Forces thought. TheForces didn't think of bringing order or chaos to the universes they were in, but they started to strive for power. The Power of Order changed and started to become the Power of Light, Life and Healing. The Power of Chaos changed and becamethe Power of Darkness, Death, and Disease. And their war continued. The Power of Light was able to resurrect their fallen soldiers, the Power of Darkness arose the dead ones to fight for them. It was a war that both were unable to win.It was the Eternal War.

The Essence is the protector of the Universe. Some call it the Powers That Be. Others call it fate. But whatever you call it, it is the only thing that stands between the Powers of Light and Darkness and the total destruction of this universe. Both Forces are not really what they seem to the human eye. All they want is the power to overthrow the other one and gain control over this universe. And they would both do ANYTHING to be able to do that.

If one of the Forces manages to take the powers the Mortal Realm holds, and use it against the other Force, it will then end everything. Andthe only ones able to stop it are the fighters and protectors of the Mortal Realm. But they will need help to fight, against both Forces if it comes to that....

And the Essence will provide that help to ensure that itsown destiny is completed....

Chapter 1: Just a meeting of friends

"You can do it... yes, just a little more... now come on,just concentrate."

"I am trying my best, but if you keep disturbing me I'll never make it."

"Hey, calm down. I'm only trying to cheer you on."

"Sorry. This is just a little hard for me. I didn't even know about what powers I have until just about two weeks ago, and now I'm tryingto 'beam' us from one side of the room to the other."

"You can do it Will. I know it. And I'm here to help you.You know that without me you wouldn't even be able to do this. Concerning both the power of this spell, and the time you needed to achieve this status."

"Yes, I know. I also know that without me you wouldn't have been able to slay that Cheetah-Demon. You wouldn't have had the speed for it, I hope you keep that in mind."

"Yessss..." Buffy hissed.

It had been only three weeks since Buffy and Willow had started the relationship, and only two weeks since they had first talked to the 'first two'. They had learned a lot up to now, but they were still at the very beginning. And they needed training. And that was what this whole thing wasfor: training.

"Ok, let's try again. Come on, it's not that difficult. Well, not for my little wicca to be."

"Hey! I'm not that bad. I can do quite a lot already." She raised her hands and Buffy started floating towards the ceiling, eventually banging her head against it.

"Ouch... now THAT was not necessary. You know I was just joking." Willow giggled. She always liked to show Buffy who was the one with the magic abilities.

"Could you please let me back down, or is that too much to ask for?"

"Sure, no problem." Willow stopped the spell and Buffy fell the six feet from the ceiling, "Ahhh...", landing on her butt. Willow tried to suppress a grin but failed. Still giggling she added, "Sorry"

"I don't need your apologies. But next time let me halfway down, or at least warn me before you just stop."

"You wanted to come back to earth, not me."

"Now that is something I don't believe."

"What?"

"That you didn't want me back on earth." Buffy said planting a fast kiss on Willow's lips before sitting back.

"Now would you mind if we continue the spell? I don't have any interest in banging my head against the ceiling, just because my redheaded hacker wants to boost her ego."

Still smiling Willow sighed and started to concentrate onthe spell again.

"No interjections this time."

"Promise."

"Ok here we go..."

Willow closed her eyes and started to chant, a low red glow emanated from her that slowly began to grow in strength and intensity. It didn't take long until it surrounded both, and within a split second Buffy saw a bright flash that almost blinded her.

"Did we make it? I mean, did the spell work? ... Will?"

Buffy was still blinded from the flash as she heard her.

"Oh, shit. I...um... I think it did work, yes. It definitely worked but... well...not as it was supposed to do."

"What the heck do you mean?" Buffy was slowly getting hersight back.

"OH, SHIT!"

"I already said that. You don't have to play parrot."

"What to do now?"

"Well I'd say, first of all we stand up and get away fromhere. I don't think that those people know what happened, and I really don't like their stares."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's get away."

They both stood up and went into the next café they found.

"So where do you think are we? We have many lights here but I didn't see anything I recognized. I suppose this is not Sunnydale...hmmm maybe one of the larger cities near Sunnydale. What do you think?"

Willow didn't answer and Buffy looked at her and noticed that she was staring at something. She turned her head and froze immediately as she saw what Willow was staring at.

"Hi, Buffy... Willow. To what do I owe the honor of your visit?"

"Angel..." Buffy exhaled.

Angel looked at the two girls in front of him turning from one face to the other.

"Anyone who wants to give me an answer?"

"Well I suspect that we are in LA then. God, I had no idea how strong that spell was."

"Spell? What are you talking about?"

"Ummm... this is a bit complicated, but to say it short, I have tried a spell and it sort of went wrong"

"Sort of? What kind of spell was it?"

"A teleport spell. It was supposed to teleport us from one side of the room to the other, for experimental purposes you know. But we landed here, just outside down the street."

"You did what?"

"I have cast a teleport spell. Now don't say you don't know what that is. Oh... right, I forgot. You don't know the happenings of the last three weeks, do you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, that is a rather long story. You mind if we go somewhere more private?" Buffy asked.

"Sure, no problem. We can go back to my office."

"Your office?" both girls asked in unison following Angelout of the café.

"Yeah, I'm now helping the people here. I have a sort of private detective office running."

"Sort of?"

"Well... it's not really an open private office. It is more for those that have problems with the local demonworld. I'm out dusting a few of the vampires here and there, and helping the people that have unwanted encounters with them."

"I see... and where is your office?"

"Just around the corner."

They walked a few blocks and finally stopped in front of a large warehouse.

"You'll never change, will you? Still living in such places." Buffy remarked.

"Well, I have my office in a room in the first floor, andmy apartment is in the basement. It's safe and has no windows, so I don't haveto fear the sunlight. It is a nice place if you are accustomed to such things."

"And you definitely are."

They walked inside and Angel headed towards the office.

"Wait here, I just have to tell Doyle that I have some guests and make sure he won't disturb us."

"Doyle? Who's that?" Willow asked.

Angel just pointed to the man standing in the office, watching them.

"I'll be right back." he promised, and climbed the steps to his office.

Chapter 2: Tell him?

Angel was sitting in the TV-seat and was listening to thetwo girls... 'No, not girls anymore. Women. They are women now.' he corrected himself... who were sitting on the couch opposite of him. He had noticed that they seemed to be together in some sort of way, even now, before they had said anything about it. It was the way they looked at each other, the way they touched. It was gentle, caring, and tender. It was a loving touch he had seen the first time they held hands. He had always known that they were something special to each other. And he was happy to see that they were happy. But hewas also sad. Sad because of the things that had happened before. The things that the demon in him had done. Angelus knew how much they would do for each other. And Angel was sad that he couldn't prevent it. But all of this was in the past, and now he was happy to see them this way.

He noticed that sometimes they stopped talking and lookedat each other. Their faces expressing the most different things, as they seemed to share a silent talk that only the two of them were able to understand. He didn't know what they shared, but he kept still on the seat, watching and waiting for them to end the silent conversation and inform him about the next detail in their small story.

'I will NOT tell him about them, and there is no way you can convince me to do so, Willow.'

'If you don't do it, I will.'

'No you won't. I don't want him to know. It is hard enough for me to accept those dreams. I don't want him to worry about it too. I have told you this because I trust you, because we are soul mates, but Angel andI are over. This has nothing to do with him, and I don't want this to change.'

'Ok, ok...I won't tell him about them. Not until you are ready for it. But you know that we should at least tell him about us. I mean --over or not-- THAT has something to do with him.'

'Yeah... it has. Can you do it? Please? I don't think I'll be able to. Over or not, he was my first love, and it is hard to tell him sucha thing.'

'Sure Buffy, no problem. You know I care for you and that I can't deny you such a plea.'

'Thanks Willow.'

"Angel..."

"Yes?"

"You know... about me and Buffy... our... friendship has... you know, changed."

"If you mean that you and Buffy are now together as a couple, then... well, I suspected that as I saw how you acted around each other."

"And you're not mad or something about it?"

"NO...no, I couldn't be. Buffy deserves a happiness in her life that I can't give, and I'm glad that she has found it with you. You two always had more than a normal friendship together. It was a natural thing that you found each other."

"You don't know how right you are." Buffy muttered to herself.

"Hmmm? What do you mean?"

'Shall we tell him? I mean he will find it out sooner or later, but should we tell him now?'

'I can't see what else we could do. He knows about us,and if we tell him, he can't be mad at us. I mean if he hears about it from somebody else, then he could get mad at us for not telling him, and I don't want himto be-'

'WILL, stop babbling. God, even when you think you don't stop doing that.' Buffy saw the hurt look in Willow's eyes. 'Sorry, that wasn't meant that way. Willow, I'm really sorry. Will you forgive me? Pleeeaaaseee?'

Buffy set up her best pouty face and her best apologizinglook and leaned closer to her lover.

"Please Willow, I really love you and you know that. Can you forgive me for being a bad girl?" she whispered.

Willow leaned in and placed a kiss on Buffy's lips. It was all the answer the slayer needed.

Angel, who was slowly getting uncomfortable having to watch this, cleared his throat to tell them that he was still there. Both girls looked over to him and smiled.

"Show him."

"What?"

'Your abilities. Just a little of your mojo.'

"Oh, yeah, ok."

Willow looked through the room and spotted the little refrigerator in the corner.

"Angel, you want something to drink?"

He wanted to say 'no thanks' when he noticed that the refrigerator door opened. He wanted to stand up and close it but Buffy shook her head. Then he saw one of the blood packs being lifted off its hook, and sawhow it floated towards him. He picked it out of the air and looked over at Willow. She just smiled and blushed a little.

"And I always thought that such a comfort would only be found in Doyle's apartment."

Both girls raised their brows. "Doyle's apartment?"

"Well, a long story, but to say the short facts, there isa ghost in there and he helps us a little. You know, hands us drinks, and does this or that. A few small things you normally don't want to do."

"Oh"

"So... you can let things float that are a little bigger than a pencil now? Was that what you wanted to show me?"

"Actually it was just something I can do without a lot of concentration by now. I.... we have made a few discoveries in the past three weeks and my grown magic abilities are only one of them."

Angel listened as they told him the whole story. From thefirst fight against the Illusion Weaver scout, the first shared kiss, Birgit and Christopher, and their destiny. Willow sometimes did a little spell to showhim what they meant. Like moving some of his furniture, or creating a fireball in her hand. Just to make sure he knew how strong they were. Buffy in turn showed him a little of her speed by standing next to him before he even noticed that she had stood up. All after all, it was a little fun time for them. A few jokes, a little small talk about what they had done in the past since they had split up. They had in fact so much fun that they didn't notice how fast the time passed.

"Oh my god, Buffy it's half past 6... in the morning. Giles must be missing us. I mean, we were in his house when we cast the spell, and if he doesn't find us then he'll get worried and-"

'Willow...'

"Oh, sorry."

"Nothing to apologize for. Angel, can we call Giles from here? Just to let him know that we are safe."

"Sure, the phone is over there."

Buffy stood up and took the phone in her hand. Willow hadagain played a little with her abilities, and had picked the phone up and dialed the number. Buffy just gave her a look and waited for Giles to answer the phone.

"Xander? Did you find them?"

"Giles, it's me."

"Buffy? Where the hell are you. We've been looking the whole night for you two."

"Well, we have tried a spell and the effect was a little larger than we thought, and we landed in LA and-"

"In LA? How did you get there?"

"Giles, I'm trying to explain, but I can't if you interrupt me. As I already said, the spell effect was a little larger than we thought. We tried a teleport spell and, well, we landed here in LA. We have met Angel and we have talked a little about this and that and forgot all about the time. Sorry that we didn't call you earlier. Are you ok now?"

"Yes, yes, I'm feeling much better now. But... but how will you come back? I mean-"

"Just a second Giles. ...Angel, you think you could driveus back? I mean, we came here without anything we'd need."

"Sure"

"Ok, thanks. ...Giles? Angel will drive us back. We should arrive in about 3 hours. We'll see you then ok?

"Ok. Bye Buffy."

"Bye Giles."

"So?"

"Giles has really sent out the whole gang to look for us." Buffy said with a small grin. " I think they have looked all night for us."

Willow giggled. "Well, I think we have a major Giles talkbefore us."

"Yeah. Ummm... are you ready? I mean to drive back."

"Sure. Angel?"

"Just a minute. You two go up, and I'll talk to Doyle fora minute. All after all, if we leave he has to do the whole work here for a day. I just want to make sure he's fine with that."

"Ok. We'll wait upstairs."

Scene of the week from NMR:
(Warning: Contains spoilers for NMR and torture from Joss)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Willow: "Tara, I have to tell you-"
Tara: "No, I understand, you have to be withthe person you l-love."
Willow (smiling): "I am."
Tara: "You mean..?"
Willow: "I mean. Okay?"
Tara (breathlessly): "Oh yes!"
Willow: "I feel horrible about everything I've put you through. And I'm going to make it up to you. Starting right now."
Tara (dry-mouthed): "Right now?"
Willow nods. Tara blows out the candle. Executive Producer Joss Whedon.