FIC: Kismet (Part I of V) repost from buffyloveswillow

Pat Kelly's earlier story, Chatting reminded me of a story a friend wrote for
me. We were complaining how there wasnt enuff buffy/willow fic on the net and
decided to write our own.. SHE did the writing.. I just supplied the ideas so
no way in hell am I claiming this story for myself.. just passing it along for
others reading pleasure. Sadly the friend that wrote the story and I are no
longer in touch, so if anyone is interested on seeing the story continued, i
would attempt to try to continue it.. even though I aint no writer.. *chuckles*
SO here goes... happy reading!

Disclaimers: The characters of Buffy and gang belong to Josh Whedon and Mutant
Enemy. This story is just for reading pleasure.. not profit. If the idea of
two female characters in love offend ya, then discontinue reading and go read
something else. That';s bout it.. on with the story! Apologies for the crude
beta-reading and/or spelling/grammar errors.. Im worse at beta reading than Im
at writing!

KISMET
Copyrighted by: JLA November 1998

Willow brought her hands up to her eyes, and rubbed them again. Her fingers
hurt from clicking for hours, and her ass didn?t feel much better. She had
spent the last three hours looking up some such nonsense for Giles, and she
ruefully thought why she even did these things anyway.

Because, her little voice told her, you want to help Buffy. . . any way you
can. . .

She rubbed her hand through her hair, and scrolled down the page again. The
computer screen blinked ominously at her, and she scowled. Usually, she could
find anything on the Internet in less than 10 minutes, but this time, her quarry
eluded her.

?Sure, Old dependable Willow, always staying behind and doing the dirty work.?

She mumbled to herself. She rose from her chair, and grabbed her books off the
shelf. Just as she was about to turn around and call it a night, her foot
caught in the chair legs, and with a startled yelp, she dropped all her books on
her keyboard, and fell to the floor.

?Oh, great. This is just great.?

She said from her place in the floor. She untangled her feet from the chair,
and sighed. ?Just Face it Willow Rosenberg, you will never be graceful like. .
.? Her thoughts trailed off, consumed by one name, one person. Buffy. . .
?Alright Wills, get a grip. . .? Using her hands, she pushed herself up off
the floor, and began gathering her books from on top of the keyboard. Thats
when she noticed that somehow, the screen had changed. She sat down and read
the words scrawling across the screen in bold pink and purple. ?A chat site. .
. I just stumbled on to a chat site. . . Chats are good. . . People can talk
to one another. . . Nothing serious, or personal. . . Just people. . .
Chatting . . .? Her curiosity getting the best of her, she clicked on the ?18
to enter? logo, and waited to be let in the room. That?s when she noticed that
this wasn?t an ordinary chat room.

?You. . .? Crash. ?Just. . . don?t. . .? Thud. ?Know. . .? Pop. ?When
to give up!? Bang.

Buffy sucked in a breath, and brought her elbow up to the neck of the latest
vampire she was fighting. This move effectively gave her the distance needed to
grab the stake by her left foot, and plunge it into her victim. He then
disappeared in a burst of dust, and she wiped her hands on her jeans. ?Yeah,
well, someone has to do it. . .? She straightened her jacket over her
shoulders, and began to dust herself off. She ran her fingers through her hair
in an attempt to straighten it, and she started walking home. She yawned
quietly, and brought her hand up to her mouth.

Been a long day. . . She casually jumped the curb and crossed the street
heading home. First I woke up late, and was late for class. Then Giles
proceeded to keep me after class talking about something or other, and then
there was Willow. Her thoughts took a distractive turn as she rounded the
corner, and it was beginning to surprise her. She wore that cute little button
down shirt again. It looks so good with her hair, and not to mention her bre. .
. ?Wait a minute here Buff. . .? Her thoughts had brought her to a complete
stop and she shook her head trying in vain to clear it. ?Time for a subject
change. . .? She muttered to herself as she started walking again. Got to get
started on that paper that was due last week. Don?t know how much longer I can
hold out on that. Maybe I can get Wills to help me. She is good at that kind
of stuff, well, she is good at everything she does. The Slayer smiled as she
bounded up the walk to her front door. I love the way she smiles, it lights up
her whole face, and that laugh. . . Buffy casually opened up the front door,
and called out for her mother. After getting no response, she realized that she
was gone for the rest of the week at some convention, and she would be home
alone. She headed up the stairs, stripping all the way up, and headed straight
for the shower.

?You have got to be kidding me. . .? Willow said with a smirk as she read the
words flying across the screen. She had been sitting here for the past hour
just reading what the other occupants were saying, the pain in her backside long
forgotten. She had become engrossed in a conversation by a person named
freetail, and another person called Viper about the do?s and don?ts of fisting.
Of course, the redhead had no idea what fisting was, but after a few more
minutes of reading, she thought she had the gist.
She thought that somewhere, being in a lesbian chat room should bother her,
maybe tip her morals a little bit, but it didn?t. The fact that she still had
morals after what she had seen and done was a feat in itself, and she figured
that the live and let live philosophy was the way to go in this case.
And you are enjoying yourself. . . and the conversation. She ruefully stated to
herself. She yawned and looked at the clock. Better get to bed, have class
tomorrow. She thought as she book marked the site with a quick click, and
flipped of the screen. She casually went through the motions of getting ready
for bed with a detached mind. I can?t wait to tell Buffy about this. . . Wait.
. . I can?t tell her about this. . . She will think. . .well. . . I don?t know
what she would think. . . But you can?t tell anyone. . . She flipped off the
lights and walked to her bed, laid down and closed her eyes. Tomorrow you need
to get Buffy to do that paper she has been neglecting, and maybe go stay with
her for awhile. Joyce is out of town, and she might get lonely. . . Her
thoughts of her best friend carried her into sleep.

?Damn. . .? Buffy said as she heard the beeping of a busy signal in her ear.
?Wonder who Wills is talking to this late.? She said as she settled down in the
bed. Could be anyone. Maybe Xander. . Yeah, its most likely Xander. . .
They had that little thing in English they were paired up for. . . Or maybe its
Cordelia. . . Nah . . Somehow, I really doubt that. . . It has to be Xander .
. . Maybe its Oz. . .
The blonde shuddered at the irrational stab of jealously that went through her
at the though of her best friend talking with Oz so late at night. Even though
the fledgling relationship didn?t work out, there was still something that kept
them good friends. Buffy was amazed at how much this bothered her. The ringing
of the phone startled her, and she grabbed the phone with a shaking hand.

?Wills?? She barked into the receiver.
?Well, hello to you to.? Said the distinctively male voice over the phone.
?Xander. It?s late. You need something??
?Nope, I just wanted to see how the patrol went tonight. Anything interesting
happen??
?No, just the same thing. Have you spoken to Willow tonight??
?No, I haven?t seen her since after school. And. . . Uh. . I was sorta on the
phone with Cordy for awhile, so. . .?
?Well, I was just wondering. See you tomorrow Xander. . . Night.?
?Night.?

The slayer hung up the phone, and settled back down into bed. She looked at the
clock and faintly wrestled with herself over trying Willow?s number again, but
decided against it. She closed her eyes, and thought of her best friend until
she slipped into a dreamless sleep.

?Hey!! Why don?t you watch where you are going?? The redhead said to the
swiftly retreating back of the person that knocked into her. ?Some people are
so rude. . .? She mumbled to herself, and kept walking through the halls. Her
steps carried her to the outer door to the library, and she looked at her watch.
This is was Cordiela dubbed a working lunch, where they would all meet in the
library to do their briefing, also another word Cordiela came up with. She held
her breath and listened through the door. Buffy?s voice came out at her, and
she felt her heart rate increase, and her palms sweat. Oh just great. . . Now
you are going to go in there with these goo goo eyes, and. . . The abrupt
opening of the door she was leaning on interrupted her thoughts. Startled green
eyes met brown.

?Buffy. . . I was just fixing to come in. . .?

Willow felt the familiar pain in her chest as the slayer favored her with one of
her smiles. ?That?s a good thing.? The blonde said. ?Because I was coming to
look for you. What was going on last night.? Buffy asked as she grabbed Willow
?s elbow and led her into the room. Willow shuddered at the sensation of the
slayer?s hand warming her elbow, and she cleared her throat. ?Oh, well, Giles
had asked me to see what i could come up with on monsters on a lunar calendar on
the Internet, and i guess that i just lost track of time. ? Willow smiled one of
those unsure, hesitant smiles and Buffy felt her heart start to pound, and she
smiled back. ?I guess that I can forgive you then. . .? The slayer said, as
they sat down at the table where everyone was sitting.

Willow let her eyes travel around the room as the group talked. She took in how
close Cordiela and Xander sat, and how they kept touching each other. Never
thought that would work out. . . Stranger things have happened. She saw Giles,
and the little beads of sweat that were popping up on his top lip, as what
happens sometimes when he was extremely vemenient in whatever he was talking
about. And then she drank in the sight of Buffy. The slayer was wearing a
soft, pale blue sweater with black pants. The sweater was form fitting, and
hugged her in all the right places. Buffy?s eyes were following Giles as he
talked, and she noted the little smirk that her full lips curved into. Her
brown eyes flicked back and forth watching the conversation, and her blonde hair
was falling softly around her striking features.
Willow sighed inwardly, and took a stock of what she was wearing. Her denim
overalls were too big on her, and they hid her shape in a shroud of blue, and
her white turtleneck underneath just hinted at her breasts. How can i even
compare to her. . . She is so beautiful. . . A movement caught Willow?s eye,
and she looked down to see Buffy?s thumb brush across the label of the bottled
water she was drinking. Willow felt faint, but she couldn?t tear her eyes away
from the sight of Buffy?s thumb rubbing back and forth collecting, and smearing
the wet condensation across the side of the plastic.
A loud boom startled her, and she looked up to see Giles glaring at her.
?Willow. Didn?t you hear what I just said?? The impatient Watcher said to the
redhead, and Willow took a deep breath. ?I. . . I?m sorry. . .I guess that i am
just not feeling well. . .? Willow gathered her books and made a beeline for
the door. ?Willow, where are you going?? The watcher asked as Willow clamored
towards the door. ?I. . . I don?t know. . .? She said as she tore out the
door. Buffy stared at the space where just moments before her best friend
occupied, and she stood up. ?I am going to go check on her.? And the slayer
slipped out the door before anyone could protest.

Willow made her way to her locker, and she dumped her books unceremoniously
inside, and leaned her head against the frame. What?s going on with me. . . I
can?t think. . . I can?t sleep. . . I can?t eat. . . I can?t do anything but. .
. Feel. She closed her eyes at the onslaught of tears that threatened to
consume her. I feel so much, and i don?t even understand this. ?Hey. . .? A
soft touch on her shoulder, and the soft voice startled her and she jumped,
hitting her head against the frame that she was leaning on, and the tears that
threatened to spill over in frustration then spilled from pain. The redhead saw
stars, and she grabbed her head. ??Wills? Are you alright??

?Yeah, i just cracked my head open, but I am alright.? The redhead said as she
shut the locker and leaned against it heavily. The tears now ran down her
cheeks, and she opened her eyes at the incredibly soft touch of the slayers
fingers on her cheeks. She opened her eyes, seeing Buffy looking at her
intensely, and then looking down at the wetness on her fingers. ?I don?t think
that these are for hitting your head. What?s wrong Wills?? Willow just sighed
and tried to turn around, having a need to get away from that gaze reaching deep
inside, and twisting her guts. This isn?t helping . . .

Buffy sighed at the sad look that passed over Willow?s face. ?You can tell me,
you are my best friend you know.?

?Nothing. . . Its nothing. . . I just haven?t been feeling well lately, and i
have so much to do, and things are just not going as planned. . .?

?I know that feeling.? The slayer said with a smile. ?Do you want to skip out
of class and go home? I will go with you. . .?

?Buffy, you know that you can?t skip class, you miss so much already, and I
just. . . Well. . . I can?t. . .?

?Alright, just take care of yourself. And why don?t you come to my house
tonight after class. You can help me on my paper. . . please?? Willow couldn?t
help but smile. ?Yeah. . Sure. I will see you then.? With a quick smile,
they both went their separate ways, Buffy feeling better about Willow, and
Willow feeling better about herself.

To Be continued....