Caught (part 1 of 1)

Title: Caught
Author: eeyore.
Rating: Willow/Buffy. This is probably R to NC-17.
Spoilers: just background knowledge from the current
season.
thoughts in the dorm room.
Disclaimers: I don't own Buffy, and wouldn't want to.
Willow, we could discuss!
Feedback: is better than the subject discussed - not! But
I'd love some anyway.

Caught
by eeyore

Buffy was, unsurprisingly, asleep before Willow even closed
her eyes. Willow chuckled to herself about that and began
going over spells in her head. It worked to put her to
sleep better than anything she'd ever tried - 'well, except
Oz' she thought a bit sadly - and besides, it was harmless.
'Not like a spell would happen to me anyway,' she
continued to herself, 'but as if spells worked without
gestures, a meditative state, and. . .'

Her internal monologue drifted off, as she realized how
little self-recrimination was likely to lead to sleep.
'Right,' she thought, 'spells. Now how'd that
shape-shifting thing go?' She started off on the words,
and almost immediately began to feel drowsy. Two stanzas
into the initial invocation, she was drifting into sleep. .
.

. . . only to wake up with a start, and the feeling that
something wasn't quite right. It took a few minutes for
her sleep-fogged brain to process the fact that she was on
the wrong side of the room. Everything was backward. She
sighed. "Dream much, Willow?" she said aloud. It had to
be a dream to be backward, right? Then she registered her
voice. . . or rather someone else's voice coming from her
body.

She sat bolt upright in bed. 'Oh, boy,' she thought. 'The
room's not backward - I'm on Buffy's side of it.'
Following along with her thought process, she looked over
at her own bed. Her logic was rewarded by the sight of
Buffy sleeping in Willow's bed. . . 'looking a lot like me.
Oh, shit.' Willow edged toward panic. She looked closer,
trying to focus clearly in the dim room.

'Yup, definitely me. Hey, I look kinda cute asleep.'
Willow rapidly followed that one with a mental cuff upside
the head. 'You know it's not polite to check yourself out.
. . especially when someone else is occupying your body.'

Willow lay back down, realizing that she'd better figure
out what was going on before she accidentally did something
to wake Buffy up. She knew darn well that as soon as Buffy
awoke she would need to have some answers. Good ones.

'O.K.' she said to herself, Buffy's self, no herself inside
Buffy's self. . . 'oh, boy, don't even go there. . . '
Starting to breathe deeply in an attempt to stop the panic,
she reviewed her night. It had to be something about the
spell she was going over, but that couldn't have worked,
right? It needed outside supplies to shift shape, and that
wouldn't explain why both of them had shifted shape, and .
. . wait a minute.

Willow hadn't actually established that she was in the
wrong body. She'd only seen Buffy looking like her. She
reached up to touch her hair. It felt nice, but it was
definitely longer. She pulled a strand around so she could
see it in the moonlight, and it was blonde. 'A good
blonde,' she thought, 'but not something I'd do myself.'

She was going to have to face facts. She had somehow
managed to switch bodies with Buffy in their sleep, and
she'd better figure out a way to unswitch them before Buff
woke up. The problem was that she had no real idea how
she'd done it, so she couldn't undo it that easily.

'Well,' she thought, 'I could look on the bright side.
After all that's what I do. Yup. No matter what goes
wrong, or whose demon is charging who, Willow can always
find the bright side. So, I could look on the bright side
here. . . if there were a bright side. Which there isn't.'

The mental voice subsided in her, and she shifted in bed
uncomfortably. Buffy's pyjamas were completely
uncomfortable. That thought was followed by 'well take
them off then, duh' which in turn was followed by 'Buffy's
body. . . I have Buffy's body on under this' which flashed
around in Willow's mind at about 200 miles per hour.

'Right. Concentrate Willow,' she thought to herself
sternly. 'Do not think about Buffy's body, that's a bad
thought, you don't need to think that at all.'
Unfortunately for Willow's peace of mind, the attempt not
to think about it just made her squirm, and squirming made
the body that was sort of hers and sort of distinctly not
hers react.

'Oh, man. I do not need to have reactions like that now.
Not in this body. Not about this body. Not at all. Go
away thought. Shoo. Scat. Scram.'

As such thoughts always are, this one was uninterested in
leaving. In fact, Willow found herself completely unable
to think about anything except the fact that she was in
Buffy's body. Intimately. All over.

Still, she had to stop thinking about it; she needed to
un-switch the bodies. A dozen possible cures wandered
across Willow's distracted mind, each seemingly followed by
the reminder that this might be her own mind, but it wasn't
her own body. Every time, the awareness that she was --
effectively -- touching Buffy constantly (and in Buffy's
bed, no less) seemed to get stronger.

Finally, Willow settled on what seemed the best possibility
for correcting the body situation -- if a half-asleep spell
switched them, then the most likely way to correct the
problem was to go for a half-asleep counter-spell. She'd
just have to fall back asleep muttering spells. 'Yeah,
that should do it,' she thought. ' Sleep, right, I just
have to feel sleepy. Let's see, what causes sleep? Hot
chocolate? Nah. Boring lectures? Not available.' After
a few more non-starters, she happened across what she knew
darned well was the most effective possibility, but which
she ruled out right away. Orgasm. That would do it.

Of course, the problem was that it wasn't exactly her own
body, and as much as she wanted to touch Buff. . . 'no,'
she thought firmly at herself. 'You will not go there.'
The seed had been firmly planted, though, and she could
feel her body. . . or Buffy's. . . reacting to the promise
of being touched.

There is, of course, not much more annoying when you need
to sleep than wanting, aching, to come first. Even
Willow's determination eventually wore down as she tried to
recite spells into sleep with increasingly less success.

Eventually, her hand started a sort of a dance from her
side across her stomach, and back to her side. Without
really registering it consciously, her hand slipped up
under her pyjama top and continued to move up. Conscious
realization of what she was doing hit at exactly the same
moment she discovered how good it felt to stroke her
nipple. Buffy's nipple. Whatever. It felt way better
than it did in her own body.

She started to rationalize to herself: 'Buffy isn't in this
body right now, it won't hurt her if I. . . and besides I
can't get to sleep, and she'll never know, and' by the end
of the thought her fingers were alternately pinching and
stroking her nipple and her hips were starting to shift
slightly.

Slowly she slid her other hand into her bottoms, finding
the hair there slightly damp. 'Soft,' she thought, 'much
softer than mine, and . . . oh.'

Thought stopped. Even just grazing her clit the way she
just had was absolutely intense. The slayer must have just
incredible sex if her body was this sensitive.

Willow continued to discover just how sensitive Buffy's
body was, and the answer started to make her breathe harder
and arch against her own fingers.

Just as she started to feel herself slide into orgasm,
Willow registered her own voice saying, "what the hell is
going on" as Buffy -- in Willow's form -- flipped back the
covers.

Going over the edge, Willow couldn't stop her surprise or
her orgasm causing her to cry out "oh, yes, goddess."

She was caught. Well and truly caught.

Buffy stood over her bed in Willow's fuzzy cow jammies
watching her own body jerk slightly from the effects of
what looked like one heck of an orgasm, and saw her fingers
slide out of her own jammies.

"O.K." she said levelly, although in Willow's voice, "sorry
for interrupting and all, but who are you and what exactly
are you doing in my body?"

Willow struggled to explain. "It's me, Buffy, Willow, and
I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing in your body -- well,
besides the obvious, which, by the way I'm really sorry
for, and it has nothing to do with that kinda gay thing or
wanting you all the time or anything or. . . babbling. I'm
babbling, aren't I?"

"Yup," the slayer replied. "No clearer indication is
necessary to prove it's you in there. I was kinda after
the why you're using my body, though, not the what you're
using it for. I pretty much got that part. Especially
after the moaning."

"What moaning," Willow replied belligerently. "I was
quiet."

"Uh, huh," Buffy responded. "It's my body. I know what's
happening when that sound happens. I couldn't possibly
miss it."

"Shit. I'm really sorry," Willow said. "Let me try to
explain."

She gave Buffy an edited version of what she surmised had
been happening with the spell and her theory that she had
to get back to sleep to fix things. She judiciously left
out the parts about thinking about Buffy's body, and tried
to make the whole masturbation thing sound perfectly
plausible and not at all like lusting after her best
friend.

Buffy seemed to buy it at face value. "O.K., then," she
said. "So if we both just go back to sleep, this should
reverse itself?" Willow nodded.

"Well, I think I can do that" Buffy said. "I'll just go
back over there and lie down and go to sleep and not think
for even a minute about what it'd be like to kiss myself."

Willow couldn't help the stifled groan that she bit back at
that thought. Having been caught with her hand in the till
already -- so to speak -- she debated the ethics of making
a pass at herself. Buffy. Herself.

Buffy beat her to it, though, leaning over to kiss her
softly. Willow slid an arm up underneath her own red hair
to pull Buffy's mouth down harder against her. They were
both breathing heavily when Buffy broke the kiss.

Buffy leaned down for another kiss, but this time Willow
stopped her. "No," she said. "If we're going to do this,
I want to be in my own body, and wide awake, and absolutely
sure that we're not wrecking anything. I feel guilty
enough for the whole spell thing. I don't think I can
stand to make it more complicated."

Willow watched her face above her take on that puzzled look
that signified concentration when Buffy did it.
Momentarily she nodded, and Buffy said, "right. Shall we
try to sleep, then, and continue this conversation in the
morning?"

"A plan," Willow replied. "Definitely sounds like a plan."

the end.

=====
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can, and the
wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.