FIC: Royalty, Chapter 6 (The Trenchcoat Brigade)

Hello dears...

More of Royalty as promised...

The following will happen:

1. Buffy will attack Spike
3. Giles gets tough
2. Willow sees the future

Stefan

Royalty
By: Stefan Cilia

Chapter 6: The Trenchcoat Brigade

"I'm not going to wear that!" Rang through the mansion at noon the next day.
Buffy had returned home after her earlier encounter with Willow to find that
Spike had taken up watching over Daniel at night and that Giles was
apparently holed up in the library.
Now she stood looking at for the lack of a better word, a suit and overcoat,
laid out on her bed.
"Come now dear." June said and padded Buffy's shoulder. "Give it try."
"Are there anymore surprises in the dress code?" Buffy asked with a frown,
as she picked up the pants.
"Well except for this. None." June said and handed Buffy a small box.
"A ring! Why?" Buffy asked as she looked at the box and opened it.
"Well you see dear. This ring indicates that you serve the prince. It will
give you access to places a human couldn't normally enter in this city. Now
if you're supposed to report to the armory at three so there's no rush to
get ready." June said and turned to leave.
"It went well by the way." Buffy said, pulling on the blouse.
"Knew it would." June said with a smile. "And don't forget the armory at
three PM."

* * * * * *

Swords, guns, armor, high-tech stakes. Buffy thought as she looked over the
weapon rack in the armory. Interesting. She thought as she picked up a black
metal cylinder.
"Wonder how this works." She muttered as she rolled it over.
"Press the little red button." Came Spike's voice as he stepped into the
room.
"Spike?" Buffy asked looked at the suit and tie.
"Elisabeth." Spike nodded back smirking at her appearance in a suit and
coat.
"Don't you laugh." She threatened pushing the button and a thin stake, made
out of reddish wood, popped out of the cylinder.
"I'm not laughing, the Dana Scully look really suits you." He said with a
grin.
"Oho now your asking for." She growled at pulled a sword from the wall.
"And what are you going to do with that?" Spike asked drawing a blade from
seemingly nowhere.
"This." Buffy said with a glint in her eye. That said a battle ensued. Coats
billowing and swords clashing.
"I see you're practicing. Excellent." Giles said he stepped into the room.
When they didn't stop fighting and when a chair was neatly cleaved in half
he sighed walked up to the wall, picked up a gun, checked it and then fired
it into the air. Both fighters stopped.
"That's better." He said calmly and sat down.
"Sorry." Both muttered as they took their seats around the round table.
"Where's Daniel." Buffy asked.
"Should be here shortly." Giles said as Spike put his feet on the table.
"I don't like this." He said.
"Don't like what Spike?" Buffy asked.
"Last night, there wasn't a single vampire around, at least not in any
places we went to."
"I found a few." Buffy muttered.
"Did you dispose of them?" Giles asked.
"I did my share, but actually Willow did most of the work." Buffy said.
"So you found her?" Giles asked, his eyes softening.
"No she found me, made it very clear she doesn't want to see us." Buffy said
carefully manipulating the facts.
"Why should she not want to see us?" Giles wondered out loud.
"She's powerful Giles and I mean powerful." Buffy stated.
"How so?"
"Weather control for one thing, healing spells, telekinesis, need I go on."
Buffy counted of the things she'd seen Willow perform.
"It seems like Red has been keeping secrets." Spike commented, focusing the
words towards Buffy and then there was silence.
"Good day." Daniel said as he entered. "I see you've been practicing." He
commented noticing the cleaved-in-half chair and the burn mark on the
ceiling.
When no one commented he just smiled and sat down.
"Lets get down to business then shall we. Last night went very well and
William seems to be most capable for night duty." He said and looked at
Buffy. "Now Buffy. I would like you to accompany me this afternoon. Giles
has been with me since this morning, but it's only fair you should get to
know what the job's all about."
"You want to go out during the day?" Buffy asked quite stunned.
"I'm not a vampire. I'm undying, but not reanimated flesh like William here,
no offense." Daniel explained.
"None taken mate."
"So sunlight is no problem given that I've fed."
"So where are we going?" Buffy asked and stood up.
"Just some meetings, nothing important and no one will question you." Daniel
said and turned to Giles. "Now I believe you want make some more use of the
library."
Giles nodded.
"Spike why don't you arm Buffy and I'll be waiting upstairs." He then said
and stood to leave.
"You did more then just talk." Spike commented when both Giles and Daniel
had left.
"How do you know that?" Buffy asked strapping the shoulder holster on.
"I smell her on you, so what did you do?" Spike asked handing her the gun.
"That's none of your business and why do I need a gun?" She asked.
"Well for starters it's loaded with balls filled with holywater and second
it's a required prop for the part."
"Good point." Buffy said.
"The swords are useful too." He added and Buffy grinned.
"Couldn't agree more."

* * * * * *

"So I just wear these." Buffy said and put on a pair of sunglasses. "And
look grim."
"That's pretty much it." Daniel said as they rode into down.
"Were you born?" Buffy asked after a moments silence.
"Yes, some undying ones are born it's rare, but it happens."
"But you also turn people right?"
"Yes, but every turning must be approved by me or at least I must be told
when someone is embraced."
"And they don't become a different person."
"No the personality remains the same."

* * * * * *

Willow sat in a lotus position, eyes closed. Focusing or at least trying to.
Still the images of last night came back to her.
"I knew this would happen." She muttered and opened her eyes.
"It was the right thing to do." Came a voice from above.
"Astral projection that's a new one." Willow stated as she looked up at Lily
's image floating above her.
"Well this way you wont try anything." Lily commented as her image floated
down.
"And what makes you think I would?" Willow asked innocently, but her eyes
flared.
"You choose to embrace your passion when you first came to me. Well knowing
the consequences." Lily said in matter of fact tone.
"But she's my best friend and I'm so afraid that I'll hurt her." Willow said
looking down.
"You didn't the last time." Lily said, reminding Willow of her little
adventure a few nights ago.
"That was different, with Buffy. I summoned the thunder without thinking."
Willow said.
"It wont go away you know, the wanting must be fulfilled."
"No, I can't not with Buffy." Willow said shutting her eyes.
"Meditate all you want Willow, but it wont change what's done, the fire has
been lit and sooner or later it will burn out of your control." Lily said
and faded away.
"Must be calm, must be calm." Willow recited repeatedly, before just giving
up and screaming out in frustration. She stood and walked over to the orb on
the table.
"Buffy." She whispered and an image of Buffy appeared inside the orb. Willow
smiled and slumped down into a chair. Buffy looked nice in that outfit, in
grown up sort of way. Then the image shifted. A vision of the future
appeared before her eyes. A battle, Buffy dying, Giles screaming and
charging at something. Spike just sitting on the ground holding Buffy and
cursing someone. Cursing her! Willow's eyes fluttered open it was dark
outside. She pulled the green cloak around her, suddenly it all became so
clear and she knew just what to do. Find Giles, must find Giles. She
thought.

I know this was a bit short at bit slow, but thins will get better next
chapter titled. Talking with Giles