Title: A Higher Power (1/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
(please be kind for the first time in over 30 years I'm a virgin at
something!)
Spoilers: I don't know I put them in college because that's where they
are now
Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy Willow Giles and any others from
BTVS are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy etc. No
infringement of any kind intended.
Notes: Willow is worried Buffy has a bad night
A Higher Power (1/?)
Willow was sitting on the Slayer's bed hugging Mr Gordo to her chest,
her legs drawn up as she gently rocked staring intently at the door
waiting impatiently for it to open. More worried than usual the hollow
feeling in her chest and the lump in her throat was telling her that
something was definitely wrong with her Buffy. However the actual nature
of the trouble eluded her. Buffy had been getting back from her patrols
latter each night. Each night she was exhausted to the point of collapse
and though she denied it Willow could tell that she wasn't bouncing back
like she used to. It was breaking Willow's heart to see the person she
cared about even more than life itself go out every night to face what
ever danger the Hellmouth might throw at her when they both knew Buffy
was not in any condition to fight them.
Now she was more than 2 hours over due and even though she had promised
not to go out alone after sunset, especially not to look for Buffy on
patrol, Willow was considering facing her friends anger and going out to
find Buffy anyway. She just couldn't get over the feeling that the
Slayer was in serious trouble
<>I can't loose her, I couldn't go on without her<> she thought to
herself and a sob escaped her throat<>Don't do that !!<> she yelled at
herself <>No negative thoughts! Buffy is fine...Buffy is safe...Buffy
is....GORGEOUS!!<> a mischievous smile played over her lips as she
thought of her friends near perfect athletic body.[stop that bad Willow
bad bad Willow]her chest tightened as she recalled the warmth of Buffy's
body pressing against her when ever they hugged.<>friendly hugs only<>
she reminded herself. Willow knew that she really truly deeply loved
with every part of her body and soul but she had done anything about it
and everything she could to deny the reality of those feelings, ending
with her disastrous relationship with Oz, but that was so over now and
she'd been forced to face the truth .
Eventually she learned to settle for the platonic friendship Buffy
offered and simply learn to live with the constant frustration of
unrequited love. She just knew that it would all work out as long as
Buffy never found out, not ever.
Willow's thoughts were interrupted by the door to their room flew open,
slamming loudly against the wall, revealing a figure leaning on the door
frame to hold herself up.
Willow gasped when she realized it was her best friend and roommate (not
to mention her entire world).
Worry overcame control " Buffy"
.Buffy was barely recognisable under all the dirt and blood her whole
body heaving under her effort to breath.Willow jumped off the bed and
ran to the Slayer's side. Buffy raised her head and looked into the deep
dark green eyes of her closest and dearest friend and smiled weakly.
"Hey Wills!"Buffy whispered breathlessly "rough slayage tonight." She
tried to chuckle but was to weak.
Willow pulled Buffy's arm over her shoulders and wrapped her free arm
around Buffy's waist and helped her across the room to her bed

Ther you go please let me know what you think.

No matter where you go - there you are.

Hurt her and I'll beat you to death with a shovel. Willow