Title: A Higher Power (4/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
(please be kind for the first time in over 30 years I'm a virgin at
something!)
Spoilers: I don't know I put them in college because that's where they
are now. I've basically every thing I know about Buffy and co. from
what I've read here so if I mess something up sorry.
Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy Willow Giles and any others from
BTVS are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy etc. No
infringement of any kind intended.
Notes: The night continues a bad time is had by all.
Giles gets put in his place.

Title: A Higher Power (4/?)
Author: Alex
Buffy's eyes fluttered open her first sight was an angelic vision of her
best friend. Willow was looking down at her the light shone from behind
her reflecting off her red hair causing a kind of halo effect that made
Buffy's heart skip a beat. Her brow was furrowed with worry and her
incredible green eyes were filled with concern and compassion. In all it
was the most beautiful sight Buffy had ever seen.
"Hey you " Willow said softly " You just rest, Giles is on his way and
I'm taking care of you so don't worry."
"No worries Wills " Buffy said weakly a slight smile played across her
lips. "See, I knew if I could get home my Wills would take care of me."
Before Willow could respond Giles came rushing through the door followed
closely by a tall dark man she had never seen before.
Giles went straight to Buffy's bed and sat down on the edge across from
Willow. He immediately began asking questions of his surrogate daughters
trying to asses the extent of Buffy's illness. " How long have you had
this?"Giles asked sternly after Willow called his attention to the wound
on Buffy's arm.
"Oh I don't know ...about a week "she replied barely able to speak"I got
it the night I fought that slime demon the vamps called up."
"Yes well you know you know you really must keep me informed when this
kind of thing happens."Giles scolded her quietly"How am I supposed to
know what you need if you don't keep me apprised " "Giles"Willow
growled menacingly "Not now"
" Yes...well..uh..quite right."Giles stammered cleaning his glasses
surprised at the normally shy quiet girls intensity and more than a
little embarrassed by his insensitive lecture The awkward moment was
interrupted by the stranger clearing his throat and calling to Giles.
"Ah who is he?"Willow asked defensively "and why have you brought him
here"
"Yes where are my manors" Giles began "This is Dr, Jeffery Fallon I've
known him for several years. He is a fully qualified physician and has
made a speciality of caring for supernatural beings and their maladies.
I am sure Buffy and her less than normal injury fall well into that
category."
The man bowed to Willow in recognition and set his bag down on the bed
next to Buffy and opened it then looked at Giles.
"Perhaps we should step back and allow the good doctor to examine Buffy
"Giles said laying his hand on Willow's arm.
Willow shot Giles a threatening look, normally she trusted Giles
completely but this was Buffy and that changed all the rules, she
tightened her grip on Buffy's hand and didn't move.
"It's alright Wills "Buffy said softly knowing how Willow felt "You know
Giles would never hurt us."
"Quite so "Giles said firmly<>She's like some jungle cat protecting it's
mate<>he thought he could hear her growling from deep in her chest.
Reluctantly Willow released Buffy's hand and moved back but only as far
as her bed where she sat tensely on the edge watching the doctor's every
move muscles coiled ready to jump to Buffy's defence at the slightest
provocation. The doctor examined Buffy throughly, most of the things
he did and the equipment he used Willow recognised as normal medical
procedure but some of it looked like it was straight out of one those
cheesy sifi movies Xander was always watching.
After what seemed an eternity to Willow the doctor straightened up and
put his equipment away, As soon as he moved Willow was back beside her
friend holding her hand. The doctor signaled Giles who joined him off to
one side and began quietly consulting with his friend every once in a
while they would look over at the two young women.

[This message contained attachments]