Title: A Higher Power (11/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
Title: A Higher Power (11/?)
Author: Alex
Later that night Buffy was awakened by the sound of someone weeping and
knew almost instantly that it was Willow.
  Getting up she wrapped herself in a blanket and went in search of
her best friend and now new found lover.
She found her sitting in a window seat hugging her knees to her chest
tears flowing down her cheeks as she wept and by the looks of her
bloodshot green eyes she'd been here for quite a while. Buffy crawled
into the window seat behind her soul mate and carefully wrapped her arms
and legs around Willow enfolding her in the blanket.

"What's the matter Wills?" Buffy asked wanting to help her overcome
whatever was bothering her. "I'm feelin' better now. Come on tell your
Buffy all about it, you know I love you."

'i-i know." Willow sobbed softly unable to stop crying as if her soul
was injured. "Something happened I saw..Oh Buffy I never knew, how do
you stand it? How do you do it?"

"How I do what Wills?" Buffy whispered softly "Please tell me."

"I-I don't know how, I didn't mean to, but some how." Willow was so sad
ad confused she didn't know how to start "I-I t-touched your mind and I
s-saw"

"Saw what baby" Buffy whispered in the girl's ear her hot breath sending
chills down Willow's spine inspite of the overwhelming sadness she felt.
"Tell me what's wrong what did you see?"

"I-I s-saw it all, everything you sacrificed, everything you missed,
what it cost you to be the Slayer." Willow whispered still weeping
uncontrollably.

Buffy stiffened a little she had hoped no one would ever know what a
high price she'd payed to follow her destiny.

"You weren't supposed to know." Buffy whispered "no one was, not even
Giles."

"Oh gods Buffy, how could you live alone with that?" Willow wept harder
knowing her courage. "I saw the scars on your soul old and new.
  Now I know how all the death and destruction has stolen your
youth, even stolen your innocence.
  I saw how badly it hurt when your first watcher died, how your
whole life was destroyed. I saw so much pain and all because of the
destiny your forced to follow.
  I felt your pain and heartbreak over Angel and Angelus and I saw
how you loved me and how much it hurt to deny it.
"I also know that I was the cause of a lot of that, mooning after you
never leaving you alone, constantly reminding you of how alone you truly
were. I'm so sorry Buffy I didn't know,
  I don't know how you could still want me after that."

"Hush now Wills it's okay" Buffy whispered

Buffy buried her face in the soft silkyness that was Willow's hair.
She inhaled deeply enjoying the subtle combination of oils, herbs,
mixed with Willow's own chemistry creating a scent that was pure sweet
Willow, it was intoxicating.

"That's all over now baby." Buffy said softly into Willow's hair "You
didn't know anything and you never would have if I could have stopped
it.
  A Slayer's pain is something more than most could bare as it
happens, let alone all at once like you did. It's a wonder you didn't
run off into the night screaming.
  Lord knows I wanted to often enough."

"But Buffy I saw more than you know." Willow whispered starring out the
window "I saw the things you blame yourself for that weren't your fault.
I saw the reason you sometimes wake up screaming in the middle of the
night."

"Really Wills, that's all over now." Buffy said as she began nuzzling
and nipping at Willow's neck and ear lobe. "We've got each other now and
no one can ever hurt us like that again I promise.
  You are my other half you complete me. Without you there would be
no Slayer and with you I can be Buffy again.
  I swear I'll never allow you to suffer what I have and with you by
me I can face anything."

Buffy didn't know where all that came from or how she knew a lot of the
stuff she just said but it was enough that she knew it and said it to
Willow.
Willow could feel the truth of Buffy's words in her heart and felt as if
she'd known it all along. All this time Buffy had been kissing licking
and nibbling her way down Willow's neck and shoulders and was starting
back up again. Surrendering to the feeling Willow moaned softly and
leaned back into Buffy.
They both settled into the serenity of their nearness and sat there
enjoying the shared warmth of their bodies under the blanket.
  Willow lay back humming softly and they stayed there until Buffy
could tell by the rhythm of her breathing that Willow had finally fallen
back to sleep.
She carefully untangled herself from around her love and gently picked
her up, amazed at how fast her Slayer strength was returning. Willow
moaned softly in her sleep and nuzzled Buffy's neck.
  Buffy carried the sleeping girl back to their shared bed, gently
laid her down on the soft mattress and crawled carefully into bed with
her.
  She pulled the covers over them then gently took Willow's sleeping
body in her arms and drew the red head close to her taking care not to
wake her.
  She lay there for a while watching Willow sleep carefully
cataloging her every move and sound until, she too, drifted off into a
deep dreamless sleep.
For the first time since she'd become the Slayer no murderous
nightmares.
End part 11/?
Will there be a part 12?
Who knows?
Later
Alex
No matter where you go - there you are.
                   ~Buckaroo
Bonzai~
Sorry didn't mean to offend won't do it again. ~A~