FIC: TT&T (Chapter 10: All Over the Place)

Hey all...

Now I'm setting up for some major and mean major stuff here..... plus I'm
writing a coming out subplot into the whole thing as well...

Enjoy!

Stefan Cilia

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 10: All Over the Place

Sunnydale

"Lets do it the old fashion way?" Willow stated, but she was too tired to
put any sarcasm into her voice.
Buffy, Willow, Stjar'a and Cordelia sat and looked around the newly painted
hall.
"One room down." Buffy said and dodged an incoming brush.
"Typical of the men to vanish into then wind at the first mention of this."
Cordelia stated.
"It's good to know that some things are universal." Stjar'a commented.
"In defense of my brethren. I must state that they were all long gone before
you two even mentioned this." Wesley said as he struggled with the cooler.
"He has a point." Amy said as she followed behind him with a picnic basket.
"Why is there a bed in the backyard of Slayer HQ?" Amy asked as she spread a
blanket on the floor.
"That's for Stjar'a." Cordelia explained.
"Cordy helped me assemble it." Stjar'a added. Thankfully there was no one to
comment on the remark.
"Buffy you okay?" Willow asked.
"Yes. Why do you ask?" Buffy asked studying a carrot
"Well you're eating less then normal." Willow explained.
"Yeah! Usually the food in front of you is gone by now." Cordelia said.
"Just worried about mom that's all." Buffy said and bit down.
"She's with Spike, so what could possibly happen?" Willow exclaimed.
"Are you even listening to yourself. Where ever Spike goes these days
trouble follows." Buffy stated.
"I gave her a ring of protection. She'll be fine." Willow said.
"I'm more worried about Angel and Xan. Al'x all alone in New York." Cordelia
said and earned a smile from Stjar'a for getting Al'x's name right,
something she'd started doing with out even thinking about it.
"Again they'll be fine, they need to bond a little." Willow said.
"Then there is Giles all alone in the mountains." Buffy said.
"Well Faith went to fetch him." Wesley stated.
"She what?" Buffy almost yelled.
"Something about his help being invaluable." Amy explained.
"So let me get this right. Giles gone, Spike and Czar gone, Al'x and Angel
gone." Buffy counted of. ".and now to top it of the Slayer who's supposed to
be in charge is gone too. Just great."

* * * * *

Temple of the Sun at Cuzco, Peru

"It would be easier to explore the city in daylight." Joyce stated as she
turned on the flashlight.
"Well sorry mum, but a seven foot half-demon and a heavily cloaked man tend
to stand out in a crowd." Spike said apologetically.
"Did you find out anything at the libraries?" Czar asked.
"Well aside from the fact that this ring works like a charm not much besides
the normal texts." Joyce said referring to how the ring had seemingly made
every man that had given her a second glance turn and walk away.
"Then let's climb to the highest and have a look over shall we." Spike said
and struck a pose with his hiking staff and the base of the steps. Joyce
took a picture.
"Hey!"
"For the album." She explained with a smile.
A dark haired figure sat and waited at the top.

* * * * *

Giles climbed out of the water and noticed that his clothes were gone.
"Faith." He growled.
"Looking for these?" Faith asked and held up his clothes.
"What are you thinking coming here?" He asked as he shamelessly walked up to
her.
"You ran out on me." She explained.
"With good reasons I might add." He said as he pulled his thick wool sweater
over his head.
"B doesn't know?"
"But Al'x does and most likely Willow and Spike may also have suspicions."
"But B doesn't know and that's all that matters." Faith stated.
"Why are you so obsessed with Buffy not finding out Faith." Giles asked when
they were on their way back to the cabin.
"She'll freak, but the others will not."
"Most likely yes, but after that she'll accept the fact that I'm more then
just her watcher."
"I just don't want B to hate you."
"She won't. well not for long." Giles said as he grasped Faith's hand.
"This wasn't part of the plan." She stated.
"Plans change." He explained with a smile.

* * * * *

"New York the city that never sleeps." Al'x said as they stepped onto the
street.
"You don't seem overwhelmed about it." Angel said.
"It's nothing compared to the what I've seen."
"Such as?" Angel asked.
"Underground cities that stretch on for miles, the Great City of Elves with
its towers, the endless forest were I hunted."
"Why did you come back Al'x?" Angel asked when Al'x got a faraway look in
his eyes.
"I wanted to see if my friends were still alive mostly." There was moments
silence as they walked on.
"Where is that dragon skin armor of yours by the way?" Angel asked as a
changed of subject.
"In the Great City in the Hall of Heroes, most beings don't get in there
until after they're past on."
"Wow!"
"Just Wow! What no smart remark?"
"Not really." He said and then added thoughtfully. "Cordelia must be rubbing
of on me."
"God help us all."
"Xander?" A voice asked and Al'x turned around.
"Anya!" He stated.

* * * * *

The Mansion was coming along nicely. The girls were outside working on the
front of the house while the sun blared down on them. The absence of fabric
made for whistles and honks of passing cars.
"You think we should tell them we don't bat for the home team?" Buffy asked
as she handed Willow a shutter.
"Probably only make them stare harder." Willow answered.

As the heat grew they sought shelter under a tall tree which Stjar'a
promptly climbed into.
"So you've got some forest elf in you too?" Cordelia asked jokingly.
Stjar'a smiled back at Cordelia and then climbed on. Cordelia grinned and
climbed after her.
"Did you see that?" Buffy asked Willow as Cordelia disappeared up the tree.
"Yes."
"You think they know?"
"Stjar'a maybe."
"Should we."
"No. They'll figure it out by themselves, but we'll be here for them of
course." Willow said.
"To bad we didn't have this kind of help." Buffy said as she settled her
head in Willow's lap.
"We didn't need it. It was the logical thing to do." Willow answered.
"Well thank you Mr. Spock."
"It beats the alternative."
"What a messy coming out at Christmas." Buffy said with grin.
"Buffy you shouldn't joke about such things. We got off easy compared to
many others."
"Guess so and don't you think for a second that I'm not happy about that."
"I know." Willow said and stroked her cheek.
"Purr.." Buffy said with a smile.
"Aw that's so sweat." Amy said as she and Wesley walked up to them.
"You again." Buffy said looking up from Willow's lap, shielding her eyes
from the sun.
"How was the library?" Cordelia asked from the branch she and Stjar'a
shared.
"Very cool thank you." Amy yelled back.
"Well I know a place that has even better air-conditioning." Cordelia said.
"Let me guess the mall?" Willow asked.
"What's a mall?" Stjar'a asked from the branch.
A grin spread appeared on Cordelia's face while Wesley turn into a mask of
dread.