FIC: TT&T (Chapter 12: Search and Research)

Hey all!

Alrigthy then... Spike and his group find something that will have an
lasting effect on the course of their lives, 3A (Angel, Al'x and Anya) are
chased across NY and end up in trouble as usual, then Amy throws a fit over
Wes obsession and stubbornness with his duty. Oh and Giles and Stjar'a
notice something a little off about Buffy and Willow....

Enjoy!

Stefan Cilia

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 12: Search and Research

"Wesley what's wrong?" Amy asked as she entered the research room and found
books strewn all over every surface, it was night and the young watcher
looked like hell.
"Buffy is sick and I can't find a damn thing?"
"You mean sick, or sick, sick?"
"Sick. She has some trouble eating, is nauseas and pale." Wesley said as he
paged through a tome so thick you could barely turn the pages.
"Why don't you take break Wesley?" She suggested.
"I can't my duty wont allow it." He said and closed the book.
"Why do you have to be so damn stubborn sometimes?." She said and pulled the
book away from him.
"Beg your pardon?"
"It's clear that the what ever illness she has isn't life threatening and I'
m sure Willow has confirmed that it has nothing to do with magic. So I ask
you again why are you so damn stubborn." They glared at each other and it
finally with Amy throwing up her hands and storming out.
"I honestly don't know what's gotten into that girl?" He murmured.

* * * * *

"I think I've found something." Joyce said as she knelled by the altar.
"What is it." Czar asked as he kneeled besides her.
"It's a symbol and some writings. I think." She said and pulled out the
disk. "There almost identical, but the writing is different." She stated as
Spike and Luna came over.
"And where have you two been?" Joyce asked in parental voice.
Spike didn't bother answering, but instead knelled by the stone and ran his
hand over the stone and in the course of that action pressed on symbols
representing spirit and fire. The whole temple started shaking.
"Spike what did you do?" Joyce asked they stood up.
"I'm not sure, Czar what did the glyphs say." Spike said as he scanned the
area.
"Out of Fire and Spirit comes live." Czar said. "One will be reborn, while
another will be forever transformed. Beware for judgment will be swift." He
finished.
Luna and Joyce glared at Spike.
"How was I supposed to know?" He asked.
"The damage is done so what to we do now?" Joyce answered.
"You stand before me!" A Voice boomed as a spirit made of fire rose behind
them.
"Oh bloody hell!" Spike cursed as they turned around.
"This is not good right?" Joyce asked.

* * * * *

"So have fun in the wilderness." Buffy asked as Stjar'a and Cordelia,
limping slight, walked into the living room.
"Great, this. elf threw me into a river." Cordelia muttered as the armor
dropped to the floor with a clank.
"Your flank was exposed and I took advantage of it." Stjar'a answered with a
smile and leaned against the wall.
"Buffy were you sick this morning?" She asked sounding a bit puzzled.
"Yes, spent the day in bed. How did you know?"
"Is it a illness?" She asked.
"Wesley is researching it." Willow said as someone was heard running up the
basement stairs.
".why are you so damn stubborn." Amy yelled as she came storming up from the
basement and out the door.
"And I guess he's still looking." Buffy answered with a shrug.
"Those two need to be locked in a room together." Faith commented as she
walked through the front door just in time to witness Amy storming out.
"So did you find him?" Willow asked.
"Yep! Sent him patrolling." Faith answered as she took her seat.
"What happened to you?" She asked when she'd taken stock of Cordelia. Stjar'
a grinned as Cordelia decided to leave with what little dignity she had
left.
"What did I say?" Faith asked.
"Nothing Faith, nothing at all." Stjar'a commented and then turned to Buffy.
"Take care of yourself." She said and went after Cordelia.
"What was that?" Faith asked.

* * * * *

"Czar what are we looking at here?" Spike whispered as the flaming figure
gazed at them.
"A Higher power." Czar stated.
"That's bad right?"
"Not always."
"You!" The Figure boomed and pointed at Spike. "Step forth."
"Who me?" Spike asked and took a step forward.
"Yes, you William Blood. To you I shall grant a rebirth." The Figure said
and pointed a fiery finger at him.
"But I don't." Spike started, but fell down to his knees clutching his
chest.
"William!" Luna yelled and ran to him.
"What have you done to him?" She demanded.
"I have given him life eternal." The Figure stated.
"But he's already eternal." Luna said, but the Figure was gazing at Joyce.
"Mother of the Chosen One." The Figure said in it's booming voice.
"Yes!" Joyce said in a shaky voice.
"You shall become my avatar on this plane." It boomed and flew towards her.
Joyce didn't scream, there was a flash of light and then darkness.

* * * * *

"Mom!" Buffy yelled as she woke up covered in sweat.
"Buffy what's wrong?" Willow asked as she took the shaking slayer into her
arms.
"Some thing has happened to mom I'm sure of it."
There was another scream in the house.
"Faith." Buffy and Willow said and ran out of the bedroom.
They found Faith down stairs being held by Giles.
"She had a nightmare." He explained as he rocked Faith, who looked very much
like a scared little girl.
"Did you see my mom?" Buffy asked as the rest of the houseguests came
running.
"I saw a Spike standing on the top of a mountain screaming at the sun and
your mom lying on a stone floor holding a flaming sword." Faith said in a
trembling voice. "And then I saw Giles fighting her."
"Is there anyway to contact them?" Giles asked. The notion of Spike
screaming at the sun wasn't a pleasant one. Even if he didn't like the man
much.
"Spike had his phone and palmtop with him last time I knew." Willow said.
"Good get on the wire and try and get a hold of them." Giles ordered
"Buffy are you alright you're looking a bit pale." Wesley noted.
Giles took a look at Buffy and then looked the way Willow had run.
"Wesley, a word please?" He said and took the younger man by the hand.
"Certainly, Cordelia would you mind watching over them."
"Sure thing." Cordelia nodded as Stjar'a entered the room. The moon was
still nearly full she slept outside.
"Why are all the lights on?" She asked.
"Welcome to the Hellmouth." Cordelia stated.

* * * * *

"Angel duck!" Al'x yelled and swung his sword. It hit its target and a
horned head rolled on the ground.
"Thanks." Angel nodded as he dusted himself of.
"This doesn't make sense." Anya said.
"I know, we've been chased around for almost ten hours now." Al'x said as
the sword disappeared into his coat. The staff wasn't much good against
these sort of things. It had started the minute they left the hotel. First
they'd been attacked by a demon that looked human and soon after they'd been
running around the city. Trying to stay one step a head while figuring out
what the hell was going on.
"There has got to be some sort of focal point attracting them here." Angel
stated.
"And demons only, we haven't seen a single vampire yet." Anya added.
"Shh! There is something below us." Al'x stated and bent down to the manhole
"I hear it too, sounds like." Angel said.
"Demons and lot of them." Al'x said.
There was a silence for a few minutes.
"They've past." Al'x said as he pulled the grid of.
They walked in the near darkness until they saw light a head.
"Oh."
"My."
"God!"
They stared down at the cave that had been dug out right under the city and
the throng of demons and apparently humans gathered there.
"Oh! This just keeps getting better and better." Al'x stated.