Title: If Destiny Wills (1/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
Archive: Whatever or whoever Just tell me
Spoilers: Starts where Next Illogical Step leaves off. Still in college
Still near future.
Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy Willow Giles and any others from
BTVS are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy etc. No
infringement of any kind intended.
Notes: Anticipation, loss, missions
A special thanks to Bill for giving a home to the ramblings of my
demented mind.
      <>thoughts<>

Title: If Destiny Wills (1/?)
Author: Alex
          Willow sat starring out the widow at the
huge black raven perched in he big old oak tree in the woods behind
their townhouse.

            <>Yes she said yes!<> Willow thought
for about the millionth time

            She marvelled at how much a simple
three letter word could affect her life. Just one syllable and her
entire life up to now was validated,
            All the heartache and pain every
moment of self indulgent teenage angst all made worth while by a little
three letter word.
              She smiled wistfully as she
remembered the way Buffy had slid off her chair and onto her knees so
she was face to face with Willow and the tears of joy in both their eyes
as she repeated herself over and over punctuating each yes with a kiss.
              Willow had no idea how long
they'd remained on the floor of the private dinning room in each others
arms.
            In fact she didn't remember leaving
the restaurant but she did remember finally reaching their own bed and
the next few hours after that until both she and Buffy had collapsed
into an exhausted sleep.
                  What she didn't
remember didn't matter to Willow all she needed to remember was :

   <>Buffy said YES!<>
          In an unimpressive little office deep in
the bowels of the Vatican library complex a very agitated old priest was
franticly punching keys on the computer facing him trying to call up the
files he'd been in charge of for over twenty years.
          Panic gripped him when every code he put
in failed to produce the information he requested.
          As a last resort he put in his private
code that gave him access to the library's main frame but even accessing
the hard drive failed to produce results.
            All he could get on his screen was a
picture of an intricate Celtic knot with two interlocking rings
superimposed over it.
              Frustrated, he finally had to
admit failure and shut down his computer.
He took an official memo pad out of his desk and wrote his
first and possibly his last note to the Arch-Bishop, it was short but
carried far reaching consequences, all it said was:

                  The Black Files
are gone.

              He put the memo into a carrier
and put that into the old fashioned pneumatic tube that went directly to
the Arch-Bishop's private quarters and look worriedly at the computer.

          "This doesn't bode well." he muttered to
himself

            He'd been afraid of this ever since
all those dangerous old files had been put into the system and an
unexpected flood had destroyed all the originals.
Now all that knowledge and lore was gone lost forever, he was
right, this did not bode well at all.
                If he'd been younger and
his eyesight less dimmed by years of staring at the computer screen
Father Quintin might have noticed the small dark figure separate from
the shadows, and slip out his door to take this news to his master.

                  It was late on a
very dark night when the private leer jet landed at the small air strip
deep in the undeveloped Central American rain forest.
          The heavily cloaked passenger was met by a
black four wheel drive vehicle with dark tinted windows that took him to
a well maintained but long forgotten stone mansion.
                The dark stranger
stepped out of the car and went quickly into the house without waiting
for an invitation. He went directly to the dimly lit study.
              Sitting behind an expansive
ironwood desk in a large leather chair was a huge black skinned demon
with glowing red eyes and sharp white teeth.

                "It has been a long time
my brother." the demon said in a raspy nails on a chalk board voice.

              "Yes, fortunately, I was told
you have a job for me." the dark figure answered his deep menacing voice
clearly showing his impatience. "I do not have the time for polite
amenities."

          "Remember your place Count Kresis." the
demon warned "I come directly from our master and as his messenger I
have the power to have you destroyed."

          The dark figure threw off his black
leather duster revealing the tall dark haired dark skinned man like
creature for the first time since he'd left his home in the Romanian
Mountains two days ago.
                He could have almost
passed as human if not for his glowing red eyes razor sharp teeth with
long needle like fangs, and long extra jointed fingers that ended in
razor sharp talons.

          "Do not threaten me." he roared grabbing
the edge of the desk his talons sinking into the hardwood, "I am still a
Count of the first circle even if I am exiled in this backward place."
.
            The black skinned demon cringed back
from the count's outburst fear clearly written on his features. Seeing
that he had gotten his point across Kresis calmed himself.

          "Now what does our master wish me to do?"
he asked impatiently "More importantly what's in it for me?"

          "The rewards are quite substantial." the
demon said relieved to be back on familiar ground, he slid a list across
the desk. "That plus the master's support in the council on your
petition to return."

              "Impressive" Kresis quipped as
he read the list, "For all this 'generosity' what is expected of me?"

              "The Slayer and the Sorceress
have become aware of each other and their special bond." the demon said
"If they complete the joining they will be able to close the hellmouth
thus thwarting the master's plans and as you know that will strand you
here."

            "Where are they?" he asked "and what
is required of me?"

                "You must stop them from
joining." the demon said then with an evil grin he added "They reside
directly over the hellmouth in a town the humans call Sunnydale."

      "This is ridiculous you know I can't enter the area of
the hellmouth." the count protested "I'll have to use troops. What are
available for me to use?"

        "The usual." the demon answered

        Resigned the count collapsed into an overstuffed
easy chair, his heavily muscled seven foot frame sprawled out casually.

        "Second rate demons and vampires against the
Chosen One and her Sorceress who also just happen to Sisters of the
Soul." he sighed "I hope our master realizes the impossible task he has
set for me. I will do my best but to be honest I can only work with what
I'm given."

              He rose and put on his leather
duster then bowed slightly to the demon behind the desk.

            "I will strive to follow the
commands of our master." He said and sept out of the room and was headed
back to the airstrip within minutes.

            "What do you think?" said a
disembodied female voice from the shadows "Will he succeed?"

            "I truly do not know your grace."
the demon said to the provocatively dressed darkly beautiful female
disengaging herself from the shadows "There is much aligned against him,
but fortune favors the brave."

              "In other words he will try
and fail." she laughed "The only question is will he live. Oh well it
won't take much effort to open another portal and our dear count Kresis
is expendable.
Come my pet I hear the inhabitants of this world are quite a
delicacy lets try some."

           "As you wish your grace." the demon
said smiling wickedly knowing he would be allowed to feed well tonight,
the mistress was in a good mood.

              She stepped to his side and
let her taloned finger trace the line of his jaw over his dry scaly
skin.

              "Maybe we will find one to
play with," she purred and smiled revealing two rows of razor sharp
teeth and fangs, "before we use her for a late snack."

            "Gods I love my job." the demon
sighed, his long forked tongue flicked out then back.

              The female laughed maniacally
as she led the way out followed closely by her pet demon.
She was pleased with he pet he had performed his part well,
Kresis hadn't suspected a thing,
end part 1
tbc

No matter where you go - there you are.
 ~Buckaroo Bonzai~
The second worst tragedy in the world:
Not getting everything you want.
The worst tragedy in the world:
Getting it. ~Oscar Wilde~
Life is a lingering disease that ends ultimately in death.