FIC: TT&T (Chapter 17: Planning Among Other Things)

Hey all!

It's almost here and next it's Round One

Stefan Cilia

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 17: Planning Among Other Things

"This belongs to me." Joyce exclaimed as the blade flared.
"Mom why don't you have a seat and we'll talk." Buffy offered.
Joyce sheathed the sword and walked over to the table. Buffy offered her a
seat next to her which she took.
"Did we miss something?" Cordelia asked as she and Stjar'a walked down the
stairs.
"Not much." Czar commented from the shadows.
"I'm happy for you." Joyce said from out of the blue.
"Excuse me?" Buffy asked.
"I said: I'm happy for you two." Joyce repeated a little louder.
"Well I didn't expect that." Spike stated, but was hushed by a glare from
Luna.
"Then why the sudden outburst Ms. Summers?" Amy asked.
"Don't know, maternal instincts mixed with the power I guess."
"I can understand that." Willow said in low voice.
"So you're okay with this?" Buffy asked holding up their held hands and the
light glistened on the silver band.
"Yes and I don't know. They told me they were moving in together, but then I
heard you were pregnant and I just got so angry."
"But you thought you were all cool about Willow and Buffy?" Anya asked.
"I still am, but I guess deep down there were doubts and the merging with
the fire spirit brought them to the surface."
"Oh it brought something more to the surface then just you're temper."
Cordelia stated.
"Excuse me?"
"Here! Take a look." Cordelia said and offered her a small mirror.
"Oh my god, I'm."
"Younger." Buffy said as she tilted her head and took a closer look.
"Okay so Joyce is younger. Great! Now we need a plan because we're about to
be hit three times in rapid succession and soon." Spike said.
"So what do we do. Dig trenches?"
"We sharpen our swords and wait." Giles said calmly.
"I do not believe we'll have the time to wait." Al'x stated.
"And why is that?" Spike asked.
"They'll attack us tonight."
"Care to elaborate on that theory?"
"They all know that tonight is the best time to get us. Before we have time
to fully work out our plans. Trust me the first wave will come crashing this
eve." Al'x stated in serious tone that bore with it the voice of experience.
"Then we have twelve hours to plan out defensive." Spike said as he stood up
and started walking around the table. Waiting for someone to speak up.
"We can set up fort in the mansion." Buffy suggested.
"Yes and we can make it look like we're all just fixing it up and then when
they come wham." Willow exclaimed in her own unique way.
Spike stopped and stared at the them, Al'x and Giles also did a fair about
of staring.
"I love it." Spike exclaimed after a long drawn out silence and clapped his
hands together.
"We'll need weapons, lots of them." Al'x stated.
"Done!" Wesley exclaimed.
"We also need to set up sort of last resort weapon." Giles said.
"I could set up a fire spell under the house." Willow said.
"How big?" Spike asked.
"How big do you want them to be?" Willow asked simply. The planning was
underway

The sun was low in sky by the time everything was in place. The day had been
spent hauling weapons and supplies to the mansion, reinforcements where on
the way from San Francisco, but wouldn't arrive until late in the night.
There was a linger tension in the air, though mainly between Amy and
Wesley.
They all sat on the porch enjoying the calm before the storm. Stjar'a sat
and dangled her feet from the highest branch, Spike just lay back and
enjoyed the sun with Luna. Giles had volunteered to fetch Angel and of
course Faith had tagged along. Joyce and Buffy sat in the shade talking
about where things would go from here. Wesley slowly made his way to Amy's
side with an apologetic look on his face. Czar and Anya were comparing notes
while Al'x leaned against the tree and watched as Cordelia walked up to
Willow

"Hey Wills."
"Hello Cordelia."
"Wills I have to ask you something."
"Yes."
"Yes what?"
"Yes it's worth it."
"Is it really?"
"It's always hard at first Cordy nothing can change that."
"But there are other issues."
"What the age difference?"
"No nothing like that. She's a little scared. well because I'm human."
"That's understandable since elves have long a lifespan."
"How long?"
"Ask Al'x I think he'll know more then me."
"One more thing Wills."
"The remorse never goes away Cordy, never."
"Thanks I needed that."

Willow walked over to Buffy and Joyce.
"So you two make peace yet."
"Sort of, now we're talking about what a shame it is to trash the mansion."
Buffy answered.
"I'm also worried about Buffy fighting tonight." Joyce said.
"Nothing will happen to her Ms. Summers I promise." Willow said firmly as
she put and arm around Buffy.
"I know that Willow and I'm glad Buffy has you."
"And the fact there's going to be wedding after all this doesn't worry you?"
Willow asked with a grin.
"Fight now, panic later." Joyce stated with smile.
"New slogan."
"New me." Joyce said with a smile

"Hey Xander."
"Cordy."
"Mind moving out of the way so I can climb."
"Sure."
"Xander how old do elves get?"
"The oldest I met was a thousand. Why do you ask?"
"No reason, just curious."
"She'll overcome it you know."
"I hope so."

"Amy mind if I sit?"
"Sure Wes."
"Amy I want to apologize for earlier, I was out of line and you're right
sometimes I tend to get caught up in my duties and I become closed."
"Wes I know and I'm sorry I slapped you, but sometimes you can be so.."
"I know."
"Friends then." He offered her his hand.
"Friends." She shook it with a smile.

Minutes after the sun disappeared the red Citroen parked outside the
mansion.
"What's with the new car Giles?" Angel asked.
"It's not a new one Angel."
"You're telling me this is the same old beat up piece of junk you used to
drive."
"Yes, well aside from the engine, tires, gearshift and undercarriage."
"And you did all this in."
"Less then a week yes."
"You don't sleep much do you?"
"No not lately, don't have to for some reason."
"Well it's good to know one of us will not fall a sleep in the wait a head."

Spike stood up and felt very old.
"Time to get ready people." He stated simply as the gathered around in the
hall.
"What no speech?" Al'x asked with a grin.
"Yeah Spike give us a speech." Buffy said.
"Red help me out here?"
"Sorry Spike this is too much fun."
"Very well then." He said, stood straight and cleared his throat.
"Our world is threatened once again, not the big blue globe, but our world,
our lives. So let us to just that fight for our lives and the lives of those
not yet born. I know you will stand with each other this night for you're
more then just a group of friends, you're a family." When Spike was finished
he looked around. Silence, tears and smiles.
"Nice speech." Czar commented.
"Thanks mate."
They could hear the roar of approaching cars.
"They don't waste any time do they?" Spike stated.