ff:Exquisitely Bored Chapter 4-Never Let Me Down Again

Title: Exquisitely Bored Chapter 4-Never Let Me Down Again
Rating R or PG13
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Father just moved to Sunnyvale. Cordillia and Buffy life long friends run
head long into the new slayer in town.
Warning: Love and sex between two women, don't like it don't read it.
Note: I really need feed back. I need direction. Just don't hurt me too bad,
and yes I already know I suck at spelling and grammar. Who knew I would need
those in life.

Never Let Me Down Again

Giles pushed the globe to make it spin. He was about to tell his
stepdaughter and her best friend a fairytale. One that was more grim than
the dear brothers ever wrote down and was absolutely true.
How do you tell the children you have come to care so much about that the
world is not a nice place and you are a secret part of the darker side of
life.
"This world is older than any of can imagine. Contrary to popular mythology,
it did not begin as a paradise. For untold eons demons walked the Earth.
They made it their home, their... their Hell. But in time
they lost their purchase on this reality. The way was made for mortal
animals, for, for man. All that remains of the old ones are vestiges,
certain magicks, certain creatures..."
"Like Vampires, Like last night?" Cornelia asked opening her sketchbook. I
made some sketches while Buffy slept." Cordillia added showing the group her
life like drawings.
"Wow, looks like a bunch of women in serious need of a facial to me." Buffy
said.
"Buffy, have you seen that hickey you have on your neck, they were
vampires!" Cordillia said staring at Buffy.
"Cordillia, these are very good drawings." The redheaded slayer said
studying them
"Thank you, they were vampires right?" The artist asked.
"Yes, they were vampires." Willow whispered back. "Cordillia could you make
a sketch of the tomb from memory? There is something I am forgetting about
it. And if you could make a few drawing maybe I could remember. Please."
Willow asked.
Knotting yes, Cordillia got up and moved to another table and began to work.
"So Giles what's up with you and the red head. And what's a slayer?" Buffy
asked putting her feet on the table knowing it aggravated Giles."
"For as long as there have been vampires, there's been the Slayer. One girl
in all the world, a Chosen One."
"Look Giles just cut to the chase, make it fast and simple. Stupid American
here." Buffy said in her rudest tone.
"Buffy something's you can really try my patients. All right. The Slayer
hunts vampires, Willow is the Slayer, don't tell anyone. Well, I think
that's all the vampire information you need.
" Except for one thing, Step dad, how do you kill them?"
"Buffy you don't I do." Willow said, sadly thinking she had lost her best
hope at making a friend in Sunnydale.
"What about Jesse? He is my friend. I let him down. I should have been with
him." Buffy cried."
Cordillia had finished her drawing and was returning to the table. "Buffy
stop blaming yourself. Jesse went with the girl, sorry, vampire all on his
own. So did Xander. It's not grade school anymore and you can't keep us all
safe on the playground." Cordillia moved behind her best friend and hugged
her.
"Cordillia can I see the drawing." Willow asked.
Willow took the drawing and began to study it.
"Some times I know I must be brained damaged." Willow said to the room.
"You've found something." Giles asked coming to stand next to his slayer.
"A sewer entrance. I think." Willow said pointing to a place in the drawing.
"When the larger vampire, Luke, jumped me, he did it from behind. I was
facing the only exit at the time." Willow explained.
"Ok, but how does that help get Jesse back?" Buffy asked putting her feet on
the floor.
"It might not, I need to look at a map of the sewer system. Giles do you
have a computer I can use?"
"Yes of coarse Willow, in the room by my office. It's a study lab."
"Ok while slayer girl looks at sewers Giles what should Cordy and I do
because we are going to help get Jesse back." Buffy said crossing her arms
and letting her stepfather know there was no way for him to get out of it.
"Alright, I was given something of importance to look into. It's called the
Harvest. Cordillia if you could help me with the research I would greatly
appreciate it. And Buffy, you can put all that know of Marshall Art and
ancient weaponry your father has paid for to good use. Gather together all
the weapons at our house, the ones you think would be useful and bring them
back here and store them in the book cage. I have a feeling that we may need
them."

In an hour Buffy had returned with her stepfathers car full of everything
her dad had not taken with him to LA. Willow had broken into City hall
records and was reading the city sewer system. Cordillia was helping Giles
look up The Harvest.
Then the bell rang. Buffy was not happy that Giles made her and Cordy go to
class. The blond wanted to help Willow in the worst way. She felt
responsible for Jesse.
Willow packed up some supplies from cage and then headed off campus. Well
she would have headed directly off Campus but Principle Flutie stopped her
leave via the gate, so she had to jump the fence.
Willow made it to the crypt and was looking at the chain and lock across the
sewer entrance trying to decide if picking it or just braking it would be
best. She was startled from her thoughts when she heard a woman's voice
behind her.
"Do you really think that's a wise thing to do. They will be expecting you."
There in the crypt stood a very pretty woman. She flipped her long black
hair out of her eyes staring at Willow. She looked to be somewhere between
19 and 22. Her red lips and pale skin seemed to be in the slayer. Willow was
stunned by her beauty. So apparently was Buffy. The cheerleader stood in the
doorway painting the women with her eyes. Buffy clearly liked the view.
"Who are you." Willow asked not seeing Buffy yet.
"This is cryptic girl. She loves to show up at our house, were ever my
stepfather happens to be. Leave Giles cryptic messages and then poof
disappears without saying goodbye. Right Angeline." Buffy said moving in
past the women to stand next to Willow.
"Enjoy the view, Hanszeg."
"One of these days you will just have to tell me want that means so I can
have a comeback line." Buffy said smirking.
"Half breed. Ancient word for half breed." Willow said before she remembered
what Giles had said earlier. Buffy didn't know that she was half demon.
"Half breed. Wow, you think I look like Cher." Buffy said choosing to twist
the words and play dumb. "I would have thought with your hair you would want
to play Cher."
"I guess you want to be Chastity then. You know if you want to keep that
little perversion of yours a secret, you will need to learn to not follow
people with your eyes, little one."
"Look I would love to stay and trade insults but me and my new friend have
work to do." Buffy said trying to hide her hurt once again. How did Angeline
know she was gay? Cordillia had guessed it but only after she had hinted.
Besides Cordy was her best friend. Angeline was an annoying little bitch.
She shouldn't let it bother her. But she just turned 16 two weeks earlier
and it wasn't something she wanted the world to know yet. Especially not
Willow. No yet.
"Slayer be careful. The Hanszeg is far more dangerous then she seems.
Besides you should be getting ready. The harvest is coming." With that
Angeline walked out of the crept into the sunlight.
"Ok, now that weird cryptic girl is gone how do we get in?" Buffy said
pulling on the chain.
"Ah, stand back." When Buffy moved away Willow did a perfect roundhouse kick
breaking the chain.
"Impressive." Buffy said as she entered the sewer.
"Not that I'm ungrateful for the company, but why aren't you in class.'
"I hate chemistry, this seemed more fun." Willow handed the cheerleader a
cross. After Buffy took it, Willow realized seconds after handing it over
that Buffy might not have been able to hold it. Then she realized that rule
only applied to vampires. And who the hell was Angeline? That was the real
puzzle.

"Ah Willow, about what Angeline said?" Buffy said the worry showing in her
voice.
"The women seems pretty nuts. I may have gotten it wrong. I don't really
have any idea what a Hanszeg means for sure." Willow babbled hoping to make
Buffy feel better.
"No, that part actually makes sense. I have always wondered what she meant
by that. She calls me that all the time. No you knowing what it meant kind
of helps, Angeline grew up in Ireland. Since my moms a catholic and my dads
a Presbyterian. I guess she has weirder hang up then I already guessed."
"Oh?" was all Willow said watching for signs of vampire.
They walked along in silence for a few more minutes before Buffy tried to
continue her conversation. "I don't know how she knew. I haven't told
anyone. Well Cordy. Not that Cordy's that way. She is so in love with
Xander, who is too stupid to show her the time of day. And I am not
dangerous. It's not like I'm going to jump you in the show room or
something. I guess you really don't want to be friends with me now, huh?"
Buffy babbled looking down at the ground while she walked.
"Why would you think I wouldn't want to be friends with you." Willow asked
puzzled. After all she figured that once Cordy and Buffy knew she was the
slayer they would not want to be friends with her not the other way around.
Moving to a new place could be so confusing.
"Because of what Angeline said." Buffy answered.
"The Hanszeg thing? Why would I care want religion your parents were? I'm
Jewish." Willow said adding to herself , <And you are as far from an evil
demon, from vampires I couldn't be afraid of you for that.>. Willow really
did like Buffy. She had wanted a friend for a long time. Since she became
the slayer the few friends she had stop talking to her.
"Not that part, and Jewish, cool." Buffy said.
Willow stopped walking, sure she was missing something. "Ok, I know I am
missing something so what is it that Angeline said that your upset about?"
Willow stared Buffy in the eyes waiting for her to answer in the dark light.
"You really missed that?"
"Look Buffy we are in the middle a sewer probably full of vampires, I am
really interested in every thing you have to say. But am also trying to not
get us killed. So please just tell me what's got you wigged."
"Sorry it was nothing." Buffy said hurt.
Willow didn't move. "Please Buffy I know it's important just tell me."
"She said I gay." Buffy whispered.
"And are you?"
"I think so, It's not like I have ever dated anyone or anything, I just"
Buffy paused staring at her feet. "I wish I knew how Angeline knew? I try
really hard to be like everyone else." Buffy cried.
"Maybe that's your problem. Maybe you should just try to be yourself."
Willow said. "Buffy, I am not exactly Joe normal guy with being the slayer
and all. I had to learn to not worry about what other people thought. If you
can deal with me being the slayer then dealing with you being gay. Hey no
biggy. "
"Wow, that went better then I thought. Only do you mind if I don't want
anyone else to know." Buffy asked quietly.
"I really don't want anyone else knowing about my secret." Willow said.
"Friends" Buffy said holding out her hand. Then thinking to herself, body
touching may not have been the best idea. I don't want to freak her out. But
Willow shook her hand and answered "Friends"
They continued to follow the sewer line.
"Quiet, the vampires are near." Willow whispered.
"How can you tell?"
"No more rats."
Turning a few more corners they found Jesse chained to a wall.
Buffy hugged her child hood friend. "I am so glad your alive."
"Yeah, they knew you would come. I bait."
"Hold still and I'll break the chain." Willow said.
"Jesse, Willow's a superhero we'll be out of here in no time." Buffy
reassured the boy.
Seconds after the chain was broken the three were running down the hall led
by Jesse and chased by vampires.
Jesse led them into dead end.
"Not the way out, what do we do.' Buffy said.
"Dying would be fun." Jesse said grabbing Buffy.
"The cross, Buffy, use the cross." Willow screamed while trying to shut the
door.
Buffy pulled the cross out and herded Jesse toward the door. Willow grabbed
him from behind and throw him out the door. The two girls began working
together to close it. The vampires outside were bagging against the metal
and started to peal the sheets away.
"Willow the ceiling" Buffy pointed out the grade.
"Willow jumped on top of some boxes and began pulling the ceiling grade
open. The girls were in the ductwork in minutes followed by a group of
vampires. They reached the surface and Willow opened the manhole. Buffy
climbed out first and Willow followed. Just as the slayer's leg was just
about out of the hole it was grabbed and she was pulled back down. Buffy
grabbed Willow tightly around the waist and pulled her back out again
watching the vampire's hand smoke in the sunlight. When he let go both girls
fell backwards to the ground. They both just lay on the ground in each
other's arms catching their breath. They lay wrapped together for a long
time as their emotions washed over them.

"Did you find Jesse?" Cordillia asked looking up from a stack of newspaper
articles.

"Yeah." Buffy said. The anger dripping from her voice

"Was he dead?" Giles asked wrapping his arm around Buffy.

" Worse, I think. I'm sorry," Then she looked at Cordillia " We were too
late. And they were waiting for us."
"I sorry too." Willow said before sitting down next to Cordillia

" At least you two are okay." Giles said

Buffy picked up a chair and smashed it against to wall, slitters flying
everywhere. " I don't like vampires. I'm gonna take a stand and say they're
not good." She stated then began putting the broken pieces in the trash.

"So, Mr. Giles! Got anything that can make this day any worse?" Willow
moaned with her head on the table.
"How about a master vampire raising. A hellmouth opening."

"You could of just lied to us." Willow said.

"This is what we know. Some sixty years ago, a very old, very powerful
vampire came to this shore, not just to feed.

"He came because of the hellmouth. I read about them. Inter dimensional
doorways if I remember correctly." Willow said.

"Yes It's a sort of, um, portal between this reality and the next. This
vampire hopes to open it.

"I take it that is of the bad." Buffy said.

"Ah yeah, but he blew it! Or, I mean, there was an earthquake that swallowed
half the town, and him, too. Which may have been the first good earthquake
in history." Cordillia said.

"Opening dimensional portals is a tricky business. Odds are he got himself
stuck, rather like a, uh, cork in a bottle. " Giles said.

"So the Harvest that Angeline mentioned. That is connected to this?" Willow
asked

"You met Angeline?" Giles asked his expression unreadable.

"Oh yeah, freak girl was out in her best dressed clothes at the crypt,
Giles. I want to say not for the first time, I hate her." Buffy said.

"Yes, well now is not the time to talk about Angeline, We have the Harvest
to deal with. It comes once in a century, on this night. The Master can
draw power from one of his minions while it feeds. Enough power to break
free and open the portal. The minion is called the Vessel, and he bears this
symbol. Cordillia please show them the drawing you made earlier."

"So, I kill anyone sporting that symbol, and no Harvest. The Master guy will
stay were he is." Willow said.

"Simply put, yes." Giles said.

" Any idea where the Vessel is likely to feed? Willow asked.

"They're goin' to the Bronze." Buffy said with conviction

"How can you be sure dear." Giles asked

" Oh, come on. All those beautiful young women all over the place? Anyway,
that's where Jesse's gonna be, trust me." Buffy said.

Willow went to the cage and began digging for supplies. The other followed
her into the cage. Giles last. They packed for battle.

Outside the Brozen, Willow sent the others to the back door. "Just get
everyone out safe and leave the
demons to me."
The others moved to the back door and Willow quickly climbed to the roof.
Her small body fit easily in through the window. On stage she could see Luke
with the mark of the vessel on his head. Four or five bodies lay at his
feet. Xander Harris was fighting with a female vampire but being pulled to
the stage against his will.
"Hey" Willow shouted. One of the vampires near the spotlight moved toward
her and she throw him out of the loft onto the pool table below.
"Ah don't move or freeze or something. Oh, I am coming down." <I really need
to work at lines. I don't sound threatening at all. Willow thought to
herself. >
Willow jumped on the pool table and grabbed a pool cue. With grace she
flipped off the table running the cue though the heart of a vampire.
"It's the little girl. Come to me little girl I will make it painless."
"Somehow I don't believe you." Willow jumped on the stage. Luke tossed
Xander to the side and began fighting with the slayer.
While Willow was fighting for her life, Cordillia, Giles and Buffy were
helping the others leave the Brozen. Giles and Cordillia held the door and
rushed them out while Buffy moved forth inside the bar looking for people to
herd out. When she turned a corner she found Jesse pinning Xander to the
floor just about to bite him.
Willow was having a tough time with the much larger Luke. He had knocked her
stake out of her hand and now had her from behind choking the life from her.
A small female vampire jumped Giles from behind. Cordillia grabbed a bottle
of holy water and through it over the vampire. The vampire ran from the
building screaming.
Buffy kicked Jesse in the head flipping him off Xander. Buffy was a black
belt and knew how to fight. She kicked Jesse a few more times until he was
pinned against a pillar. She broke of a chair leg and said. "Jesse you were
such a good friend. I am so sorry."
"Why Buffy, Jesse was a total dateless loser, now I'm cool."
Buffy rammed the leg through the vampire's chest. "No, Jesse was cool, your
just dust in the wind."
Willow let her body go limp, giving Luke a false sense of success. Then she
head butted him. She was loose. She dove for her stake only to have Luke
kick it away and through her across the stage into the drum set. Picking up
a drum cymbal Willow said, "Heads up." And threw the cymbal decapitating the
vampire.
Buffy clapped from the other side of the room. "And you said you were
boring."
"I am boring." Willow answered jumping off the stage.
"Exquisitely Boring."
"Hey are you flirting with me because I'm not that easy. Or into girls. At
least not that I know about, well I haven't really thought about it, I never
really thought about boys much either, I figured, hey slayers die young, and
I'm nerd girl and who would ever flirt with me, you were flirting right,
joking but flirting?" Willow babbled.

"Exquisitely boring but you do talk a lot." Buffy laughed.

"The extreme always gets a reaction" -Heathers

"Anyone who's not having fun here, follow me." -Buffy