Part: Section 0.6
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns Buffy in this
fic, since the rest is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
Feedback: Why not, boost my ego a little bit more will'ya!
Notes: Takes place in the year 2117 and has no connection to the Royalty
series. Buffy is pulled through time and space to once again battle the
forces of evil and maybe fall in love again and then there's a special thank
you for Charles <Charles.Parise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for coming up with what
G.I.L.E.S. should stand for.

BTVS: 2117
Cilia

Section 0.6.

Buffy stood and straighten her jumpsuit. Which she personally felt way too
revealing. Not that she didn't mind it on Willow Rose.
"Stupid 22nd century clothing." she muttered as she blushed at
the thought and looked down at the screen embedded in the table.
She was waiting for the candidates to arrive. Willow Rose had told her that
they had been selected by G.I.L.E.S. and herself and that they all fit the
profile of a Slayerette.
"What does Giles's stand for anyway?" she asked and looked up at
the floating ball.
"Genetic Isolinear Lifeform Emulating Sphere," G.I.L.E.S.
answered and hovered over her shoulder.
"It says here that one of your designers will be joining the
group," Buffy said and motioned to the screen.
She'd grown to like the somewhat annoying ball and he was a sentient being
and should be treated as such.
"Yes, Hope Giles, although she's since then retired from the
company," he answered.
"Any relation to my Giles?" Buffy asked.
"Of course she's a direct descendant,"
"So Giles had a kids?" Buffy stated
"Yes, several in his late life," he answered.
"Who, who was the mother of those children?" Buffy asked and
feared the answer.
"Cordelia Giles of course, its history 101," he answered.
"Cordy?!" Buffy exclaimed.
"You sound surprised. Cordelia Giles was."
"Please just Cordelia," Buffy groaned.
"Very well then. Cordelia was one of the leaders in the
Reconstruction and it came as shock when she married Rupert Giles.
"Why? Well aside from the obvious fact that she's Cordelia,"
Buffy asked.
"She was a priest of course. I suggest you read the book The
Faith in Peace, by Joanna Giles it tells the story in great." G.I.L.E.S.
trailed of at the murderous glare Buffy was giving him.
"That's a great book. You should read it," Willow commented as
she strode into the room. Strode wasn't the word, she swept into the room.
She demanded attention as her long red hair moved as she turned her head.
Buffy wasn't sure whether or not the girl knew what power she held, or maybe
it was just her own imagination running wild.
"No thank you," Buffy stated and became very interested in the
screen.
"So your Watcher moved on big deal," Willow said and sat down
next to her.
"So were are my victims, I mean candidates?" Buffy asked wanting
desperately to talk about something else.
"They should be arriving any."
There was loud yelling from outside the room and then two figures burst in.
One a short, raven haired girl, Hope Giles and the other a tall young woman,
Angel De'Light, with her long platinum white hair, but what made her stand
out, aside from her beauty, were the huge wings that atoned her back.
".minute now," Willow finished with a grin.
"Willow is this your doing?" Angel demanded..
"How could pick me on the same team as this baka!" Hope shouted,
not at Willow, but at G.I.L.E.S.
Buffy looked back and forth between the two as they continued to shout
insults. She glanced at the screen. Hope Giles, researcher, highly
intelligent and Angel De'Light, a genetically engineered human. The one and
only of her kind, being both stronger and faster then a normal human.
"Ahem!" Buffy said in a soft voice and everyone jumped to
attention, almost military style.
"Sit down please," Buffy said and was a little embarrassed at
their reaction. "Were is our third candidate?" Buffy asked
G.I.L.E.S. as the two arrivals stared at her in silent awe.
"One his way, wait there's and incoming transmission."
A small holo-screen flickered to alive over the table. A young man's face
filed the screen. His hair was soaked in sweat and there was blood trickling
from a cut on his forehead.
"Hope are you there?" he asked and was apparently out of breath.
"Stefan you alright? What happened?" Hope asked in panicked
voice.
"Vampires I think, but someone fought them off," he answered.
Buffy glanced at the info on the screen, Stefan Zoëga, born 2099 as part of
the Future project. Buffy noted to look it up on the way.
"Stay put we're coming to get you," Buffy said and turned to
Willow.
"You got a car right?"
"No, but I've got something much better," Willow answered with a
grin.

Spike jumped back into the shadows. Saving the boy had been necessary, but
not something he had planned for. There were whispers in the air and twenty
had risen last night. Something very old and very powerful was returning to
Sunnydale, something he'd left for dead a long time ago.