Part: Section 0.7
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns Buffy in this
fic, since the rest is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
forces of darkness. She befriends Willow's great granddaughter that bears
her foremothers name, a new adventure begins and Buffy must ask herself: Do
we really get a second chance?
Notes: This has no connection to the Royalty series and there's a special
thank you to Charles <Charles.Parise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for coming up with what
G.I.L.E.S. should stand for.

BTVS 2117
Cilia

Section 0.7

Buffy held on as Willow's hover zoomed through the city. Her computer again
denying her access to all files regarding the Future project.
"Damn it," she muttered.
"You won't get in," Hope stated as she looked up from the book
she was reading.
"Then can you please tell me something about this thing?" Buffy
stated and handed her the computer.
"Well officially it was a genetic experiment meant to further
human evolution," she said.
Buffy stared Blankly at Giles's descendant. Hope sighed, the diaries hadn't
lied.
"They were trying to make "better" humans, but they were shut
down for lack of positive results," she explained.
"And Zoëga is one of those not so good results," Buffy sated and
Hope nodded.
Angel listened to the conversation with interested, but never said anything.
The hover came to a silent halt. Hope was first out of it and running
towards the boy.
"G.I.L.E.S. what's up with Hope?" Buffy asked.
"After the shutdown of Future. Stefan Zoëga was put under the
care of her parents and they became friends," he explained.
Buffy scanned the area as she listened to G.I.L.E.S.' explanation. A
disregarded stake lay on the ground amidst a thin lair of dust. Willow was
looking around, running her palm over the shadows. Buffy's head snapped up
and she pulled Willow towards her.
"Buffy?" Willow exclaimed as she felt her self pressed into
Buffy. Not and uncomfortable position, but unexpected.
"Everybody back into the hover. Now!" Buffy ordered.
"Vampires?" Willow asked.
"Yep," Buffy said as she let her go.
Angel was herding Hope and Zoëga back into the hover as G.I.L.E.S. scanned
the area and Buffy bent down to pick up the stake.
"On my mark make a break for the hover," Buffy said as she
pushed Willow behind her.
The was a low rustle in the alley and then they saw the glow of several
pairs of yellow eyes.
"Go!" Buffy whispered as she jumped into the shadows.
Willow turned to run, but stopped and turned back to watch as Buffy set
about taking the vampires apart. The movements were just like they were
shown in the history records. Fluid, graceful. something flickered in the
shadows, metal, silver, a weapon, a memory of night like this long ago
flashed through her mind.
"No?!" Willow yelled as she felt something rip through her.
The rest of the group watched from the safety of the hover as rays of blue
light shot out from Willow's outstretched hands and hit the vampire that had
drawn a weapon. There was a massive release of energy as blue column of
energy reached up into the dark sky above and then there wasn't a sound
aside from the hum of the hover.
Buffy carefully opened her eyes and looked around. Willow lay on the dark
ground, unmoving. Buffy gently picked her up and carried her over to the
hover.

If someone hadn't shielded their eyes during the flash. They would have seen
a historical figure leaning against a wall in the alley. Spike looked down
at the half melted, silver, railroad spike. It was time to take this fight
to the source.