Part: Section 1.1
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns most if it,
since a large chunk is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
forces of darkness. She befriends Willow's great granddaughter that bears
her foremothers name, a new adventure begins and Buffy must ask herself: Do
we really get a second chance?
Notes: This has no connection to the Royalty series and there's a special
thank you to Charles <Charles.Parise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for coming up with what
G.I.L.E.S. should stand for.

BTVS 2117
Cilia

Section 1.1.

Hope glanced at Spike as he carried the chest into the room on his shoulder.
Damn them for leaving me alone with him, she thought.
Spike placed the chest on the floor and watched in amusement as Hope stared
at the lock.
"I believe you need one of these," he said and handed her the
key.
"You're not very nice. You know that don't you?" she stated
"Well I am a bad, rude man. Says so on my memorial," Spike
retorted with a grin.
"The great General Spike can't come up with a better come back than that?"
"At least I fought in the Great War. I was there on the lines, not behind
the planning desk like someone's ancestor," Spike said as an old anger
bubbled to the surface.
"My great-grandfather was a great man," Hope said standing up to her full
height, just barely reaching Spike's chest.
"Yes a great man, who left Willow when she needed him and then letter ran to
that whore of."
There was a loud slap as Hope's palm connected with Spike's cheek.
"Don't you ever talk that way about my family, ever," she said
in flat tone.
"Or what? I can't die anymore so what's left," he said as he
grabbed that hand that was meant for the second slap.
"You're still angry over that night in the church?" she asked in
a softer voice.
"I could have stopped her if only I had gotten there sooner," he
said.
"But you didn't and because of that you suffer. Suits you right."
Spike paused and looked at this third generation watcher. This beautiful
young woman. His eyes softened and his frown vanished.
"Stop it," she said and blushed.
Inside of Hope Giles there was a war going on between the part of her that
wanted to hate this man with passion and the other part which saw the fact
that he was that a man and deep down he cared.
"Sorry force of habit. Peace," he said and offered his hand.
"Peace for now," she said and shook it.
"And your great-grandpappy was okay," Spike added as an after
thought.
"Now you're just trying to charm me,"
"Who says I haven't already,"
"Oh please don't be so full of yourself,"
"I have every right to be full of myself."

Angel walked passed the door leading into the meeting room and picked up the
spat that could be heard inside the room.
"Angel wait up," Zoëga said as he came running her.
"Buffy told us to stay in groups," he said as he caught up.
"Zoëga we're inside the mansion. What could possibly happen?"
she asked.
"Better save than sorry," he said as he glanced at her.
Angel sensed it of course. Couldn't blame him since he was just a boy.
"I'm not a boy," he whispered and thought she hadn't heard it.
"Pardon me?"
"I said I'm not a boy," he stated.
"You're a 'tep'," she exclaimed.
"And what of it, it's not like I entered your mind or anything."
"I don't like telepaths," she stated.
They'd wandered into the center of the ballroom and he turned at pulled
himself to his full height.
"Well get used to."
There was loud crash as something burst through the windows.
"What the."
They found themselves surround by a group of uniformed men, with the
insignia in the shape of an elegant D on their uniforms.
"Humans." Angel whispered.
"Yep," Zoëga answered.
Then both felt pressure on their minds.
"A mindshredder. Go get Spike now," Zoëga ordered.
"But you..."
"Go," he ordered as he focused on the source of the mental
pressure.
Angel turned and flapped her wings, since they were in the ballroom so she
had plenty of room to maneuver and the floor was littered with shards of
glass. As she took to the air she felt something hit her site, a laser bolt.
Must fly on, she thought as she glided out of the room an into
the hall.
"Spike, Hope," she shouted with all her might as she collapsed,
just shy of the door. Almost instantly Spike was at her side.
"Angel what."
"Some men broke in through the ballroom."
The carpet was turning a darker shade.
"Say no more," Spike said and ran as Hope knelt by Angel's side.
"He' s really something," Angel said in a weak voice.
"That he is," Hope muttered.
The sounds of breaking wood and stone could be heard from the ballroom,
followed by horrifying screams.

Buffy and Willow returned to a grim scene. Spike was staring out the window,
Angel was lying in the medical unit, Hope was paging furiously through a
book, there were two men tied to chairs and G.I.L.E.S. was the only one to
greet them.
"Where's Zoëga?" Buffy asked.
"Gone, some men, undoubtedly in the service of Drusilla broke in
through the ballroom windows and kidnapped Zoëga. General Spike says the boy
gave them quite a fight, but by the time he arrived it was all but over."
"They teleported out using a mixture of magic and technology,"
Hope mumbled from the table.
"Buffy," Willow stated in panicked voice and looked down at her
hands which were covered in a yellow glow. The glow slowly covered her all.
"Willow," Buffy cried out as the girl disappeared in a flash of
light.
A small metal object fell to the ground and everyone heard it hit.

TBC...