Re: [buffyloveswillow] Couple of questions

--- Erin <erin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need some feedback on a couple of questions for a
> story I'm writing.
> Anyone who can help would be much appreciated.
>
> 1) Is Buffy her real name? Like, on her birth
> certificate?
>
> 2) Did they ever mention Faith's last name on the
> show? I don't
> remember them doing it, and I've seen several
> different last names in
> Fan Fic, so I'm just wondering.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Erin

Erin,

On the show, her name is Buffy Anne Summers. That's
how it was to appear on her wedding invitations (to
Spike, in "Something Blue"):
Spike (re: invitations) "And `Buffy' gives them that
touch of elegance!"
Buffy: "My mother gave me that name!"
Spike: "Oh, and *she's* a genius!"

Also, in the "Nightmares" ep, when Giles, Willow and
Xander are in Giles's nightmare by Buffy's grave, the
name on the headstone reads "Buffy Summers".

When she first meets Principal Flutie in "Welcome to
the Hellmouth", he looks at her transcripts and reads
out loud, "Buffy Summers". Principal Snyder also
referred to her as Buffy -- and there's no way he'd
use a nickname for her.

As for my girl Faith, they never told us her last
name. However, we do know she's from South Boston, so
she's almost certainly of Irish Catholic extraction.

I hope this was of some help to you, and your
excellent fic.

DG