ff:Exquisitely Bored Chapter 7: Blood Vengeance

Note:Dysfunctional Girl sorry I fixed and sent out am in very odd mood. Hope
you are well.

Title: Exquisitely Bored Chapter 7: Blood Vengeance
Rating R or PG13
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
just moved to Sunnydale. Cordelia and Buffy, life long friends run head long
into the new slayer in town.
Warning: Love and sex between two women, if you don't like it don't read it.

Note: I really need feed back. I need direction. Just don't hurt me too bad,
and yes I already know I suck at spelling and grammar. Who knew I would need
those in life?
Thanks: Special thanks go to AleXander Thompson whose transcripts made this
story possible.
More Thanks: To my goddess Dysfunctional Girl

Blood Vengeance

The blindness frightened Cordelia far more then it did Buffy. An artist's
eyes were her doorway through the world. Buffy was more concerned with
Xander Harris. From the moment he almost hit her with his car, King X, he
had not left the cheerleader's side.

Xander was a popular guy. Sure, he always had a cool car and a funny line.
He was joke man. But Xander didn't really have many friends. Mostly he had
sheep. Kids who followed him around trying to get some of his coolness to
rub off. And the kids that weren't sheep were the ones like Cordelia Chase.
He knew she had a crush on him. "Get in line." And Xander had actually
thought about asking her out. Only Cordelia wasn't a sheep, and he figured
he would just hurt her. Xander actually respected her, which was why he
wouldn't just ask her out.

But Buffy, Buffy was the one girl in all of the school he couldn't figure
out. She always told him what she thought, even if it wasn't cool or
popular. She had made him bring back Cordelia's dolls when they were five.
Xander had already figured out that Buffy wasn't interested in guys. Well,
he had followed her into a bookstore and seen the magazines she bought. It
really didn't surprise him. It just made him want her even more. Not as a
girlfriend or a lover. No, he had all those sheep following him around the
school and there were always nice girls like Cordelia. No, the one thing
Xander Harris really wanted. The one thing he really needed was a friend who
would tell him the truth even when it hurt. Buffy had always been the one in
his life to do that. To call him on it when he was wrong. Seeing her
helpless and blind truly hurt him to his core.

Xander carefully handed Buffy a glass of water were she lay on the sofa in
the living room at the Giles home.

"Giles, we have to find out who is doing this, what is doing this." Willow
said, looking at her Watcher.

"Witchcraft. Blinding your enemy to disorient and disable them is, it's
classic!" The Watcher replied

"First vampires, now witches. No wonder you can still afford a house in
Sunnydale." A forgotten Xander said from beside Buffy.

"But why should anyone want to harm Buffy?" Cordelia asked.

"Cheerleading, it has got to be cheerleading." Buffy said "It's the only
thing Amber and I have in common."

"Someone doesn't like cheerleading?" said the confused Watcher.

"Or likes it too much." Willow whispered.

"Amy" All three girls said.

"Explain" said the Englishman.

" She's desperate to get on that team, and I've got this feeling she'd do
just about anything to make her mom's dream come true, Giles" Buffy said,
while trying to sit up. Xander who had become almost a leach to on Buffy
guided her to a sitting position.

" Uh, let me make sure I have this right. This witch is casting horrible
and disfiguring spells so that she can become a cheerleader?" The Watcher
said in disbelief. It was a terrible thought to him

" I think you're underestimating the amount of pressure a parent can lay on
you. If you're not a picture perfect carbon copy they tend to wig." Cordelia
said sadly, thinking of her father.

" Cheerleading was kind of her mom's last hurrah." Buffy explained.

"Wait, I read something in a book last week." Willow ran from the room into
Giles study and then returned carrying a book. "Here, a conclusive test for
witches. I'll need some of her hair, a little quicksilver and some
aquafortis. That's just mercury and nitric acid. I can get that in the
science lab."

Willow had taken to reading all of Giles books in the library and at home.
Her love of books was a great asset as a slayer but sometimes made Giles
feel like a fifth wheel. The girl knew his private library almost as well as
he did himself.

Giles took the book and read out loud "Heat ingredients and apply to witch,
and if a spell has been cast in the previous 48 hours, witch's skin turns
blue.' Hmm. Oh, and you'll need some Eye of Newt."

"Where are we going to get a Newt?" Cordelia asked.

"What's a Newt?" Xander added.

"Will a frog's eye work?" Willow asked.

The next day at school, operation witch testing went into effect. Cordelia
scored the vital ingredient by taking a hair from Amy's brush during morning
cheerleading practice.

When chemistry class came around they were well into mixing the formula for
the spell. Thankfully Giles had talked Principle Futie into letting Willow
take chemistry.

Cordelia and Willow sat at the back table, while a nervous Xander huddled
near them. Xander moaned as Cordelia cut the eye from the frog and dropped
it into the mix.

"Wish me luck." The slayer said, while carefully taking the potion into her
hand. Xander slid onto the stool after Willow moved toward Amy. Amy turned
around, looking at Willow as she moved forward.

"Wave to the nice witch." Xander said. The edge of anger in his voice.

Willow stopped to tie her shoe, it was the only reason she could thing of
to stop by Amy's table. Then standing she turned to say something, stumbled
through a chorus of "Ah Ah Ah's." And spilled the potion on Amy's hand. It
didn't appear to be the least bit accidental. Amy's hand turned blue where
the potion touched. The two just stared into each other's eyes, each daring
the other to take action. They were broken from their stare war when a
scream was heard. Blue Turner-Smith had lost her mouth. There was only skin
in its place.

Since both Buffy, Blue and Amber were out of cheerleading for a while,
Willow was dressed for the game. Normally she would not have been happy
about this. The redhead did not want to be a cheerleader. She was more than
happy being a computer geek.

She and Cordelia had dressed in their uniforms. The brunette was at the
kitchen table fixing toast. Mr. Rosenburg was reading the morning news.
Willow danced into the room, singing, "Disco Disco Duck, Quack Quack" Both
Ira and Cordelia looked up at the red head. Willow was not a good singer.

"Well, you're in a good mood." The artist said.

"But do you have to sing that song?" Ira asked, wondering if he would ever
understand teenagers.

Willow continued to dance around the table getting juice. "What can a
slayer, no, I mean girl, no, slayer girl, slayer that is a girl, a girl who
is a slayer, what was I talking about?"

Cordelia didn't give Willow a chance to say anything more. She grabbed the
redhead by the hand and pulled her out of the room. "Sorry, we've got to get
to school, Mr. Rosenburg.

"Teenagers" was all the college professor said.

All day Cordelia worried about Willow. It was like she was drunk. And she
would not stop singing that stupid song. Disco Duck. She was so worried she
talked to Xander about it. It had been a funny conversation. They were both
worried about Buffy though Giles reported to them Buffy's eyes were getting
better each hour. Still, they knew Giles was worried about his stepdaughter,
which is why they didn't say anything about Willow to him. Xander and
Cordelia had never really talked to each other, at least not like this, and
now Cordelia was wondering why. Xander really was a nice guy. He clearly
cared for Buffy. Then Cordy realized maybe they were all growing up and, Jr.
high crushes aside, it always helped to have friends.

The cheerleaders were running through their last practice before the game,
when Willow picked up and flipped another one of the girls a little too
hard. Xander and Cordy grabbed the Slayer and pulled her out of practice,
Cordelia telling the others she was on medication. Just outside of the gym
door Xander had to carry the redhead.

"I sure have been carrying you girls a lot this week." The would-be hero
said.

"Yeah well, you know we needed a real man." Cordelia laughed as she opened
the door to the library.

They got Willow to the library as quickly as they could.

The teens lay Willow on the table, and got Giles to examine her.

"Mr. Giles, what is it?" a nervous Cordillia asked.

"This is a bloodstone vengeance spell." Giles said while taking her pulse. "
Hits the body hard like a, a quart of alcohol, and then it e-eradicates the,
uh, immune system."

"This is because Willow knows she a witch right?" Cordelia asked.

"Yeah. You know, Buffy really needs to come out of the closet and tell you
that she's gay. Oh, I don't feel so good." Willow said out of the blue,
trying to sit up.

"Yes, well the others she just wanted out of the running. You, she intends
to, um..., Buffy is gay?" Giles said as the last statement stuck in his
head.

"Giles, she doesn't know what she is saying." Cordelia said to try and cover
for Buffy.

"Yes, blood vengeance spell thing, huh, Buffy gay, that is a laugh." Xander
added.

"You knew?" Cordelia whispered then seeing Giles, "Oh yeah, Buffy."

Willow, who was struggling to focus, asked. "How much time do we have?
Before, what you said, Amy is trying to kill me, so how much time."

" Oh, uh, I'm sure, uh..."

" Truth. Please, Mr. Giles"

" A couple of hours... three at most."

" Well, how do we reverse the spell?" Cordelia asked

" Well I, I've been researching that, and, uh, we can reverse all the spells
if, um..." Ok Giles was clearly into faking it mode, and took his glasses
off to clean them.

"We can just lay our hands on, on Amy's spell book. We need to see her mom."
Willow said trying to stand up. Visions of a book on witchcraft she had been
reading in Giles study came flooding her brain in the fog of the spell.

After a few mini stops, like getting Amy's address from the office, the four
arrived at the Madison home.

"Mrs. Madison, we need to talk to you about your daughter." Giles said

" I'm not allow... You'll have to come back later." Mrs. Madison said but
Giles just forced the door open and Xander carried Willow inside followed by
Cordelia.

The living room was small with the coach taking up most of the room. On the
far wall was a TV playing some talk show. The coffee table was covered in
teen magazines and notebook paper. In the center was a large plate of
brownies.

" Your daughter is meddling with something very dangerous, are you aware of
that? " Giles shouted, all his anger coming out. Xander moved around them
and put Willow down on the couch. Cordelia picked up a near by blanket,
throwing it over the redhead. The plate of brownies on the coffee table
puzzled her. Mrs. Madison had always been insane about her diet. Padlocking
the refrigerator if she gained a pound.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about."

" Oh, I think you know only too well." The watcher was furious. His fists
were shaking at his side.

" You've got to go. She's gonna be home soon, and you..."

"My step daughter is at home, blind, and this girl is very sick. Now you
will shut up and you will listen to me! Your daughter has access to some
very powerful magics, and somehow your obsession with cheerleading has
made..."

Catherine cut him off saying. " I don't care about cheerleading! It's not my
fault she's doing stuff."

Cordelia just kept looking at the brownies, and now Mrs. Madison's body
language. "Ah Giles, she isn't Mrs. Madison."

"What?" Giles shouted

"You're Amy. Right? You're Amy."

Catherine let her tears flow, Cordelia was right. Cordelia had seen the
truth. "Yes" she whispered.

After that it was a whirlwind. They searched the house, found the spell book
and dolls. Rushed back to the car. Squeezed five people in Giles' small car
and headed for school.

The cheerleading squad was frantic. They needed Cordelia for the game. Giles
sent her and Xander to watch Amy while he, Catherine and Willow set up in
the science lab.

Xander and Cordelia were both worried sick. No news was not always good
news. Cordelia could barely go through the motions as she did the cheers.

It was half time and the squad took the floor for there big half time show
ending with a human Pyramid. Amy was on the top of the pyramid then she
became dizzy. Then the pyramid fell. The look Amy gave the crowd before
running out of the gym told them enough of the story. Xander hurried across
the floor, and helped Cordelia up before the teens headed after the witch.
Running, they caught up to the witch at the beginning of the science wing.

"Hey, Amy you forgot your broom. You can't steal other peoples bodies
without it." Cordelia said.

The witch just held out her hand and squeezed. Cordelia dropped to the floor
breathless. Xander jumped at Amy only to have her fist meet his head
knocking him out cold.

Amy / Catherine then went to the fire box breaking the glass with her hand.
She pulled the as out and headed to the science lab.

In the science lab, Giles hurried through the spell. His daughter's sight
and his slayer's life depended on it. He could hear the ax hitting the door.
Felt Catherine cringe and shake beside him but he carried on.

The body of Amy Madison was through the door. She pulled the ax back to kill
the Slayer when the spell worked. Now the body and soul of Amy Madison was
standing over Willow, ax in hand. Tears of joy running down her cheeks. Then
Mrs. Madison took the ax out of her hand, knocking her across the floor
right into Giles. The force of Amy hitting the watcher slammed his head into
the chalkboard before is body slid down the wall. Giles was unconscious
against the wall. She chased her daughter across the room with the ax. She
held it high over her head, and was getting ready to swing down, when Willow
pulled the ax out of her hands.

"Now that wasn't very nice, Mrs. Madison."

The evil witch's eyes turned black and she knocked Willow and the ax into
the far wall. She began to recite a spell. Energy was turning around her.
Willow noticed a set of prisms on the desk. Two to be exact. Turning the
points opposite of each other she aligned them the way she had read about in
an alchemy book. Well, also in a physics book, too. When Mrs. Madison
released the spell the energy hit the prism filtering it. Then it filtered
through the second prism and back at Mrs. Madison. Whatever spell she had
cast it was returned to work it's magic on the evil witch.

Later that night they were all eating pizza at the Giles home. Rupert was
actually hoping Xander wasn't going to be a regular at the household. He ate
two pizzas by himself. Still, he was happy they were all ok. Buffy had her
vision back, Cordelia was now living at the Rosenberg home, Willow was not
under a spell, and Xander was eating him out of house and home. The watcher
smiled to himself, wondering if life could get any better than this. He was
a happy man. Then he remembered there was one other thing he needed to deal
with.

He could wait until they were alone. Buffy would then lie to him. Her
friends would cover and by tomorrow they would have solidly agreed on a lie
to tell him and Joyce. He could pretend nothing happened, which is what his
English soul was begging him to do. Or he could deal with it, hoping Joyce
wouldn't make him sleep on the couch for the rest of his life. This was the
Hellmouth. Secrets got you killed, and because he loved his family he would
simply have to deal with things.

"There is one thing I need to know Buffy." The Englishman said. "This
afternoon when Willow was deeply ill under the bloodstone vengeance spell,"
Both Cordelia and Willow hung their heads looking at the ceiling and floor
respectively. " Willow mentioned that you needed to tell me something, well
myself and your mother. " Joyce was now sitting quietly, hoping Rupert
hadn't lost his mind.

"Giles, I was at home, blind. I have no idea what......." Buffy was now
looking at her friends. "I'll get back to you in a minute." Buffy then
grabbed Willow and Cordy, dragging them to the den.

"Rupert, what is going on?" Joyce asked.

<bite>gay. Hey, is there more pizza in that box?" Xander said lost in food.

"Try in the kitchen, Xander" Joyce knew there was no more pizza in the
kitchen, she just wanted him out of the room.

Once he had left she asked, "Rupert what is going on?"

"I thought it would be better if she told us in her own time. Well, if she
was the one to tell us."

Meanwhile in the den. "Somebody want to tell me what just happened here?"
Buffy said panicking.

"Sorry" Both Cordelia and Willow said together.

"Buffy, it's my fault, when I was under the spell I kind of said something
to Giles."

"What? What did you say?" The cheerleader was hyperventilating

"What I keep telling you, that you should come out to your family. "
Cordelia said hugging her lifelong friend.

"Well I guess now I don't have to. Thanks to my friends." Buffy flopped onto
the couch next to Willow. They all remained silent.

"Ok, but what about Xander?" Buffy asked.

"He already knew. Which is weird, because I didn't tell him and I am sure
Willow didn't either." Cordelia said.

"Great, just great." Buffy said and then they remained silent for several
more minutes.

Finally Buffy stood up. "I just hope I am not grounded for the rest of my
life." She opened the door with the redhead and brunette following her close
behind.

Buffy went straight into the dining room. Wondered what Xander was eating
now. Then proclaimed without looking at her parents. "Ok, I am gay, so how
long am I grounded?" She then flopped into her seat and stared at her plate.

"Buffy we are not going to ground you for being gay. But while we are on
this subject, are you sure you're gay?" Joyce asked.

"Thank you for letting your mother and I know. We want to be a part of your
life." Giles said.

"Honey, have you tried not being gay?" Joyce said.

"Auuhh" Was all Buffy said before bouncing her head on her plate.

"Joyce perhaps...." Giles started off to say more but gave up.

"Are you seeing anyone. Are you and Willow...?" Joyce continued.

"Just kill me." Buffy moaned.

"Well she is the Slayer, and that might seem exciting , but." Joyce
continued.

"Mom, I am not seeing Willow or anyone. It isn't about seeing people, well
it is someday,.. hopefully ... but. Mom can we not do this now. Or ever."
Buffy whined.

"Yeah, I think she is just in the magazine reading stage, Mrs. Summers."
Xander said, finishing a bag of chips and trying to be helpful.

"What!" The three girls asked together.

"Yeah, you know all those magazines you buy. Curve, The Advocate, you know,
those lesbian magazines that always have Chastity Bono or Ellen Degeneres'
mom or something on them."

Everyone at the table stared at him.

"What, its not like she buys nudie magazines or anything. They don't sell
Penthouse to minors." Xander said, looking for more food on the table.

"There are a thousand things I want to ask now, but I think we would all be
better off not knowing the answers. But my God, Xander, do you follow her
around and read over her shoulder, and could you possibly fit anymore food

"I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz." Willow

"Anyone who's not having fun here, follow me." -Buffy