ff: Exquisitely Bored Chapter 8: Ms Calendar the Social Worker.

Title: Exquisitely Bored Chapter 8: Ms Calendar the Social Worker.
Rating R or PG13
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
just moved to Sunnydale. Cordelia and Buffy, life long friends run head long
into the new slayer in town.
Warning: Love and sex between two women, if you don't like it don't read it.

Note: I really need feed back. I need direction. Just don't hurt me too bad,
and yes I already know I suck at spelling and grammar. Who knew I would need
those in life?
Thanks: Special thanks go to AleXander Thompson whose transcripts made this
story possible.
More Thanks: To my goddess Dysfunctional Girl

Ms Calendar the Social Worker

Jenny Calendar was new to Sunnyvale and it wasn't just her current job that
brought her to sunny California. Jenny Calendar and been given a sacred duty
of her people, a task from the elders. A curse to watch. And to pay the
bills she got a job as a Social Worker. Still, social work was a new field
for the computer expert. Today was Jenny's first home visit ,and since she
had been raised by gypsies, she really had no idea what to expect from the
college professor's house.

Minutes after ringing the bell it was answered by a half demon. Jenny wasn't
positive but the girl's aura definitely was odd. `Mischief demon', Jenny
thought.

"Yeah, what?" The blonde teen said.

"Cordelia Chase?" Jenny asked

"Buffy Summers. Why?" `Definitely a mischief demon,' Jenny thought as she
watched the girl.

"I was looking for Cordelia Chase." Jenny stated, almost laughing at the
girl's body language.

"You the social worker?" `So that is what this is all about, the demon is
protecting the girl. If she was indeed a girl.' the gypsy surmised. It was
actually a nice feeling; the demon was not dangerous, only protective of
some one she cared about. `A very nice feeling', Jenny thought, `Sunnydale
is too full of evil for my taste.'

"Yes, I am the social worker, Jenny Calendar. And how exactly do you know
Miss Chase?"

"She is the girl of my dreams" was what Buffy wanted to scream, but instead
she just opened the door and let the woman in.

"Buffy, is that the social worker?" Willow yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes" Buffy shouted back, then slammed the door shut behind Jenny before
turning and walking toward the kitchen. "Well, are you coming?"

Jenny did laugh out loud, but she followed the girl into the kitchen.

There were two other girls working on dinner when Jenny made it into the
kitchen. A tall brunette girl was cutting carrots for a salad, and a smaller
redhead was stirring some kind of sauce on the stove. From the boiling
spaghetti noodles, Jenny guessed it was spaghetti sauce.

Jenny took a hard look at the little redhead. Her aura was almost blinding.
`An angel.' was Jenny's first thought. The gypsy-witch had never seen an
angel, but if she did, this was the aura she would guess an angel would
have. It was as far from evil as you could get. It actually took her breath
away.

"Is there something wrong?" the brunette asked her. Jenny realized she was
staring.

"No, sorry. You just reminded me of my grandmother cooking. It doesn't
matter. So, which one of you is Cordelia Chase?" Jenny knew she was
babbling, trying to cover her tracks. If the half-demon had surprised her,
this redhead had astonished her. `Not something you expect to find on a
hellmouth', Jenny added to her list of other thoughts.

"I'm Cordelia." The brunette answered.

"It's nice to meet you. May I ask who your friends are?" Jenny said, trying
to focus her attention.

"I am Willow Rosenberg. I live here too." The redhead said from the stove.

When Buffy didn't say anything, even after Willow and Cordelia stared at
her, Cordelia said, "Buffy, be polite."

"What, I told her at the door who I was." There was something about this
woman that Buffy instinctively didn't like. Something that was telling her
to protect her friends. Protect Cordelia. Only protection came off as really
rude now.

"Yes, Buffy introduced herself in the living room." Mischief demons and
gypsies had a long running mistrust of each other. Jenny guessed that was
the reason the girl was clearly sending protection vibes. It was like a
mother protecting her young. It made the gypsy-witch like the girl that much
more. That much devotion from someone so young, much less from demon blood,
needed to be respected.

The girls gave Jenny a tour of the house before Ira Rosenberg came home from
work. Jenny was there to eat dinner with the family, and then interview both
Cordelia and Mr. Rosenberg. It went surprisingly well. That, and she totally
enjoyed Ira Rosenberg. A nice single guy who wasn't a vampire, demon,
alcoholic, sex addict, or just plain gross. It was a real change on the
hellmouth.

After dinner Xander Harris showed up and ate all the leftovers. He was
becoming a staple in the girls' lives. For Xander, it was like he was
finally being welcomed home. People who liked him for himself. It was like
heaven for a boy who's own parents couldn't remember his name, and
compensated with money and cars, instead of the love he really wanted.

They all left for the Bronze, letting Willow out at the cemetery to patrol.
Willow would do a run through the town before meeting them at the club.
Well, that was the plan. Instead the redhead ran into some trouble in the
form of two large blue demons. She put a stake through the first one's
heart, only to find that didn't work on this type of demon.

Willow guessed it hurt him though, because he screamed really loudly before
he threw her twenty feet across the graveyard. She had bruises on her
bruises. She almost lost the fight several times before she managed to pin
Mr. Stake-Through-The-Heart against a tombstone and snap his neck. When she
took a breath in relief because he stayed dead, she made an almost fatal
mistake. Mr. Non-Stake-In-The-Heart grabbed her by the hair, and began
pounding her head into another grave marker, between kicking her ribs.
Willow knew she was a goner, then she heard the demon's neck break. He
dropped to the ground next to the tomb she was draped over.

In her half-conscious state she was glad when Angeline helped her to her
feet.

"Having a rough night, Slayer?" The woman asked the girl.

"You could say that." Willow answered, almost sliding to the ground.
Angeline pulled her back up and began to wipe the blood away from her face.

"Will, that outfit is a goner. Not even the Salvation Army could salvage
it." Angeline said as she picked up Willow's supply bag and held the Slayer
up.

"Uh huh" was all the dazed redhead could say.

"Meeting your cheerleading squad at the Bronze after almost getting yourself
killed? That was the plan, right?" Angeline was already walking the girl in
the direction of the Bronze. She knew the Slayer's habits almost as well as
she knew the Watcher's or the Hanszeg's. And now, helping the Slayer fit her
plans for the Hanszeg.

After about a block Willow didn't need to lean on Angeline. She had even
stopped bleeding from her head wound. A block from the Bronze, Willow
slipped into the Dairymart bathroom and changed clothes. Angeline had
enjoyed that. The Slayer was very attractive.

When Willow was cleaned up and dressed the two women headed to the Bronze.
Neither woman saw the lone figure following them in the dark. Jenny Calendar
was not happy about this at all. It was one thing to watch the cursed demon
Angeline, but the girl was the Slayer. She should have guessed this from the
girl's aura at dinner. It was the only real explanation for the girl's
goodness in such an evil place. The gypsy-witch was so busy worrying over
the Slayer and what Angeline's plans for the girl were, she never thought
about the other thing she had discovered that evening. Then again, the
elders had never told her the full story. They had never told her how to
break the ancient curse.

Angeline should live forever cursed to serve the Watcher's Council. To do
their bidding, never feeling a minute's joy. No man, human or demon, on the
face of the earth could ever make her feel joy or pleasure again. And only
in pleasure of the flesh, from one not of heaven or hell could she break the
curse. Only in honest love from the heart could the curse be lifted.

It had taken Angeline almost two hundred years of service to the Council to
find the key to breaking the curse. It was simple enough. She needed to find
a being born of and from the earth, that was neither human nor demon. She
would have found the answer much sooner, but the Watchers banned her from
their books. She was sent to fill orders and the curse made it impossible to
not do the Watchers' bidding. She was a valuable tool for them, a demon who
could live among demons without fear of harming others. A demon who would
report information back to the Watcher's Council. She was their ear to the
demon world. Their trusted spy.

It was by accident one day, while helping Rupert Giles, she found a
dictionary of demonology. There in plain sight was a Hanszeg. One who is
neither fully human or demon. One born of love with a human soul and a demon
essence. The step to it being a female Hanszeg to break the curse had been a
simple jump. Hanszeg's were far more rare then you might think. They had to
be born of love. Real love was rare enough, but love between a demon and
mortal was even more rare. Sure, half-breeds were born all the time, but not
out of pure love. Then there was that smallest of loopholes. She had to make
the Hanszeg love her, not just like or want her. Love her. It would have to
be a female Hanszeg that was an honest lover of women, not just somebody up
for a thrill.

Buffy had been too young then for Angeline to attempt to seduce. The demon
had spent so much time pissing the girl and the Watcher off, she couldn't
jump tracks and change the way she treated her without drawing suspicion. So
Angeline had waited for the girl to grow up enough to put her plan in place.
It had a small window of success. The curse really was quite long and full
of do's and don'ts. It had so many loopholes and rules it had taken her two
hundred years to make any sense of it. But she had to break it. Being a
Watcher's lackey was not her idea of fun. Hell, being anyone's lackey was
not her idea of fun. She was not known as the Scourge of Ireland without
reason.

"I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz." Willow

"Anyone who's not having fun here, follow me." -Buffy