fw: Re: [buffywantswillow] Digest Number 109

Yes, the secret is out, your humble scribe is indeed an Anglophile. But doesn't it make sense
for Spike and Giles, born and bred Brits, to quote their fellow countrymen? Little known
fact, before he discovered 'Passions', Spike was a rabid Eastenders fan. He also liked
Ballykissangel, but stopped watching at the end of the third season like everyone else(and
you'll have to find out why everyone stopped watching at the end of the third season, I'm not
spoiling any plots for anyone!)

As for Cordelia being a de facto Slayer, it's not outside the realm of possibility. She did have
the brains to rig up the holy water bucket traps around the church where she was hiding out.
Of course, if Alt-Buffy's plan works, none of this will have come to pass, so Cordy won't be
a slayer, so Buffy won't go back to stop it, and---In the immortal words of Miles O'Brien
from Star Trek; Deep Space Nine, "I hate Temporal Mechanics!"

Thanks for the kind words, I'm getting to the home stretch in my story. I figure three
chapters are left. Hope to have it finished in a week or two, tops.

See you around,
Kirayoshi

@--\---\------

Willow: It's okay. I understand you having to bail. I can forgive that. Mm, I have to make
allowances for what you're going through a-and be a grownup about it.
Buffy: You're really enjoying this whole moral superiority thing, aren't you?
Willow: It's like a drug!
Buffy: Fine! Okay. I'm the bad. I can take my lumps... for a while.
Willow: All right. I'll stop giving you a hard time. Runaway.
Buffy: Will!
Willow: I'm sorry! Quitter.
Buffy: Whiner.
Willow: Bailer.
Buffy: Harpy.
Willow: Delinquent.
Buffy: Tramp.
Willow: Bad seed.
Buffy: Witch.
Willow: Freak.
---"Deadman's Party"

> ** Original Subject: Re: [buffywantswillow] Digest Number 109
> ** Original Sender: "Soren Nyrond" <soren_nyrond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> ** Original Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:03:07 -0500

> ** Original Message follows...

>Okay -- that one was *total* ROTFLOL -- and it works :: Spike a Red Dwarf
fan -- how does he feel about other English nuttiness ?

And with that, plus Spike quoting Bard, and Giles citing Clarke, you *have*
to be English yourself or an unredeemable Anglophile.

Nice story anyway. Odd thing is, I keep getting flashes of Cordelia. If
she is the closest untransformed to Sunnydale, and the world is
Slauer-bereft once Alt-Buffy Goes Back, doesn't there "In every generation"
bit imply *she* could suddenly find herself the Slayer ?
After all, she knows the rubric, she has cheerleader-enhanced athleticisim
and she's obviously got Anti-Vampire Streetwise to about level 13 ?
What do you think ?

Soren the Lurker