Title: On The Seventh Day
Author: Cilia
E-mail: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Paring: B/W and W/S elements.
Feedback: Oh yes with and extra order of complements.
world last Vampire and they talk about the past.

On The Seventh Day
Cilia

It was almost dawn, the sun would soon rise up from the blue sea and the
sand where she lay was dark. The Seventh Day was upon her, the struggle
behind her. Time to rest now. The wounds didn't hurt anymore and her
bandaged hands were spread on the cool sand.
Why? a smooth British voice asked her.
I'm not really sure, she answered.
He stood above her. His features were so familiar to her eyes, they had been
a constant in her life just like Buffy's, the Slayer before her had.
Mind if I lie down with you for moment? he asked.
Sure I could use the company, she answered with a smile.
Noone should travel alone through the dark valley, he said.
Did you bury her? she asked.
Yes, he answered.
They lay on the sand and stared up into the fading stars. The fire and the
ice, both the last of their kind. The last Slayer and the last Vampire.
So they're all gone now? she asked.
Just you and me ducks, just you and me, he said.
You remember how it was before it all began? she asked.
Sure, god that seems so long ago right now, he exclaimed.
Sunny days and margaritas on the balconies, she chuckled and
then stopped when the pain became too much to bear.
Something like that, he said with sadness.
I'm sorry, she said.
Don't be, it's all over know anyway, he said as he stroked her
pale cheek.
She rolled her head to look at him, her red hair covering her face. Do her
he probably looked the same, he never changed. She felt old, much older than
her twenty five years.
We had some good times didn't we? she asked with a weak smile.
The best of times ducks, the best of times, he answered.
Remember when I set you up with Cordy, she asked with another
smile.
Then I did the same with you and Buffy. Sure how could I forget,
he said with a smile.
Spike why did you help me so much? she asked.
I knew I could never have you, but I could help you, he said
calmly.
Thank you, she whispered as she kissed the hand on her cheek.
It was nothing really, he answered with a smile.
Tell me how it all began? she asked.
He looked at her, seemingly pondering her question before speaking again.
Once upon a time there was beautiful Slayer that went by the
peculiar name of Buffy and she unlike other Slayers before her had friends
and family. She also had very special friend named Willow whom she loved
very much and Willow loved the Slayer with all her heart, he stopped as he
noticed her eyes closing, but went on. Then one day the Slayer had to make a
choice give her destiny to one of her friends or die. She choose to die not
wanting for one of her friends to have to live her life. But then Willow
came to her and made the Slayer give the destiny to her. This is how Willow
became the Slayer and the rest is history, he said and looked at the woman
lying next him. Her eyes almost closed now and the dark spot on the sand had
grown.
Willow you still with me luv? he asked
Yeah I'm still here, she answered in a weak voice.
Watch the sunrise with me? he asked.
Sure I'm not going anywhere, she said as she tried to sit up.
Here let me help you, he said as he helped her site, the blood
instantly covering his hands.
Think they'll be waiting for us? she asked as she looked at him.
I know so Red, he stated firmly.
We both loved her didn't we? she asked.
That we did Red, that we did, he answered as the sun broke over
the horizon.
We'll see her soon, Willow, we'll see her soon.
The sun broke over the horizon, like every other day. The Seventh Day dawned
and the last legends went on to their final awards. Willow smiled as her old
friend greeted her.

The End