FIC: Two Worlds (Chapter 6: Parting Ways)

Hullo all,
Well someone asked be at the awards chat what was going on with Two
Worlds and here's the result. This may seem a little different from the
story, but things have changed and well you'll get the picture.
Recap:
Buffy, Willow, Joyce, Amy and Cordy went back to the Elfin Realm with
Stjar'a and Al'x
Joyce is battling her demons, Stjar'a and Al'x have just become lovers after
Stjar'a's parents rejection of their relationship, Amy is getting it on with
King Vitor of the elves while Al'x and Joyce try to control their hormones
(Joyce was deaged in Through Thick and Thin), Buffy and Willow watch this
all and help were they cane while waiting for the birth of their child.
Enjoy!

Cilia

Two Worlds
Cilia

Chapter 6: Parting Ways

Buffy fastened the cloak around her mothers neck.
"You sure about this?" she asked.
"Positive sweetie, I need to get away for a while," Joyce said
with a smile.
"Just promise me you'll be back in time for the baby's birth,"
Buffy said.
"Would miss it for the world," Joyce said.
"Mom I hate to ask you this, but are you and Al'x."
"No we're not. He has remarkable self control," Joyce answered.
"It's okay if you know. do it. I won't be mad," Buffy said.
"Did Willow talk you into this?" Joyce asked with a raised
eyebrow.
"Not exactly, but she did you use her tongue," Buffy answered
and then covered her mouth.
"Too much information dear," Joyce said as she took the reins
from the stable boy. The horse was a red mare, with a white flame shaped
spot on her head.
"You do know how to ride one of these things?" Buffy asked.
"Don't worry dear I'll be fine," Joyce said and then mounded
that horse in a fluent motion.
"Try not to get hurt," Buffy said.
"I'll do that," Joyce said with a smile.
"And watch out for Al'x. I know he's all grown up now, but he'll
always be Xander to me," Buffy said.
"I'll try not to tire him too much," Joyce said and spurred the
horse on.
"Eww!" Buffy exclaimed as the mental image surfaced.

Willow leaned against a low wall as she watched Al'x prepare.
"Are you sure this is wise?" she asked in her Wicca voice, calm
and distant.
"She'll learn more on the road than her in the castle," Al'x
answered in full warrior mode.
"I know that, but things are a bit tense between you two right
now," Willow stated.
"All the more reason. The trust must be rebuild," Al'x stated.
"I liked you better as Xander," Willow stated with a grin.
"Me too," Al'x answered as the façade slipped away.
"Just promise me that you'll be careful. She's very confused
right now," Willow said and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"I'll be careful," Al'x stated.
"You better or Buffy will make you feel sorry that you ever came
back," Willow said with a grin.
"I've been through a war and still I fear the wrath of Buffy,"
Al'x stated.
"That's actually a bit kinky when you think about it," Willow
said.
"Take care Willow," Al'x said and kissed her cheek.
"You too Xander, you too," Willow said.
She watched as he walked over to the stables and then emerged with a black
horse and his commands could be heard around the courtyard.
"Lets move out," he shouted and reared the horse around, winked
at her and the group of men raced through the gate.
"Willow you okay?" Buffy asked as she grasped her hand.
"Yeah, just reflecting on the future," Willow stated and Buffy
gave her a look.
"Wicca stuff," Willow explained, she'd noticed two things. The
admiring look Joyce had given Al'x and a dark shadow that had only lasted a
moment.

Stjar'a sat on a branch and looked over the forest. Cordelia was at the
market, shopping of course. Some things never change. She smiled at the
memory of the previous night.
"Stjar'a?"
The mentioned of the name startled her and she fell of her perched onto the
ground. She shook her head and focused on the face of the person leaning
over her.
"Father?," she asked as she sat up.
"Afraid so," Sironis answered.
"Mother sent you didn't she?" Stjar'a asked and stood up.
"Afraid so," he nodded.
"Well I'm not changing my mind," she stated and placed her hand
firmly on her hips.
"Wouldn't dream of it. It's just that you gave your mother quiet
a shock, you left for a different world and then return with a human ast'
one," he said calmly.
"And the fact that she's not of royal blood has nothing to do
with mother's disapproval?" Stjar'a asked calmly.
"She's human and you know our family's history," he stated.
"Yes I know of our role in the elfin/human wars, but that doesn'
t change how I fell towards Cordy," she stated.
"She means that much to you?" he asked calmly.
"Yes, she was my friend in a new world, she taught me so much
about human nature and she's willing to learn the ways of our people.
Something nobody except for Al'x has been willing to undertake in recent
memory," Stjar'a said calmly.
"She sounds like a very special person," he stated.
"She is," Stjar'a said with a distant look in her eyes.
"I would like to meet her," he stated.
That snapped Stjar'a out off her trance.
"You want to."
"Meet her yes. I know I can't change your mind, you've too much
of your mother in you for that. So I have no choice, but to try and accept
the girl," he stated.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Stjar'a exclaimed as she
flung herself around her father's neck.

Amy walked through the halls of the palace. That last training session with
Willow had taken it's toll, thirty broken vials from the levitation
training, a minor fire from a fireball spell gone wrong and a bruise or two
from hitting the floor after loosing control of her own levitation. All in
all this was not a good day. Then it brightened as she ran straight into.
"Vitor!" she exclaimed and ran up to the king.
"Felling better I see?" he stated with a grin.
"Yep, Willow has this killer hangover cure," she stated with a
smile.
Vitor looked at this girl in front of him. Her smile, the slightly out of
control hair, from a failed spell no doubt and her eyes.
To hell with tradition, he thought to himself.
"Vitor you in there" Amy asked and the waved a hand in front of
his face.
"Would you to me the pleasure of dinning with me this evening?"
he blurted out, not the way he'd meant it and surely not something one with
his experience would do. Amy just stared.
"Say yes, please," he pleaded with wide golden eyes and Amy
started giggling.
"What?" he asked.
"I'll say yes, if you promise to put the puppy dog look away,"
she said.
"Puppy dog look?" he asked with no small amount of confusion.
Amy did the same thing.
"I did that?" he exclaimed as laughter erupted from his throat.
"Well without the pout," Amy said.
"The Royal hall, after sundown?" he asked.
"Fine by me," Amy said.
Vitor looked at her for moment and then did something incredibly impulsive
for somebody as old as him. He stole a kiss.
"Tonight then," he said and walked away.
There was silence for a moment and then a joyous screech as Amy raced for
her room.

TBC....