WAY OT: Some words of encouragement, ramblings and thoughts

The following is not a paid advertisement. You will not grow more hair, be thinner, cook
more efficiantly or have a better sex life by reading it. In light of the 'christian
right' and 'homophobic' threads going around, you may however go....Hmmm...she might have
a point. Then again, you might not....this is just something I thought I'd contribute to
the above mentioned threads. My own 2 cents if it's worth even that much. If your not
interested in hearing yet another opinion (opinions are like a**holes - everybody's got
one) , then...well...delete me now and please continue with your regularly scheduled
programming. *grin*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Hey all,

With all of the fear of censorship going around about Tara and Willow's relationship and
kiss I just felt the need to share some positive thoughts. I find myself questioning a
lot of things every day.. Even more so now than ever because I have just been kicked to
the curb after a four year relationship *sigh*. But I've never once questioned who I am
and whether it was right for me to love who I love or not. I simply love. Period. End
of sentence. Black, white, yellow, green, grey, short, tall, skinny, fat, male, female -
it never mattered to me and never will. We are the only mammals that can feel love on a
spiritual and emotional level...we need and yearn companionship and only we as individuals
know if it's right...if it REALLY feels right. No other person can tell you how and who
to love because of one simple fact - they are not you. I've come to discover in all of my
26 years that we aren't bodies with souls.....we are souls with bodies and when you feel
something deep down in your soul where you just know it right...well then, it can't be any
other thing but *right*.

I've seen a lot of discussion on the boards and on the mailing lists. As far as Willow
and Tara are concerned, a lot of people want to know when we are going to see the
relationship develop. My take on it is this....From the minute they joined hands in
"Hush" we have seen it develop. We've seen them rely on each other and trust each other
and get comfortable and share things...important things. We are, on a very personal level
that Aly and Amber have pulled off to perfection so far, witnessing their relationship for
all it is worth.

That goes for every pairing we can think of...and some we haven't yet...in the
buffyverse. I'd get my butt severly whipped if I didn't mention all of the wonderful
moments between Buffy and Willow. I can think of 10 moments righ off the top of my head
where they just...fit and it felt like so much more than a friendship. You know?
*sigh* Then there's always the Buffy and Faith subtext that we can't seem to get enough
of or write enough about.....Joss was certainly on target when he said that every
relationship is on some level romantic. How can it not be?

As far as sub-text is concerned...well..don't we all have that in our lives? Didn't you
ever gaze at someone lovingly and have your heart leap into your throat when you thought
they were looking at you the same way? So I say to hell with subtext...what we are
witnessing and what we have experienced ourselves is main text....fully written, directed
by and staring ourselves in all our glory - after all...there's no way Joss or anyone else
could write it if he didn't feel it himself at one time in his life. If we didn't
identify with the characters on some level then we wouldn't write about them. If there
wasn't a piece of us shining through the characters then the show wouldn't have lasted a
full season and we wouldn't have connected with them on a personal level.

I guess my point is that for what ever reason you write - keep doing it. It's a good
enough reason. At this point for me it's like therapy. If I can't be happy then damn it
my favorite characters will be! Never mind the christian right or the preachers or
censers or bible beaters that tell the homosexual community that they're gonna burn in the
fires of hell for all of eternity. What ever religion you are or aren't - what ever
higher being you believe to have put you here on this earth...who ever that may be....that
higher being put you here for a reason. Some thought went into how you were made...and no
matter what anyone else says - it wasn't a mistake. No one can tell me who I can and
can't love. I love simply because I have the capacity to do it. And when I'm loved
back? Well, that's the best feeling in the world.

Ok...enough serious stuff.....Here is a little one act thing a friend sent me a long time
ago. When I see all sad homophobic crap that's out there I pull this out and it gives me
a happy. Hope it does the same for you. *grin*

THE LANDLORD and THE GAYS

(Scene: The Heavenly Real Estate Office. The Landlord is cheerily rounding up a covey of
blazing comets that have skittered under Queen Cassiopeia's chair. His business agent, Mr.
Gabriel, enters, his Golden Trumpet in one hand and more reports from the tiny planet
Earth in the other.)

The Landlord: (to the comets) Come out from under there, you little scamps, before you
set that whole galaxy on fire.

Gabriel: Excuse me, Sir, another batch of Prayergrams from your most devout Christians.

Landlord: (waving a hand) Whatever they want, Gabriel. Now where did those frisky little
devils get to?

Gabriel: Yes, sir, they want you to evict 10 percent of your tenants down there.
(raising the Golden Trumpet) I've never attempted a partial eviction. Shall I try?

Landlord: (looking up) What 10 percent, Gabriel?

Gabriel: The Gays, sir. Your devout Christians say they've done their utmost to keep
them out of their schools, their offices, their churches and their lives, but without
success. So their Prayergrams ask you to remove them from the face of the Earth.

The Landlord: By me, Gabriel, that doesn't sound very Christian. I thought they were
supposed to love their neighbors?

Gabriel: Oh, they do, sir, if their neighbors are of the same color, economic bracket
and sexual orientation.

The Landlord: But what harm do these gay people do?

Gabriel: I'm afraid your not seeing the big picture, sir. Gays simply don't fit into
your grand design. You know, two by two, male and female? Generation after generation? The
fact of the matter is that gays simply don't procreate.

The Landlord: I thought there was enough procreation down there already.

Gabriel: And they commit unspeakable acts.

The Landlord: Murder? Torture? Paving over my mountain meadows?

Gabriel: Unspeakable sexual acts, sir.

The Landlord: Ah, you mean they express their love for each other in different ways.

Gabriel: (annoyed) Really, sir, if these people were automobiles, they'd be recalled at
once. They're clearly defective.

The Landlord: (frowning) Defective, Gabriel?

Gabriel: Exactly, sir. Some essential part is missing, some vital drive is
malfunctioning. Bungled wiring, a loose screw... who knows?

The Landlord: Clearly they are examples of shoddy workmanship then?

Gabriel: Oh definitely, sir. And they certainly don't deserve to clutter up your little
blue-green jewel of a planet a minute longer. (raising his trumpet again) Shall I evict
them now?

The Landlord: (slowly) And who made these imperfect products, Gabriel?

Gabriel: Why, you did, of course, but... (he lowers the trumpet in sudden consternation)
Good you, sir, I didn't mean to blaspheme. You will forgive them then?

The Landlord: (smiling) A wise philosopher said long ago, Gabriel, that if I made these
sinners, it is not I who should forgive them, but they who should forgive me.

Gabriel: Well, I'm sure the gays will be glad to hear of your tolerance and generosity,
sir.

The Landlord: The gays? I was talking about my most devout Christians.

Sorry if this was totally random and a tad off course.....I felt like sharing and I
thought some of my favorite writers could use encouragement. My creativity well is a
little dry right now...real life snuck up on me and smacked me in the back of the head
with a frying pan. I still have that pesky ringing in my ears, but I'm sure I'll recover
nicely. Reading fic helps...really...keep it coming. *grin*

your humble, rambling and sleep deprived bard,
~~Kimber
(sig is still on strike.......blame Rod)