FIC: Repost - Inner Battle (2/?)

TITLE (Tentative): Inner Battle
AUTHOR: Roman.
E-mail: imroman@xxxxxxxxxx
PAIRING: Buffy/Willow
DISCLAIMER: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. I'm
just borrowing them for a little while and I'll retun them as undamaged as
posible. <g>
FEEDBACK : This is my first attempt to write a fic on any fandom so please
be gentle. However if it is your honest opinion that it s*cks, please tell
me. Just remember I have a weak heart <g>.
SPOILERS: Set like 3 or 4 months after Who are you. Adam's still at large,
or is he now?
SUMMARY : Let it be a surprise for now, ok?
DISTRIBUTION: If you want to place this on a website just e-mail me and I'll
say yes.

We are still in Chapter 1, this is just the setup for the main part of the
chapter.

---------

The Bronze was packed, just like every Friday night since the first time it
opened its doors. Xander pushed his way through the crowd with his
ex-demonic girlfriend in tow, trying to get to the sitting area. Although he
knew it would be imposible to find a free table, Anya's constant whining for
a couch, a chair or even a stool to sit down was something he'd like to put
a stop to. The sooner the better.

Once he reached his destination he took a quick look around and inmediatedly
spotted Buffy, talking animatedly with Willow and Tara on a couch that to
him looked to have enough space left to acommodate him and her still whining
girlfriend.

The pair navigated their way to the girls and Xander waved at them to get
their atention "Hey gals! It's been a while since you've showed your pretty
faces around here." He turned a grin at Buffy then. "Looks like you managed
to end 'Will's Reign of Terror' eh Buff?"

The sudden widening of the slayer's eyes and the glare that the hacker threw
her way were sign enough for him to realize he was once again in for a taste
of his footware.

The slayer turned her head slowly to face her still glaring friend and began
to explain in a somewhat lame manner. "It's not what you think Will...er...I
was under a lot of pressure at the time and...and I may have said
Reign...and I may have said Terror, but ..but..he took it completely out of
context...yeah...I...we were discussing Dracula, you know, the book? and he
was comparing him to the Master..and how he wanted to stablish his reign
here, and
how he was so terrifying, so it had to be a reign of terror of course,
but..."

Willow crossed her arms and raised a shapely brow, her face showing exactly
what she thought of the story she was hearing. Behind her Tara was trying
very hard not to laugh at the face of the slayer that was clearly showing
her desperation at her digging herself deeper and deeper with every word
coming out of her mouth. She knew that Willow was well aware of how Buffy
called their study program, which by the way had taken them throughout the
midterms without a problem, and the hacker-slash-witch was just giving her
friend a hard time. Which was understandable, because, now that she could
see for herself, Buffy did look really cute when she was flustered.

Before Buffy could utter another word, Willow let out the laugh that she had
been trying to contain since the whole apology thing began. "Please Buffy
not another word." She said trying to catch her breath and waving a hand in
front of the slayer. "If you dig yourself any deeper we wont be able to find
you in years!"

Buffy mock backhanded her on the arm "You! You knew all along didn't you?!"
A grin between relief and mischief appeared on her face "You do realize you
have a mean streak,don't you?" The grin turned a little wicked "I like it".

This made the readhead blush a little bit. She turned her gaze away, but it
returned a moment later, this time with intent eyes focused on the slayer.
She opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by an annoyingly familiar
voice.

"Hey Slayer. We have a problem" A rather agitated looking Spike said as a
way of greeting, startling the bejesus out of everyone by his sudden
appeareance. Every one but Buffy that is, who had sensed him the minute he
got in the club.

"We? I don't know about we. The only problem I seem to have right now can be
solved with a well placed wooden stake" Was the slayer's response, opening
her jacket a little bit to show him said wooden implement for good meassure.

"I'm serious dammit!. Something big is going on. Haven't you noticed things
have been too quiet around here lately?"

Now he had her atention. She had noticed, and wondered a little about it,
but
chalked it up as a seasonal thing.

Spike continued."All the bigshots are skipping town, some for a while they
say, others for good. Only unorganized groups of vamps and some demons,
mostly loners are still here, you know, the ones out of the loop."

"You mean like you" Xander couldn't help but trying to get one on the blonde
vampire.

Spike gave him a look that under different circumstances, specifically if he
didn't have that bloody chip in his head, would've had the teen running for
cover and and a change of pants.

Said cover was now pensive. This could be something to be worried about. If
the demons were on the run, something very bad was on its way or already in
residence.

"Could it be Adam and the group he is gathering?" The Willow asked fishing
for an explanation.

Spike glanced at her, but answered to the slayer instead."I don't think so.
I run into some of the guys that were with him and they hadn't seen or heard
from the freak in almost a week. They think he could be dead"

Now that made Buffy made a doubletake. Whatever was out there may had taken
Adam out and that was impressive on its own."Okay. Spike, you and I will try
and find out more, we'll go out and ask the locals. The rest of you guys
find Giles and set HQ. We have work to do".With that she stood up and walked
towards the back door of the club, Spike just a step behind her.

Xander went to find Anya. She had split from the group exactly a minute
after the conversation had started. That left Willow and Tara still seated
on the couch to regard one another.

"You haven't told her yet, have you?" The blond witch said. It was a
statement, not a question.

"No"

"You know you'll have to. Sooner or later."

"Yeah, but it seems that the money is on later" The redhead sighed. a little
and then stood up to meet Xander and Anya that were coming their way.

"I really hope not." Was the whispered reply.

Willow looked at her, then stood up to meet Xander and Anya who were coming
their way.

"For both your sakes" Tara muttered, this time to herself just before
standing up too.

The four got together and left the club to find Giles and start trying to
figure out what the deal was this time.

TBC