From: "Aaron Davies" <agd12@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <buffywantswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [buffywantswillow] Hello, and a question

Erin wrote:

> Now I have a quick question. Those who are familiar with Xena fanfic
> know about the whole "Uber-Xena" movement; for those who aren't, I'll
> just say that "Uber-Xena" stories are those which take two characters
> very similar to Xena and Gabrielle, and place them in a different
> setting (usually modern, but not always). These characters aren't
> actually Xena and Gabrielle, but they look exactly like them and they
> act similarly (depending on what is appropriate for the time period
> they're in).
>
> My question is, why haven't more (or at least some) of these same type
> of stories been done with other fandoms, like Buffy?

I'd say it's primarily because Xena is the only show (AFAIK) where uber
is canon, so to speak. That is, there have been actual uber-eps on TV,
which, I assume, is what inspired the whole thing. Nobody else does this
kind of thing because nobody else ever thought of it.
--
__ __
/ ) / )

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3011/7/_/663639/_/956628381/