Re: [buffywantswillow] Re: [buffyloveswillow] Re: Hello, and a question

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:28:14 -0400, you wrote:

>Just because the show doesn't say they aren't soulmates, doesn't mean
>it can't be done that way. We've had stories so far where, Willow was the
>Slayer, Buffy was something of an airhead (i.e. - like Cordelia), etc,. With
>all the talent and ingeniously evil minded writers out there, why not do
>it??

That's what I was wondering. Kim, you definately make a good point
that there is a "soulmate" quality in Xena that doesn't exist (in
canon) in BtVS. But we've also seen Buffy/Willow stories where the
writer does make them soulmates, and as everyone knows, just because a
relationship is not canonized doesn't mean that writers can't
speculate. ;)

I remember when "The Xena Scrolls" first came out, and a lot of people
started playing with the idea of "uber-Xena" fiction. The idea of
Xena and Gabrielle as timeless heroes, similar to Moorcock's Eternal
Champion and Eternal Companion, is a very appealing one. And it has
since been canonized in eps like "Between the Lines" and "Deja Vu All
Over Again" where the idea of reincarnated souls reuniting lifetime
after lifetime appeals to the romantic.

But I think it's far too interesting of a concept to limit it to the
Xena fandom. :) What if reincarnation was not only possible, but
true? What if this wasn't the only time that Buffy and Willow met? (Or
Buffy and Faith, for you B/F people.) What if Buffy and Willow
weren't the Slayer and Witch of modern day, but someone else entirely,
with the same personalities, preferences, and desires?

Anyway, like I said I understand why Uber originated in the Xena
fandom; I've just got this idea that it shouldn't be limited there,
and I was kinda wondering how an uber B/W or B/F would be received.
:)

Erin
--
Buffy: "Would you like to?"